Lies Lies Lies

146 posts
rfc58

Re: Lies Lies Lies

by rfc58 » 29 Aug 2008 13:30

brendywendy
Man Friday ok, we got £2.5m but it may well have been £2.50 because we won't see a penny of it spent on players - it will go towards repaying JM's loans. There's no point in saying "bite their hands off, take the money and run, etc". It doesn't matter what we get for players, it only matters to JM's accountant and bank manager - when will some others start to see that?

when will"some people" see that paying off our debts, is something good for the club,

And others will argue that by selling players who are capable of getting you back to where the big bucks are (As JM would want) and replacing them with players who are not capable of this, is short term gain, long term loss !

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Aug 2008 13:33

Alan Partridge
Stranded So Stoke have strengthened their side by signing a key element of one of last year's worst defences for £2.5m - good deal for us I think.

Sensational deal.

Reading FC - I'm looking forward to seeing

No penalties conceeded
Reading finish with 11 men on the field

8)

The two AP's are on the same page for once :D

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 29 Aug 2008 13:33

Royal Lady
holsgrove breaks a leg
Royal Lady At least Stoke fans can't say that their club hasn't given it a go. We couldn't say that.

wooopey do signing two players in a massively over priced fashion, egg on their face if they go down and if truth be told getting rid of players who dont want to play for reading anymore: its hardly rocket science.Excrucriatingly annoying that it is for some but Stoke are a premiership club and we are not so we have to cut our cloth accordingly, much like they will have to do (and extremely so) if they fall through the relegation trapdoor.I really couldnt care less what other clubs do in relation to what we have/havent done in the transfer market in the past, lets concentrate on the team we have now in the championship and enjoy our football-i for one agree with coppell i cant wait until the window slams shut so the focus is on training the players and the matchdays itself. Oh and its nice to see some confidence put into the superb performances of Alex Pearce,someone who is young,hungry and willing to carve out a name for himself at the club :roll:
I didn't realise Stoke had only signed two new players. :roll:

ohh yeah i forgot that the current Stoke team are in need of urgent player investment to supplement the rubbish they currently have, keep making those panic buys Pulis.....

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 29 Aug 2008 13:35

Alan Partridge Sensational deal.

Time for you to dust off those dancing shoes, AP.

Residents of Didcot - lock up your wives and / or daughters as AP is on the prowl :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Aug 2008 13:38

So if we sign anyone between now and Monday - will you call that a "panic buy" as well then?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 29 Aug 2008 13:42

T.R.O.L.I.
Alan Partridge Sensational deal.

Time for you to dust off those dancing shoes, AP.

Residents of Didcot - lock up your wives and / or daughters as AP is on the prowl :lol:

Throwing some shapes around, the old lasoo will be out!.... :mrgreen:

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 29 Aug 2008 13:42

Royal Lady At least Stoke fans can't say that their club hasn't given it a go. We couldn't say that.

Absolutely right, in much the same way that Tommy Burns was held in such high regard by Reading fans everywhere for buying the magnificent seven on transfer deadline day. OK, he had a go - it's just that his 'go' wasn't good enough.

When Stoke come down this season, what will their fans say, I wonder? 'OK we had a go - well done Pulis'; or 'we wasted our chance buying sub-standard players. Pulis out'; or maybe 'it is so difficult to compete in the PL, so no matter what we did we were going to struggle, like the vast majority of promoted clubs.'

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Aug 2008 13:42

readingbedding Really indeed, more crap from the mongs.

I think these links hold more credence than the usual monghammonbaiters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... enger.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007 ... ory.sport2

http://www.roarofthecrowd.co.uk/forum/v ... 63&p=10051

Bloomin monghead revisionists.

LOL @ believing all you read in the papers. Reading Bedding go home, your village is missing its idiot.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Aug 2008 13:44

Hampshire Royal

Absolutely right, in much the same way that Tommy Burns was held in such high regard by Reading fans everywhere for buying the magnificent seven on transfer deadline day. OK, he had a go - it's just that his 'go' wasn't good enough.

