40%
No
60%

Total votes: 158
Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Post QPR: Should Rodgers remain?

by Big Ern » 21 Oct 2009 14:34

I voted "Yes" but with a heavy heart. He needs at least 20 games before we can really decide if it is him who is truely crap, or whether he accepted a poison challice. I remember Pardew´s first 20 odd games in charge they were not much better to be honest, and then suddenly things seemed to click. Lets hope the same happens for Rodgers.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Oct 2009 14:54

Wycombe Royal Rodgers has lost the support of the fans and it looks to me like he has lost the support of the dressing room as well.

Those two things are extremely difficult to fix and not many managers have done so. I really can't see any way back for Rodgers now and we need a manage who can put some belief back into the players and make a team out of this squad.

That's my fear, and it's not because I think Rodgers is a great manager, but the mentality of the players and the fans alike.

Agree with Compo on the signings too. I was critical of a lot of Coppell's transfers, but Rodgers has gaffed in bringing in the likes of Howard and Rasiak, not to mention leaving himself with Cummings as the only fit right back.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2009 18:13

Royal_Belly
Ian Royal
Royal_Belly
Considerable success that was achieved over a long period of time....!!! BR has had 4 months in charge and you expect him to pick up where SC left - when virtually the whole of SC squad had been sold before he even arrived at the club!!

NO NO NO. Idiot.

Rodgers is expected to consolidate in lower mid-table. THAT IS PERFECTLY ACHIEVEABLE!!!

He is completely failing in every possible way to manage the team.

Watch who you call an idiot mate!!! No way to speak to a lady!

The chairman is failing BR and the fans!! £3m to spend on a building a new team...Ridiculous!!

I don't know what you are all crying about... last season you were all up for having a shake up in the club and we all knew SJM wasn't going to invest - so please don't tell me you were expecting mid table it was never going to happen!

I was actually being considerably restrained because I know you're a pretty young woman.

He hasn't built an entire team and he didn't need to. He needed to bring in a quality striker who can score goals, a quality centreback, a quality winger, a quality midfielder and a quality left back. There were a few other positions that would have been nice to strengthern in, but bringing in too many palyers is never a good idea.

By the way, that's two fewer than he actually signed. I think he managed the winger, centreback and full back.

We're pissed off because the man doing the necessary shake up is still randomly shaking a quarter of the way into the season and still has no idea what he's doing.

And for the other person who quoted me, Rodgers task is to get us challenging for promotion within three years, preferably successfully. A reasonable request. He appears to have missed the bit about it being promotion to the Premier League and is going to try and achieve his goals by getting us relegated so he can try for promotion to the Championship because it's easier.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Oct 2009 20:45

What is going on at our club? Every day a player is trotted out to talk the party line. Do the club really believe that we fall for this? I accept that we now live in an age where soundbite is king but some of the propagamda spouted is just plain laughable.

Big Watch Man's ramblings get more and more bizarre. I am struggling to get any enthusiasm for what is going on.

Sure I will be there next Monday but I am tempted to up and leave about 5 minutes into the second half. Pointless leaving at half time as it would go unnoticed.

SJM needs to either publicly endorse his Manager or get rid.
If Big Watch Man stays, he must get some more experince to support and assist him. But, if he has lost the players then nothing will change until he goes. Would Murts have tolerated this or would he have gone to the Chairman? I wonder...

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 21 Oct 2009 21:33

Frankly I'm amazed that it's only two-thirds in favour of Rodgers going. I imagined it to be about 95% after last night. On that basis I'm glad I ran the poll as I honestly had no idea so many don't want him to go (yet). It'll be interesting over the next few days to see if it changes significantly. I suppose that can only happen based on public utterances over the next few days.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Oct 2009 22:04

Ian Royal He hasn't built an entire team and he didn't need to. He needed to bring in a quality striker who can score goals, a quality centreback, a quality winger, a quality midfielder and a quality left back

Is that all?! We could sign the moon on a stick to play in goal aswell.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Oct 2009 22:07

Maguire
Ian Royal He hasn't built an entire team and he didn't need to. He needed to bring in a quality striker who can score goals, a quality centreback, a quality winger, a quality midfielder and a quality left back

I thought that we had

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Oct 2009 22:14

Big Ern I voted "Yes" but with a heavy heart. He needs at least 20 games before we can really decide if it is him who is truely crap, or whether he accepted a poison challice. I remember Pardew´s first 20 odd games in charge they were not much better to be honest, and then suddenly things seemed to click. Lets hope the same happens for Rodgers.

