149 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Lita's Spot Kick v Stoke

by Royal Lady » 24 Sep 2008 10:37

Woodcote Royal
Alan Partridge
Stooper Have you guys actually listened to yourselves?

Absolutely embarassing thread.

Absolutely, but only for those who simply refuse to wake up and smell the coffee regarding a striker who has done next to nothing for nearly 2 years.
No, it's embarrassing because some people genuinely think he missed that penalty on purpose. Irrespective of his current form (or lack of it) accusing someone of deliberately losing a game is disgusting imo.

Toadie

by Toadie » 24 Sep 2008 10:56

Toadie I've just got in from the local, and only saw the P.K so I wasn't at the game, but I've just had this discussion with 3 mates in the pub.

The more you see it, the more you think that he leathered that as hard as he could. If you see his body shape when foot hits ball there's no way he intended anything other than to blast that ball as far as he could over the bar.

He's not getting games, he doesn't wanna play for us.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I think that tonight was telling.

If he's gonna spit the dummy because he's not playing, then sack him off.

"Last night's post" was sponsored by Foster's :oops:

It wasn't deliberate, he's just plain rubbish!

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 24 Sep 2008 11:29

i dont have a problem with Lita's attitude, i don't have a problem with Lita's penalty, he just missed it.

My major problem with Lita is that contrary to 2005-2006, he's sh1t.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Sep 2008 11:44

Woodcote Royal
Alan Partridge
Stooper Have you guys actually listened to yourselves?

Absolutely embarassing thread.

Absolutely, but only for those who simply refuse to wake up and smell the coffee regarding a striker who has done next to nothing for nearly 2 years.

Well done for missing the point entirely. His form over the last year and a bit has been dire, he doesn't warrant selection and that wasn't the issue being raised. The issue was some idiots genuinely believing he missed it on purprose and 'doesnt' give a shit anyway' which couldn't be further than the truth. What you see is a striker woefully out of form and despite his sometimes laid back demeaner (sp) someone woefully short of confidence.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Sep 2008 11:48

Alan Partridge
Woodcote Royal
Alan Partridge Absolutely embarassing thread.

Well done for missing the point entirely. His form over the last year and a bit has been dire, he doesn't warrant selection and that wasn't the issue being raised. The issue was some idiots genuinely believing he missed it on purprose and 'doesnt' give a shit anyway' which couldn't be further than the truth. What you see is a striker woefully out of form and despite his sometimes laid back demeaner (sp) someone woefully short of confidence.

He has a habit of doing that, but don't expect him to admit it. :lol:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 24 Sep 2008 11:51

Whilst I initially was over the top in my reaction I have thought about the whole thing now.

AP is right Lita is playing with a total lack of confidence, which has been added to by Coppell's lack of faith in him.

It's sad to see a player fall from grace so fast.

He still has it in him to be a very good player, he just needs to play at another team. I'll be happy to see him scoring goals at another club. The whole dynamics of the situation are not working for him here.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Sep 2008 12:02

Let's all be completely honest here - if Lita had tried to deliberately miss that penalty he probably would've stuck it int he top corner.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Sep 2008 12:04

Alan Partridge Well done for missing the point entirely. His form over the last year and a bit has been dire, he doesn't warrant selection and that wasn't the issue being raised. The issue was some idiots genuinely believing he missed it on purprose and 'doesnt' give a shit anyway' which couldn't be further than the truth. What you see is a striker woefully out of form and despite his sometimes laid back demeaner (sp) someone woefully short of confidence.

You said this thread was embarrassing, that was it; 3 words, yet you blame others for not getting "your point" :roll:

Now you've decided to narrow it down to those who suggested that the spot kick was deliberately missed, I have no idea whether this was the case or not...................neither do you.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 24 Sep 2008 12:08

Woodcote Royal
Alan Partridge Well done for missing the point entirely. His form over the last year and a bit has been dire, he doesn't warrant selection and that wasn't the issue being raised. The issue was some idiots genuinely believing he missed it on purprose and 'doesnt' give a shit anyway' which couldn't be further than the truth. What you see is a striker woefully out of form and despite his sometimes laid back demeaner (sp) someone woefully short of confidence.

You said this thread was embarrassing, that was it; 3 words, yet you blame others for not getting "your point" :roll:

Now you've decided to narrow it down to those who suggested that the spot kick was deliberately missed, I have no idea whether this was the case or not...................neither do you.

