Dave Kitson.......Regrets, I've had a few.....

Negative_Jeff

Re: Dave Kitson.......Regrets, I've had a few.....

by Negative_Jeff » 13 Mar 2009 14:00

Sun Tzu
Negative_Jeff Wrong thread this but we need a change and Kitson can help bring this about. Ipswich and Donny are must win games;

Hahnemann

Bikey Pearce Armstrong

Little Gunnarsson Matejovsky S Hunt

Kitson

Doyle Long

I hope neither Ipswich or Donny have any left sided attackers. We'd be destroyed ! The risk of essentially playing 3-2-5 seems massive and it's hard to see how such a system could be introduced at this stage of the season.

Not hard if you use your loaf. If we are defending and Gunnarsson gets called he drops into a back four and Bikey or Armstrong move outside. Doyle also drops and Kitson resumes his old role defending the near post at set pieces.
So its not 3-2-5 but it`s fluid and I reckon it will mess up the Ipswich 4-5-1. I know the Ipswich scout and I predict (not hard to do) that is the way they will play.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2009 14:04

He's burnt no bridges with anyone. Of course he rates himself highly. :roll:

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 13 Mar 2009 14:09

Negative_Jeff Not hard if you use your loaf. If we are defending and Gunnarsson gets called he drops into a back four and Bikey or Armstrong move outside. Doyle also drops and Kitson resumes his old role defending the near post at set pieces.
So its not 3-2-5 but it`s fluid and I reckon it will mess up the Ipswich 4-5-1. I know the Ipswich scout and I predict (not hard to do) that is the way they will play.

Too much Football Manager I think. You can bang on about your clever formations as much as you want, we all know Coppell likes his 4-4-2 so that is what we're likely to see tomorrow. Hopefully Good Ol' Kits can have some sort of impact in this game, like he has so many times in Reading's recent glorious past.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 13 Mar 2009 14:11

Hope he can regain the form the OS has him down for, apparently Kits once got 54 goals in 11 games - a ratio of almost 5 goals a game!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Mar 2009 14:13

Barry the bird boggler Hope he can regain the form the OS has him down for, apparently Kits once got 54 goals in 11 games - a ratio of almost 5 goals a game!

Really? If he did that over the course of the rest of the games, promotion beckons!!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 13 Mar 2009 14:23

Negative_Jeff
Not hard if you use your loaf. If we are defending and Gunnarsson gets called he drops into a back four and Bikey or Armstrong move outside. Doyle also drops and Kitson resumes his old role defending the near post at set pieces.

I'm utterly unconvinced that trying to implement a totally new system which involves multiple changes in responsibilities during the course of a game, with all the opportunity for miscommunication, mistakes and mistiming that presents, is a good idea. Throw into the mix 2 new players and I just see this as a chance to get ripped to shreds if the opposition use a formation they are familiar with. Why not keep it simpel and play a standard 4-4-2 as we are used to but detail either Doyle or Kitson to drop back into a more withdrawn role when we aren't in possession and pick up the spare man in midfield ?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Mar 2009 14:26

2.8 lita injection His PR man must be max clifford.

He could do with shutting his gob and showing the club that signed him for so much money a bit of respect.

Just do the talking on the pitch, Dave.

If his PR Man was Max Clifford, I very much doubt his interview would have been quite as frank. I also think he would have expressed a bit more concern and guilt that Stoke spent 5.5M on him and it didn't work out.

JIM

by JIM » 13 Mar 2009 15:15

OK. Dave stays .How much will it cost us to buy him at the end of season.
example. Royals promoted. Dave scores a ton.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 13 Mar 2009 15:27

JIM Dave scores a ton.

How much?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Mar 2009 16:10

100 goals. Kitson is going to score 100 goals.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 13 Mar 2009 16:56

Glad to have Kitson back. One worry though. Kitson drops deep and helps out midfield. Doyle works the flanks. Who's in the box? It was a constant issue last season.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 13 Mar 2009 17:09

rhroyal One worry though. Kitson drops deep and helps out midfield. Doyle works the flanks. Who's in the box?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 13 Mar 2009 17:41

Surprised to hear people talking about him being suited to 451 and being a target man.

He plays 2nd striker, I actually think if he played further up he would be a better player.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 13 Mar 2009 18:13

Looks like he's already doing his part to help us out by making sure Bikey gets picked instead of Doobs!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 13 Mar 2009 18:15

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Surprised to hear people talking about him being suited to 451 and being a target man.

He plays 2nd striker, I actually think if he played further up he would be a better player.

Absolutely right. One thing he is not is a target man, that was he mistake Stoke seemed to make when they bought him. He is a talented footballer who is fairly tall and plays up front, but a target man he isn't. If he was he would not cover half the amount of grass that he does in a game.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 13 Mar 2009 18:43

Rawlie19

Looks like he's already doing his part to help us out by making sure Bikey gets picked instead of Doobs!

Welcome back, Dave. :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Mar 2009 20:50

Yep

put the horse hair shirt away Dave

All appologies/explainations accepted!

Welcome back, and thanks for what's to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 13 Mar 2009 22:32

Rawlie19

Why is Eric the eel training with RFC? :shock:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Mar 2009 22:59

loyalroyal4life
Barry the bird boggler Hope he can regain the form the OS has him down for, apparently Kits once got 54 goals in 11 games - a ratio of almost 5 goals a game!

Really? If he did that over the course of the rest of the games, promotion beckons!!

Bad news, all 54 goals were in the 11th game,

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Mar 2009 00:22

He's a Sheringhamesque player, which should only help Marek bring more attacking threat through our centre. And he's tall so our wingers have something to aim for. The return of the three pronged threat is nigh!