New signings

1201 posts
Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

Re: New signings

by Gus the teenage cow » 27 Aug 2009 15:43

Thaumagurist*
Royal Lady Knee jerk signings - cheap transfer fee (not so sure about wages) and hoping to placate the fans after losing out on Smith. Well, I'm not placated. I'm totally and utterly fed up now. :cry:

Eh? How do you know that they weren't "plan B" signings rather than "knee-jerk" signings?

'greed with RL

spacey isn't plan by its very nature knee-jerk

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 27 Aug 2009 15:43

Not the two best players we've ever signed but certainly a damn site better than the current shower of shite we have playing up front or outwide.

McAnuff seems to have the quality but not always the application, BR apparently got the best out of him. Rasiak has done better than I realised in the last couple of seasons at this level.

Get these done today, couple more over the weekend. Then we can have a look at the loan market when that picks up in a few weeks....

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 27 Aug 2009 15:45

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Not the two best players we've ever signed but certainly a damn site better than the current shower of shite we have playing up front or outwide.

McAnuff seems to have the quality but not always the application, BR apparently got the best out of him. Rasiak has done better than I realised in the last couple of seasons at this level.

Get these done today, couple more over the weekend. Then we can have a look at the loan market when that picks up in a few weeks....

Yes, a damn sight better than....well, Long.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Aug 2009 15:45

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Not the two best players we've ever signed but certainly a damn site better than the current shower of shite we have playing up front or outwide.

blimey - you're optimistic. We'll possibly sign those two and then, that's it.

comeonthebiscuitmen

by comeonthebiscuitmen » 27 Aug 2009 15:45

I am happy with Rasiak - he will score goals for us - just wait and see. 8)

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Aug 2009 15:45

Gus the teenage cow
Alan Partridge
Ideal How the hell can we afford Rasiak if we only just had to sell off our best players due to their wages???

Who knows the ins and outs of it? Maybe he's taken a wage cut to come here, play a higher level and be with Rodgers? More likely is said players who have gone were unhappy and wanted to go, whereas Rasiak wants to be here. So the money issue wasn't really the problem?

Who knows.

Rasiak is 6'3 proven at this level, International forward, he's what we need. Experience, and a different option right through the middle. He is realistically in the position we're in as good as we could possibly get with less than a week to go to deadline day.

Rodgers got the best out of McAnuff, so i'llreserve judgement on him, but he strikes me as being that Sammy Igoe '1 in 6' kind of winger. He can't be any worse than Kebé.

rasiak frequently tops worst spurs player ever polls, google if you don't believe me, he is a big fat lumbering centre-forward in the jon parkin/gary doherty/darius henderson mould except with less pace than all three mentioned, if we are regarding him as some kind of saviour we are truly fcuked

two panic buys

We lack anyone in the squad over 6ft who can head a ball. His record in the Championship for Derby, Saints and Watford is outstanding in all honesty. He played about 5 games for Spurs, so that's a naff poll. Paul Brooker is thought of fonly at Brighton, he'd be in my top5 worst RFC players, means nothing. De La Cruz was slated by everyone, rarely had a bad game for us when needed.

30 years old, at a good age but not over the hill. We've got less than a week to do anything, and perhaps money is tight. Other clubs are not going to want to sell their best players and certainly not to us so our market is reduced further. Rasiak has a proven record, hasn't cost the earth,so there may still be some lee-way to buy someone else if needed.

I'm less enthusiastic about McAnuff,who since bursting on the scene with Wimbledon has flattered to decieve at 3 clubs since.

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 27 Aug 2009 15:45

Row Z Royal
It Is What It Is We asked for championship experience, we've been given championship experience. Be happy... :mrgreen: WOOOOOOOOO STRAIGHT A'S IN GCSE's TODAY!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Even in English?

Yes, a bottle of champers' down and i really cant be asked to spell properly. :wink:

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 27 Aug 2009 15:46

It Is What It Is
Row Z Royal
It Is What It Is We asked for championship experience, we've been given championship experience. Be happy... :mrgreen: WOOOOOOOOO STRAIGHT A'S IN GCSE's TODAY!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Even in English?

