Was this the best game ever?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

Re: Was this the best game ever?

by papereyes » 11 Feb 2009 16:50

Archie's penalty
That season was just amazing. Do you have the season video on tape? I think someone needs to get it up on youtube.

Can anyone do this? Would be most appreciated.

Yup, that and the full footage of the final.

I think I've also got 93/94 on tape as well.

I was going to buy a tape --> digital converter. Will give you a bell when I do.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Feb 2009 19:04

Focher in all seriousness the 4-3 at home to Plymouth in the 80's was by far the best game, especially seeing as we were 0-3 down.

Absolutely - especially since I know at least three people that left at 0-3. I remind them EVERY time I see them.

The 3-3 draw At Sheff Utd later that same season was pretty good too. We were 3-0 down again.

Thowse wert days !!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Feb 2009 19:08

Magicman
cmonurz Reading 4-3 Oxford, absolutely drenched, sitting, and mostly standing, in row B in the East Stand, the game turned around by Rougier's best performance for us.

The best game ever, didnt we go top as well!

Somehow I remember watching Soccer Saturday. They put up thatAdie Viveash had scored for Reading - I celebrated as normal, only for a few minutes later for them to tell us it was an own goal !!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Feb 2009 21:13

papereyes
Archie's penalty
ankeny Reading v Bolton on a Elm Park friday night in 1996 ( I think) 2-1

That was 95. I wasn't there but followed it closely on the radio as is the want of a fervent 14 year old.

I was there. One of the best atmospheres at a game I've experienced.

Tilehurst End went radio rental when Nogs slotted home the winner. Bolton were good!

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 12 Feb 2009 21:32

Franchise FC
Focher in all seriousness the 4-3 at home to Plymouth in the 80's was by far the best game, especially seeing as we were 0-3 down.

Absolutely - especially since I know at least three people that left at 0-3. I remind them EVERY time I see them.

The 3-3 draw At Sheff Utd later that same season was pretty good too. We were 3-0 down again.

Thowse wert days !!

3-3 against the Blunts was the following season.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 13 Feb 2009 09:26

Franchise FC
Magicman
cmonurz Reading 4-3 Oxford, absolutely drenched, sitting, and mostly standing, in row B in the East Stand, the game turned around by Rougier's best performance for us.

The best game ever, didnt we go top as well!

Somehow I remember watching Soccer Saturday. They put up thatAdie Viveash had scored for Reading - I celebrated as normal, only for a few minutes later for them to tell us it was an own goal !!

LOLZ - I did exactly the same thing! I was at my Mum's and she had just got Sky installed so I sat glued to the TV - punched the dog when Viveash scored.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Feb 2009 11:54

Royal Lady for me it has to be the 3-2 win over Boro, when we were 2-0 down. That was a fantastic fight back and made me think "ooh that boy's got nice legs but who are the men in the red shirts again?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Feb 2009 14:25

:lol: Idiot.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Feb 2009 14:46

The 'boro match, the Liverpool match, and the Derby match (I don't even need to refer to dates :) ) are all up there. As, obviously, is Palace in 05-06, the Wigan play off semi, and the 4-3 against Oxford.

However, my favourite RFC match was against Ipswich in 2005. They scored in the 90th minute. Game over, stadium empties. Then Ivar pops up, confirming Iceland's status as the best country in the world. :lol:

Just remember the Cardiff match on Boxing Day. Similar feeling there, but with the added bonus of stupid away fans and a goalkeeper scoring, confirming Italian-Australians as the greatest people on earth.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 15 Feb 2009 21:33

I think there is a certain amount of glee seeing half the crowd leave before a spectacular fight back/victory - especially with a large away support. For me the most exciting 20 mins I've ever seen was against Plymouth at Elm Park in the 4-3 victory.