Isn't that what the entire thread has been about though?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Sep 2008 12:09

Only for those who can't be bothered to read it properly.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 24 Sep 2008 12:11

Bill Oddie's Beard
Woodcote Royal

Nope. Some people took it off on that ludicrous tangent, but others were having a serious discussion about attitude and motivation.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Sep 2008 12:11

Whether he intended to miss it or not, the sooner Leroy moves on the better - for everybody.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Sep 2008 12:13

Woodcote Royal Only for those who can't be bothered to read it properly.

Or even the first post, it would seem.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 24 Sep 2008 12:14

Dirk Gently
Bill Oddie's Beard
Woodcote Royal

Nope. Some people took it off on that ludicrous tangent, but others were having a serious discussion about attitude and motivation.

The first post was

"Body language

Was that a “watch this Coppell” ……….. haha feck you Reading

He hardly looked disappointed, payback time?

Watch it on SSN 11.05, it's obvious"

To me that sound like it's suggesting that Lita missed on purpose
Last edited by Bill Oddie's Beard on 24 Sep 2008 12:17, edited 2 times in total.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Sep 2008 12:14

Just read this:

"Reading could have won it late on in normal time but Lita was guilty of a horrendous miss when he inexplicably headed Henry's right-wing cross wide from barely a yard out and the visitors eventually paid the price."

A YARD out. Suspicious I have to say. Even the reporter seems to be implying that with the word "inexplicable".

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Sep 2008 12:15

If he missed on purpose then his fellow players would have something to say about it.
I would.

retro royal

by retro royal » 24 Sep 2008 12:23

http://www.whydelilah.co.uk/news/23_Sep ... ng%20.html

Stoke won 4-3 with Simmo making a great save and Lewis Buxton attempting to emulate Chris Waddle. Obviously determined to make a mockery of Lewis' effort, Reading's Leroy Lita proved the biggest Waddle fan to send the ball somewhere into Trentham. Rumour has it, it landed somewhere in the Monkey Forest.

I did feel for the Reading fans who had made the long trip up only to go back with nothing to show.

gh7901

by gh7901 » 24 Sep 2008 12:24

This thread is unbelievable. Even more unbelievable that its run to 4 pages!

He missed. It was a bad penalty, and he isnt the best penalty taker at the best of times, but it can happen to anyone.
Did Stewart Downing miss his purposely at the weekend?
I dont understand why people cant accept that players are human and do make mistakes. Just the same as we'll all miss a simple shot playing park football, it WILL happen to a professional too, they arn't immune (although it should happen far less often)

As for his reaction, he didnt look devastated, no, but from this thread you'd be forgiven for thinking he was smiling and laughing afterwards!

I still like him. His attitude doesnt help him but we've known about that since day 1. I'd still give him another crack ahead of Long

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Sep 2008 12:28

gh7901 This thread is unbelievable. Even more unbelievable that its run to 4 pages!

He missed. It was a bad penalty, and he isnt the best penalty taker at the best of times, but it can happen to anyone.
Did Stewart Downing miss his purposely at the weekend?
I dont understand why people cant accept that players are human and do make mistakes. Just the same as we'll all miss a simple shot playing park football, it WILL happen to a professional too, they arn't immune (although it should happen far less often)

As for his reaction, he didnt look devastated, no, but from this thread you'd be forgiven for thinking he was smiling and laughing afterwards!

I still like him. His attitude doesnt help him but we've known about that since day 1. I'd still give him another crack ahead of Long

I wouldn't. Long always gives his best and usually makes a difference (Saturday and last night).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Sep 2008 12:34

View from a neutral:

It was one of those penalties where you could tell he was going to miss when he walked up to take it. He just didn't seem to care very much.

I find it difficult to believe he was deliberately trying to miss. I find it much easier to believe he wasn't really trying to score. But I haven't seen it yet, so I'll reserve judgement on that.

What I won't reserve judgement on, is that he is a total liability on large wages and should be shifted as soon as possible. He may go on to have a fantastic career. But the fact remains he has only managed to score goals in a couple of months period in a team that was pissing all over it's opposition with ease, and for a about a month in the premiership, when the same team was at the top of its game.

Other than that. He's missed easy chances galore and contributed virtually nothing. And he has off the pitch issues which haven't reflected well on the club. Nothing very recently. But it is clearly best for all concerned that he buggers off and Mooney gets some bench minutes and cup games.

149 posts