When Stoke come down this season, what will their fans say, I wonder? 'OK we had a go - well done Pulis'; or 'we wasted our chance buying sub-standard players. Pulis out'; or maybe 'it is so difficult to compete in the PL, so no matter what we did we were going to struggle, like the vast majority of promoted clubs.'
Personally, I wouldn't call Kitson and Sonko sub-standard.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2008 13:46

floyd__streete
readingbedding Really indeed, more crap from the mongs.

I think these links hold more credence than the usual monghammonbaiters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... enger.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007 ... ory.sport2

http://www.roarofthecrowd.co.uk/forum/v ... 63&p=10051

Bloomin monghead revisionists.

LOL @ believing all you read in the papers. Reading Bedding go home, your village is missing its idiot.

Hypercrit!

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 29 Aug 2008 13:56

Royal Lady
Hampshire Royal

Personally, I wouldn't call Kitson and Sonko sub-standard.

They both played in a team that wasn't good enough to stay up last year.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Aug 2008 13:59

Man Friday
brendywendy
Man Friday ok, we got £2.5m but it may well have been £2.50 because we won't see a penny of it spent on players - it will go towards repaying JM's loans. There's no point in saying "bite their hands off, take the money and run, etc". It doesn't matter what we get for players, it only matters to JM's accountant and bank manager - when will some others start to see that?

when will"some people" see that paying off our debts, is something good for the club,

When the club is sold JM will get all his money back - he doesn't need to scrape off every single pound we sell a player for between now and then, money desperatly needed for new players. In the meantime, it makes no odds to the club that it is debt to JM. He could always write off the debt - that would be a true benefactor. Loaning the club the money is hardly helpful when it has to be repaid. I don't know about you but I'm not too grateful to my mortgage company.

I thought we (via the very well-informed westendgirl) had already established that in the last published accounts the loan was £8m and that the rest of it had been converted to shares.

Keep on peddling the same old nonsense though if it amuses you guys.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2008 14:04

Hampshire Royal They both played in a team that wasn't good enough to stay up last year.

So did Sebastien Larsson, James McFadden and Mauro Zarate. Are they sub standard?
FWIW, Kitson was the best performer bar Marcus for us last year. 10 goals with next to no service. I'd like to see most strikers do that.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 29 Aug 2008 14:10

SCIAG
Hampshire Royal They both played in a team that wasn't good enough to stay up last year.

So did Sebastien Larsson, James McFadden and Mauro Zarate. Are they sub standard?
FWIW, Kitson was the best performer bar Marcus for us last year. 10 goals with next to no service. I'd like to see most strikers do that.

All I'm saying is that they may not be good enough, by themselves, to keep Stoke up this year. And, to be fair to Kitson who I like, he's not what I'd call a top-class PL striker.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Aug 2008 14:13

SCIAG
floyd__streete LOL @ believing all you read in the papers. Reading Bedding go home, your village is missing its idiot.

Hypercrit!

That would be hypocrite. Next time you wade on in, at least check your spelling, you moron.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2008 14:16

floyd__streete
SCIAG
floyd__streete LOL @ believing all you read in the papers. Reading Bedding go home, your village is missing its idiot.

Hypercrit!

That would be hypocrite. Next time you wade on in, at least check your spelling, you moron.

That would be street.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 29 Aug 2008 14:20

kingsleyroyal I'm not jumping on a bandwagon, but Hammond is poison. Within the football circle, his reputation is regarded apaulling. He doesn't know what he is doing (except selling Sonko!).

The reason our club is in this situation is purely down to him. Hammond out!

C'mon, Kingsley! Name names!

Streets

by Streets » 29 Aug 2008 14:24

SCIAG
floyd__streete

That would be street.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Streete

Floyd Anthony Streete (born 5 May 1959 in Jamaica) is a retired English football player who played for a number of clubs in England, including Cambridge United, Derby County, Wolves, Reading and Leighton Town, as well as for FC Utrecht and SC Cambuur in the Netherlands.

He is a currently a successful business developer, but is still involved with football and has contributed to several clubs in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. He married the Swedish socialite Catrin Sander and resides in Bermuda.

Know your club!
Last edited by Streets on 29 Aug 2008 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Aug 2008 14:25

:lol: Oh dear!

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 29 Aug 2008 14:28

SCIAG
floyd__streete
SCIAG Hypercrit!

That would be street.

Nothing you can ever say or do will dig you out of what you've just done.

146 posts