How the current lot may develop under Rodgers

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: How the current lot may develop under Rodgers

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 10 Jun 2009 21:28

ScottishRoyal
Super Kevin Bremner! Kebe

Strengths: Quick, bags of skill, scores bags of goals in training, plenty of assists last season when hw got decent crosses off.
Weknesses: Hugely inconsistent, can look really awkward, misses sitters in games.

:lol:

Come on, you've got to expalin that one, the Stuart Gray trivk of kick and run is no skill.

The Team forum is mostly for people who watch football. I'm guessing you've not seen Kebe blazing any tricks unlike most people if they cared to admit it.

And the comparison with a paceless Stuart Gray, Reading full-back who never even got forward let alone tried the old kick and run comes from where exactly?

I know it'll sound smug Scottish but I gotta be honest and say on football matters, especially Reading, I'm right 99% of the time.

The 1% margin for error is reserved for drinking that piss they serve for Beer in the concourse.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 10 Jun 2009 22:07

Super Kevin Bremner!
ScottishRoyal

Strengths: Quick, bags of skill, scores bags of goals in training, plenty of assists last season when hw got decent crosses off.
Weknesses: Hugely inconsistent, can look really awkward, misses sitters in games.

Come on, you've got to expalin that one, the Stuart Gray trivk of kick and run is no skill.

The Team forum is mostly for people who watch football. I'm guessing you've not seen Kebe blazing any tricks unlike most people if they cared to admit it.

And the comparison with a paceless Stuart Gray, Reading full-back who never even got forward let alone tried the old kick and run comes from where exactly?

I know it'll sound smug Scottish but I gotta be honest and say on football matters, especially Reading, I'm right 99% of the time.

The 1% margin for error is reserved for drinking that piss they serve for Beer in the concourse.

Don't want to massage your ego but I agree with you on Kebe and the comparison with Stuart Gray is stupid. People kept asking why he was left in the team but which other player in the squad had the ability to launch a counter attack at such speed? On his day he can beat players for fun but like Bobby Convey he seems to suffer from a lack of confidence at time, something the fans don't help. I think it's make or break for Kebe next year and I for one hope his second season is as good as Bobby's because if it is we will have one hell of a player!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Jun 2009 22:16

Kebe's not in Convey's class.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jun 2009 22:22

Super Kevin Bremner!
ScottishRoyal

dunno about 99% right all the time. But you're 100% this time. He just needs a better brain and to be a bit more consistent.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 10 Jun 2009 23:54

Royalee Kebe's not in Convey's class.

05/06 Convey > 08/09 Kebe
08/09 Kebe > 04/05 Convey

If Kebe realises his potential then I think he could match Convey, but the big question is whether he ever will. I think next season will settle the Kebe question once and for all.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 11 Jun 2009 01:24

Here are six players that could help us to acheive the extra fifteen points or so we need next season, providing Rodgers is as good a coach as we are led to believe and he can improve them.

Rosenior and Armstrong; Difficult to argue about Armstrong as player of the season, therin lies a clue as to why we didn`t get promoted. Neither of these players has enough composure on the ball.

Harper and Kebe; Despite quick feet and mobility Harper actually slows us down when in possession.Too worried about the tackle when receiving the ball in tight situations, he is unable to quickly spot the next forward pass. Defenders don`t like Kebe`s pace, and ability to go past on either side and often retreat ten yards, Good positions often wasted with a poor end product.

Long and Nunt; I like these two players but..... You can teach even the best strikers new tricks as Bobby Robson demonstrated with Alan Shearer. Long`s first touch though is surely beyond redemption.
Nunt has a fair all round game and reminds me a bit of "theres only one" Lee Nogan, but he isn`t as good.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jun 2009 12:14

Negative_Jeff Here are six players that could help us to acheive the extra fifteen points or so we need next season, providing Rodgers is as good a coach as we are led to believe and he can improve them.

Rosenior and Armstrong; Difficult to argue about Armstrong as player of the season, therin lies a clue as to why we didn`t get promoted. Neither of these players has enough composure on the ball.