Yes, a bottle of champers' down and i really cant be asked to spell properly. :wink:

You're not old enough to drink! :shock:

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 27 Aug 2009 15:48

Royal_Belly Lets hope we learn from our mistakes and sign the players as soon as they have passed their medical rather then let them go wondering off for a day or so to Portsmouth!

nah the only likeley contenders for the signing of these 2 are cowdenbeath and barry town, they're offering better wages and have outbid us but their doctors are out for the day so if we get the signatures down we're sorted, apparently hammond is waiting anxiously on an order of bics, tense times

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Aug 2009 15:48

In a word - underwhelmed!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 27 Aug 2009 15:50

Thaumagurist*
It Is What It Is
Row Z Royal
Even in English?

You're not old enough to drink! :shock:

Pardon my pedanticism, but surely everyone is old enough to drink; he's just not old enough to buy it.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 15:51

Gus the teenage cow
Royal Rother In his last 154 games Kevin Doyle has scored 55 goals.

In his last 155 games, Gregorsz Rasiak has scored, guess what, 55 goals.

In International appearances, Doyle has scored 6 from 26 games, and Rasiak has scored 8 from 37.

------------------------------------------------------

In 156 games for Reading Stephen Hunt scored 17 goals.

In his last 157 games Jobi McAnuff has scored, guess what, 17 goals.

------------------------------------------------------

Seems like some like for like replacements. But no, brainless Gus sees them as utterly, utterly shite. Baaaah!

lol@the spin coming from royal rother, nice stats but they fail to take into account the fact that a large proportion of goals from hunt and doyle came in the top-flight AND RASIAK AND MCANUFF STATS ARE ALL FROM LOWER LEVEL, ALSO TO SAY SIGNINGS ARE LIKE FOR LIKE JUST BY COMPARING GOALS TO GAMES RATIO IS ABSOLUTELY DUMB

anyway at best they are both average championship players, if that's what we are aiming for, then fine i'm delighted!!

i am not fishing here at all, i honestly expected a better quality of signing after the smith debacle

In the Championship last season Doyle scored 18 from 39 games in a team at the top of the table for much of the season, Rasiak 8 from 21 games for a team at the wrong end of the table.

It might seem a bit bizarre to you, but in order to succeed in the Championship you actually need Championship players. If we'd had more Championship players rather than (in their own minds) PL players we might well have got that extra win we needed for auto-promo last season.

As generally acknowledged by Watford supporters, both Rasiak and McAnuff improved significantly under Rodgers.

Good signings. Just what we need in both areas.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 15:54

Surprised by this reaction.

I think Rasiak is exactly the sort of striker we need to bring in. McAnuff is a poor subsitute for Smith, but is still an experienced player that Rodgers has worked well with before.

If this goes ahead I'm happy and will feel a whole lot more positive.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 15:55

Ian Royal Surprised by this reaction.

That's a lie isn't it?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 27 Aug 2009 15:56

Royal Lady

blimey - you're optimistic. We'll possibly sign those two and then, that's it.

Being optimistic is all that I can do. Without it I'd have gone mad watching our average youngsters getting pasted week in week out.

royalrumble
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by royalrumble » 27 Aug 2009 15:56

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2056336_breaking_news_reading_fc_to_sign_grzegorz_rasiak_and_jobi_mcanuff

Expect the Reading website to update soon then
or not if some one comes in for them before they sign

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Aug 2009 15:59

howser Well these two signings certainly show the ambition of the club !!

yeah ambition for championship survival when you have clubs like QPR signing jay simpson on loan

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 16:00

I like this comment about our Jobi...

He earned one cap for Jamaica, but has now retired from international football

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Aug 2009 16:01

I really hope this is not the end of the signings and we actually get some more firepower in!!

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 27 Aug 2009 16:02

i hope rasiak and mcanuff play consistently well over the season and drive Reading on a promotion charge making my predictions about how limited both players are look ridiculous

1201 posts