Hob Nob Addict

Re: Who Was At The Game Last Night?

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 22:29

How is he talking shite?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:30

Royalee No, all that confirms is that you yourself can't even decide what you're on about having been 'encouraged' but at the same time convinced that 'Rodgers is a*sing up' and implying you want Coppell back. Which is it to be Ian? Do you want me to write all your opinions down for you so you can stick to them instead of trying to have it both ways?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE3zp06ZsZA

As I said, one flippant comment is all you've found.

There is certainly a fair amount to criticise and be frustrated about. Afterall this fantastic revolution from a manager you think can do no wrong has achieved 6 points and one win in seven league games.

But there is also plenty to be positive about and reason to remain patient. My tune has not changed bar the odd explosion of frustration and a dislike of the man, not the management.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 17 Sep 2009 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2009 22:32

Royalee How is he talking shite?

I cannot quantify my statement. I just have a feeling he is speaking bull.

If that bull drives us to the playoffs then am happy to accept the rather wretched pong.

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 17 Sep 2009 22:32

Royalee No, all that confirms is that you yourself can't even decide what you're on about having been 'encouraged' but at the same time convinced that 'Rodgers is a*sing up' and implying you want Coppell back. Which is it to be Ian? Do you want me to write all your opinions down for you so you can stick to them instead of trying to have it both ways?

Ian Royals opinion doesnt count, he hasnt even played football mate.

Royalee talks sense. He accurately predicted Coppell would get us relegated, he also accurately predicted that Coppell wouldnt get us promoted back to the Prem.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:35

roberto_11

Royalee talks sense. He accurately predicted Coppell would get us relegated, he also accurately predicted that Coppell wouldnt get us promoted back to the Prem.

He also predicted Derby would win the league last season.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2009 22:36

roberto_11

Rodgers has hardly played football tbh and neither did Mourinho. It doesn't mean people can't have opinions and sometimes bloody intelligent ones about the game. HTH.

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 17 Sep 2009 22:37

Archie's penalty Rodgers has hardly played football tbh and neither did Mourinho. It doesn't mean people can't have opinions and sometimes bloody intelligent ones about the game. HTH.

It has helped. Thanks

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 22:38

That I did, but I don't support Derby and thus wouldn't have known how their signings were going to fit in as well as I knew our squad. I did however accurately predict the likes of Swansea to have a good season, Wolves and Birmingham to do well and so on. I can't get them all right, but I get a damn sight more than some of you lot, particularly when it comes to RFC. I can also admit when I am wrong, which I have done with Derby - funny how you still can't.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 22:39

Rodgers and Mourinho both played at professional clubs so to say they 'haven't played football' is pretty hilarious!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2009 22:40

Royalee That I did, but I don't support Derby and thus wouldn't have known how their signings were going to fit in as well as I knew our squad. I did however accurately predict the likes of Swansea to have a good season, Wolves and Birmingham to do well and so on. I can't get them all right, but I get a damn sight more than some of you lot, particularly when it comes to RFC. I can also admit when I am wrong, which I have done with Derby - funny how you still can't.

Sorry but what have we all been so wrong about? (Can't believe I'm even debating with you to be honest).

Maybe the better question is - what have you been so right about?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:40

Royalee That I did, but I don't support Derby and thus wouldn't have known how their signings were going to fit in as well as I knew our squad. I did however accurately predict the likes of Swansea to have a good season, Wolves and Birmingham to do well and so on. I can't get them all right, but I get a damn sight more than some of you lot, particularly when it comes to RFC. I can also admit when I am wrong, which I have done with Derby - funny how you still can't.

Well I had us 4th and failing in the play offs last season... can't get much closer than that. But then I'm the one that apparently doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2009 22:41

Royalee Rodgers and Mourinho both played at professional clubs so to say they 'haven't played football' is pretty hilarious!

Yes of course they played. But they weren't much good. And people in the past have said - how can people coach if they haven't any football experience?

Knowledge can be gained from looking at things you know!

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 17 Sep 2009 22:42

Ian Royal

Well I had us 4th and failing in the play offs last season... can't get much closer than that. But then I'm the one that apparently doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Thats like me saying I accurately predicted Readings final league position, number of points and goal difference the last 10 seasons. Nobody can prove me wrong either

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:43

Royalee Rodgers and Mourinho both played at professional clubs so to say they 'haven't played football' is pretty hilarious!

Didn't Rodgers come here at 16 and never play a competitive game for us?

Not that it has anything to do with it.

You don't see Paul Gascoigne as a pundit or successful manager and he played at the highest level.

Analytical Intelligence and knowledge is the key. You don't need to have played to have a worthwhile opinion.

Have you played at any proper competitive level Royalee? Or are you not allowed an opinion either according to some?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:43

roberto_11
Ian Royal

Thats like me saying I accurately predicted Readings final league position, number of points and goal difference the last 10 seasons. Nobody can prove me wrong either

Pull out the right thread and you'll find it on here chump.

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 17 Sep 2009 22:44

Archie's penalty

Yes of course they played. But they weren't much good. And people in the past have said - how can people coach if they haven't any football experience?

Knowledge can be gained from looking at things you know!

The point was that they had actually played football. The fact that they were even at a professional club suggests they were better than you and I.

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 17 Sep 2009 22:45

Ian Royal

You don't see Paul Gascoigne as a pundit or successful manager and he played at the highest level.

Analytical Intelligence and knowledge is the key. You don't need to have played to have a worthwhile opinion.

Have you played at any proper competitive level Royalee? Or are you not allowed an opinion either according to some?

Royalee was a class keeper in his day

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 17 Sep 2009 22:46

Me.

I thought Raziak was shite, Cummings was woeful, and Kebe was a electrifying monster of mad right wing footballing skillz.

The result apart, I found the match hugely enjoyable and encouraging, and I was disappointed to find that this was not an opinion held by many of our hugely respected nobbers. And Tamworth Royal.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 22:53

roberto_11
Ian Royal

Royalee was a class keeper in his day

You two know each? Why am I not surprised! You have the same ability to stare being completely wrong in the face and still argue that the sky is purple.

:lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 22:54

Ian Royal

I've played at a higher level than most on here I expect - I'm by no means the next Casillas but I've done a bit better than 'playing 2 games for my school team'. In all honesty though it's a mixture of the two - you need to have played the game to a decent ish level and also to have an understanding of the game, watch a lot of football (not just your own team) and be able to see the bigger picture. Many on here can't and are very reactionary.