Blades bid for Lita

323 posts
Colin Cheeselog

Re: Blades bid for Lita

by Colin Cheeselog » 13 Jan 2009 13:09

Setanta claims we've agreed a fee with Sheff Utd. So does their website.

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Foot ... nid-35214/
Last edited by Colin Cheeselog on 13 Jan 2009 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2009 13:10

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 13 Jan 2009 13:12

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 13 Jan 2009 13:14

Unable to agree figure with his agent.............. another Kris Boyd scenario?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2009 13:14

Warnock was saying this last night that they were about to sign him. The interview with Lita the other day would suggest that this is either straight out of the blue or that he has no interest in going there.

7 figure sum for someone out of contract is a great deal though, means we are at worst breaking even on the original transfer. As long as someone of equal or better quality is lined up to replace then no problems, although I would be dissapointed to see him go.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Jan 2009 13:17

A seven figure sum for a player out of contract in the summer is too good to refuse. It's now down to Leroy and to Sheffield United to make him an offer that is too good to turn down. He said to Roeder he was going nowhere in January and he has said to us that he wants to stay for the remainder of the season, but money talks.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2009 13:19

Wycombe Royal A seven figure sum for a player out of contract in the summer is too good to refuse. It's now down to Leroy and to Sheffield United to make him an offer that is too good to turn down. He said to Roeder he was going nowhere in January and he has said to us that he wants to stay for the remainder of the season, but money talks.

Did the article say they've spoke to Leroy but theyhaven't agreed anything? If that's the case then it may mean that he personally doesn't want to go there. I only skimmed the article i must say!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Jan 2009 13:20

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal A seven figure sum for a player out of contract in the summer is too good to refuse. It's now down to Leroy and to Sheffield United to make him an offer that is too good to turn down. He said to Roeder he was going nowhere in January and he has said to us that he wants to stay for the remainder of the season, but money talks.

Did the article say they've spoke to Leroy but theyhaven't agreed anything? If that's the case then it may mean that he personally doesn't want to go there. I only skimmed the article i must say!

On the official Blades site it says they have been unable to reach an agreement with Lita's agent.

http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~1518400,00.html

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 13 Jan 2009 13:21

Alan Partridge

It could be that he doesn;t want to go there for the sums they are prepared to pay. They would have to offer him a huge salary increase to make it worth his while forsaking a possible signing on fee in the summer. He'll also be factoring in promotion bonuses etc....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Leroy signs!!

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2009 13:21

M U R T Y As his contract ends this season, then £300-500k would be the going rate and hard for us to turn down, considering we dont want him and able to leave for free in the summer...

Who doesn't want him (other than some of the HNA community)?

A potential loss of £300-500k in transfer fees is nothing compared to the value of an in-form and positive Lita coming off the bench and snapping at Doyle's /N Hunt's heels for a starting place.-

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2009 13:22

Hmm they will have to come up with a better deal then. Remember when he signed that his agent did literally all the work so they must be offering much less than he's on here.

MAybe Lita would prefer to just stay here though? Or am I believing too much what i read from footballers?!!

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 13 Jan 2009 13:22

Well, I see the Blades as promotion rivals, so I'm ever so slightly irked by this. But I'm sure I'll get over it if it happens.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Jan 2009 13:25

Personally if Lita goes I'd like us to go and tempt Birmingham with a 7 figure offer for Cameron Jerome.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 13 Jan 2009 13:26

Alan Partridge As long as someone of equal or better quality is lined up to replace then no problems

Absolutely, and that's why I'm undecided as to how good this deal is.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2009 13:27

Wycombe Royal Personally if Lita goes I'd like us to go and tempt Birmingham with a 7 figure offer for Cameron Jerome.

£10000.99?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 13 Jan 2009 13:28

From what Lita said the other day, he has no intention to move on, but no intention to sign a new contract unless we get back into the premiership.

In the summer he can hold for higher wages and a bigger signing on fee due to the fact that there will be no transfer fee. However, I cannot deny, that a seven figure bid to break or even make a profit on a player who has only 6 months left on his contract is a phenominal bit of business from the club!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2009 13:30

If the Sheff Utd talk is true and the deal goes through, then I really hope Coppell already has the ink drying on the signature of a very good striker.

The prospect of Shane Long being our only back up for Kevin Doyle and Noel Hunt really does fill me with fear as regards our promotion aspirations.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2009 13:31

Wycombe Royal Personally if Lita goes I'd like us to go and tempt Birmingham with a 7 figure offer for Cameron Jerome.

Would you not say they are similar ish types of players (altho Jerome is significantly taller) both have a fairly good CCC record but are prone to the odd horror miss here and there. Only IMO but not sure Jerome would be a particularly ideal replacement for Lita.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Jan 2009 13:33

Not surprised if he does go, if an offer has been accepted by the club, then its down to the player to agree to the contract offered and medical etc.
Loaning him out did have its benefits, it did prove that he's a decent goalscorer at this level and should he go, we would get a lot more money for him at this late stage of his contract with us than we would if he festered in the reserves.

It sometimes happens in football, good move for him, the club and we'll all wish each other the best.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 13 Jan 2009 13:33

If Lita stays and sees out his contract he can then move somewhere for free in the summer and reap the benefits of a huge signing on fee, as there will be no transfer fee required to be paid...

This would be my thinking behind the whole 'Lita - I love this club' statement, he keeps his mouth quiet and performs well for us in the last quarter of the season, scoring some goals etc...then we release him and he moves and he is ££££s in...he stays and gets offered a new deal and is in the prem next season...on paper this would seem to be win win for leroy...

Personally, an in-form Lita for the last lot of games can only be good for Reading aswell, as he is the most natural goalscorer of the forwards we have and does offfer something different to what we have...

323 posts