Please give Henry a chance

141 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Please give Henry a chance

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2008 20:09

Archie's penalty
SCIAG Also, can we clear this up: Henry is pronounced as if he was French.

In the words of the great John Mcenroe 'You cannot be serious'?

Two years ago, in a reserve match, Henry scored a hattrick from the wing. The announcer announced the goals with "Reading's goalscorer, number 7 (or 11), James ONREE!" I don't think I've pronounced Henry in the English manner since.

In other words, no, I'm not serious, but it would sound fbb.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 07 Dec 2008 20:27

This is the best chance Henrys got to prove a point this season.

coppel wont play convey as he hasnt played in so long he wont be match fit, so it will either be Henry or Marek on the wing, Both wanting to prove a point.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2008 21:03

So Henry's minute long subsitute appearances will magically keep him match fit?

This isn't FM.

Oh, and learn to spell.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 07 Dec 2008 22:32

SCIAG So Henry's minute long subsitute appearances will magically keep him match fit?

Likewise with Marek? :?
Neither have had longer than 20 minutes out on the pitch in the last few weeks.
Marek hasn't played a full league game since the beginning of the season and Henry needs to prove himself. Besides, is Marek fully recovered? 8)
I'm just imagining the joy i'd have if I saw Henry in the starting line-up.
I can only see Marek playing on the RM, unfortunately.
Still, the point of this thread is to ask for Henry to have a go.
Let him have a go.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 07 Dec 2008 22:55

He deserves a chance. Karacan and Pearce were given their chances. Why not Henry?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Dec 2008 08:35

Hopefully Henry will get his chance.

However I wouldn't put it beyond SC to go for Rosenior on the right wing and Murty in at right back!

Wonder if we'll appear Kebe's sending off though

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Dec 2008 08:55

Barry the bird boggler Hopefully Henry will get his chance.

However I wouldn't put it beyond SC to go for Rosenior on the right wing and Murty in at right back!

Wonder if we'll appear Kebe's sending off though

Apparently we don't have the 'camera angles' to back up our case, same as BK's.

Murts aint match fit yet. But the most likely thing Coppell will do, IMHO, would be to put HuntN on right, and bring Long in up front.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 08 Dec 2008 09:24

I'm sure Marek or Gunner will start and we'll change our shape a little, as it doesn't look like Coppell has the confidence in Henry yet.

Personally I'd love to see him get a chance to start and Blackpool home seems the ideal game.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Dec 2008 09:32

Scarface I'm sure Marek or Gunner will start and we'll change our shape a little, as it doesn't look like Coppell has the confidence in Henry yet.
Personally I'd love to see him get a chance to start and Blackpool home seems the ideal game.

Based on what? If Coppell didn't have the confidence in him he'd not have got anywhere near the bench.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Dec 2008 09:32

marek needs to come in the side somewhere, somehow. He has had long enough on the bench

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Dec 2008 09:35

loyalroyal4life marek needs to come in the side somewhere, somehow. He has had long enough on the bench

Novel way to pick a team - the one who's been sitting on the bench longest fills the vacant space. Just as well Federici was out on loan or it would have been his turn to fill in for Bikey......

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Dec 2008 09:36

If Coppell want's to continue to play in the same style then Henry will come in - I can see some logic in Bryn on the right, could free up Rosenior to bomb forward more as Bryn could fall back to RB to cover that.

Marek could well do a fine job there as well.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 08 Dec 2008 10:26

Dirk Gently
Scarface I'm sure Marek or Gunner will start and we'll change our shape a little, as it doesn't look like Coppell has the confidence in Henry yet.

Based on what? If Coppell didn't have the confidence in him he'd not have got anywhere near the bench.

Based on the fact he rarely brings him on unless the game is "won". We'll see tomorrow night won't we.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 08 Dec 2008 11:18

Dirk Gently
loyalroyal4life marek needs to come in the side somewhere, somehow. He has had long enough on the bench

Novel way to pick a team - the one who's been sitting on the bench longest fills the vacant space. Just as well Federici was out on loan or it would have been his turn to fill in for Bikey......

I think it is decision time re Marek and how he fits into our team/plans. He is a current full international not able to get a game in a Championship team. If this situation continues he will have to look to move elsewhere in Jan. He has undoubted ability but will not be the answer on the right flank. SC does like his wingers to get crosses in so hopefully Henry will get his chance.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Dec 2008 11:46

Dirk Gently

what i meant by that is cant really keep using excuse of 'he has just come back from injury so take it easy on him'

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Dec 2008 11:51

loyalroyal4life
Dirk Gently

what i meant by that is cant really keep using excuse of 'he has just come back from injury so take it easy on him'

Not sure that has ever been used as an excuse. Throughout his management career SC has always said that no-one has a right to a place in the team when coming back from injury or suspension. With us he's shown time and time again that he won't change a winning team or formation, and that those wearing the shirt stay keep it unless they seriously oxf*rd up - and sometimes even if they do!

Why on earth anyone thinks he's now suddenly going to change the habit of a lifetime and change the formation or playing style when he's lost a right-winger and has a right-winger on the bench is completely beyond me.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Dec 2008 16:13

Scarface
Dirk Gently

Based on the fact he rarely brings him on unless the game is "won". We'll see tomorrow night won't we.

But there have rarely been chances to bring him on when the game hasn't been "won".

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Dec 2008 16:21

SCIAG But there have rarely been chances to bring him on when the game hasn't been "won".

There would've been if Coppell had enough faith to include him on the bench instead of an extra defender for those games when Kebe has looked less than convincing.

I agree with Scarface that Coppell doesn't quite trust Henry yet, but I hope he gets his chance tomorrow night.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Dec 2008 16:39

think is this will all be in vain if come tommorow kebe's card is rescinded (which it should be)

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 08 Dec 2008 16:40

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread, but it's got to be worth trying Marek on the right. He deserves a chance for his patience and talent. Henry can wait a bit longer. If it works, the only problem will be: what to do when Kebe's back.

141 posts