Harper and Kebe; Despite quick feet and mobility Harper actually slows us down when in possession.Too worried about the tackle when receiving the ball in tight situations, he is unable to quickly spot the next forward pass. Defenders don`t like Kebe`s pace, and ability to go past on either side and often retreat ten yards, Good positions often wasted with a poor end product.

Long and Nunt; I like these two players but..... You can teach even the best strikers new tricks as Bobby Robson demonstrated with Alan Shearer. Long`s first touch though is surely beyond redemption.
Nunt has a fair all round game and reminds me a bit of "theres only one" Lee Nogan, but he isn`t as good.

Out of curiosity did you attend any of the last 5 or 6 games? Long's first touch was miles better in the ones I was at and saw on TV. To the point where it pretty much wasn't an issue.

Norwich, B'ham and the Burnley games for the record.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 11 Jun 2009 12:41

LOL@NHunt not being as good as Lee Nogan.

rly?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 11 Jun 2009 12:52

Without a doubt, the most exciting thing about BR's appointment is his knowledge of our younger players; I can see James Henry having a breakthrough season in 2009/10 for us. If BR can develop these players from the raw talents that they are, we may surprise ourselves next season.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 11 Jun 2009 12:57

Ian Royal
Negative_Jeff Here are six players that could help us to acheive the extra fifteen points or so we need next season, providing Rodgers is as good a coach as we are led to believe and he can improve them.

Out of curiosity did you attend any of the last 5 or 6 games? Long's first touch was miles better in the ones I was at and saw on TV. To the point where it pretty much wasn't an issue.

Yes I was at all those games Ian but under the influence of a few pints. If Long has worked hard on the training ground and undergone a transformation I missed it and take it all back. He did play well in those games though chasing balls down the sides but he might struggle a bit if the new man wants more passes played into feet. I don`t know why but I just like him.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 11 Jun 2009 15:23

Do you think Dave Mooney will play more of a part next season?

If not... what was the point of bringing him here?!

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 11 Jun 2009 15:42

To loan him out.. Obviously.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 11 Jun 2009 16:52

Royalee Kebe's not in Convey's class.

Kebe's not in Derrick Christie or Martyn Britten's class.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Jun 2009 16:54

Royal_Belly Do you think Dave Mooney will play more of a part next season?

If not... what was the point of bringing him here?!

i thought it was obviously as a little helping hand to cash strapped cork city, and as thankyou for long and doyle

see alan bennett.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Jun 2009 16:56

Ian Royal

aghree totally with that, towards the end of the season he looked to have no problems with touch

which would tie in with being given a run in the side-which could mean his touch has always been good, just needed consistent game time to up his confidence enough so we saw it

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 13 Jun 2009 12:06

Henry, Church, Pearce, Davies, Sigurdsson, Kelly. I expect to see a heck of a lot more of these next season - especially as Doyle will most likely be off. Church clearly is highly rated:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... ampionship
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/ ... adventure/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 087355.stm

I do too.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 13 Jun 2009 12:10

SteveRoyal Henry, Church, Pearce, Davies, Sigurdsson, Kelly. I expect to see a heck of a lot more of these next season - especially as Doyle will most likely be off. Church clearly is highly rated:

I do too.

Churchy!! i love him i do :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jun 2009 12:28

SteveRoyal Henry, Church, Pearce, Davies, Sigurdsson, Kelly. I expect to see a heck of a lot more of these next season - especially as Doyle will most likely be off. Church clearly is highly rated:

I do too.

Forgot Karacan. Good things have been said about Robson-Kanu as well.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 23 Oct 2009 13:03

Not great progress so far......

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 23 Oct 2009 13:10

Dirk Gently
bottom left hand corner
Super Kevin Bremner!
Tabb

Strengths: Tenacious, great little footballer, intelligent, hard as nails again.
Weeknesses: Not really sure if he can play as an out and out winger, or what his real position is.

Weaknesses:
Height maybe

But I can see where your coming from that Rodgers could get the best out of some of the players that are almost certainties to stay

He's the new Richie Bowman - I think now he's been tried out in central midfield he'll stay there for life.

Oh Dear.