Same here. The more I look at it I think he's actually in an impossible position and not entirely of his own making. I think he really needs some guidance - he's clearly struggling with the dreadful situation the clubs in - and his management team (and his players) appear to be doing f*ck all.

I sincerely hope he can turn it around.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2009 22:47

Maguire

Assuming you go with the full back, centreback and winger being achieved that leaves £1.1m + loan money to get a striker and midfielder. Not an unreasonable ask really is it given we've only ever paid £1m for a striker once and done pretty well. The midfielder isn't even that important really.

And of course there's always the £1.8m the club were supposed to have available for Smith which apparently wasn't used for Rasiak & McAnuff, so lets assume it was used for Cummings & Howard and call it £1m left.

That's over £2m available for a decent striker.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 21 Oct 2009 22:50

Watford have lost Smith, Priskin, WIlliamson and Rasiak since Rodgers left

But they have got in a better manager

Royal1983

by Royal1983 » 21 Oct 2009 22:59

At the end of the day it is not good seeing what is happening to the club but why can people not see that he has no choice in what he can do at the moment? A new manager would not be able to solve anything until the new transfer window anyway and if Madejski and Hammond don't put cash forward then the team will be the same. The person who should go is Hammond for selling players before Brendan arrived as he is the person who left the team in a mess!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2009 22:59

The whole year inn Watford have lost Smith, Priskin, WIlliamson and Rasiak since Rodgers left

But they have got in a better manager

And McAnuff

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2009 23:03

Royal1983 At the end of the day it is not good seeing what is happening to the club but why can people not see that he has no choice in what he can do at the moment? A new manager would not be able to solve anything until the new transfer window anyway and if Madejski and Hammond don't put cash forward then the team will be the same. The person who should go is Hammond for selling players before Brendan arrived as he is the person who left the team in a mess!

We sold Doyle before Rodgers arrived iirc. Only 1 player.

It's no bloody good waiting for the transfer window to get in a new manager. He needs to come in before that to assess the squad and start initiating changes in readiness for new players.

Do you not think tactical ineptitude, frequent formation changes and a completely unsettled starting 11 might have something to do with our problems? Just a thought.

Royal1983

by Royal1983 » 21 Oct 2009 23:11

Ian Royal
Royal1983 At the end of the day it is not good seeing what is happening to the club but why can people not see that he has no choice in what he can do at the moment? A new manager would not be able to solve anything until the new transfer window anyway and if Madejski and Hammond don't put cash forward then the team will be the same. The person who should go is Hammond for selling players before Brendan arrived as he is the person who left the team in a mess!

We sold Doyle before Rodgers arrived iirc. Only 1 player.

It's no bloody good waiting for the transfer window to get in a new manager. He needs to come in before that to assess the squad and start initiating changes in readiness for new players.

Do you not think tactical ineptitude, frequent formation changes and a completely unsettled starting 11 might have something to do with our problems? Just a thought.

I was also refering to the one's that were gone through the contracts as well for example Murts, Lita, Marcus. He may have wanted to keep them for all any of us know for experience but was not given the chance. Hammond was the person who was in charge before Brendan took over. I never said get a new manager in the transfer window I said that a new manager would not be able to solve anything until the transfer window opened to buy new players hence the team would still be the same. I agree changing the team is not good but until he knows the correct combination what else do people expect him to do. A lot of people thought he would have a magic wand and get us straight back in to prem, now I may only be a 25 year old female but at least I know that this was never going to happen this season after we were left with the youth and hardly any experienced players. It is a shite job that Brendan or any other manager would have with the team as it is. He needs backing and money to be able to get experienced players that know what they are doing and don't think when they are winning that this will be the end result.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2009 23:18

Murty - passed it and injured
Lita - massive disruptive influence woeful for two years and hardly setting the world alight at M'boro. Oh and refused several contract
Hahnmann - bench warming in the prem - not really worth the wages
Duberry - Wycombe, says it all.

Massive loss that lot. :roll:

Obviously you missed the bit about a new manager initiating changes, like in training, tactics and team selection which would certainly improve things.

Please stop with the bullshit claims that people thought this season would be about promotion. ALMOST EVERYONE has been saying it would be about re-building and consolidation in mid - lower mid-table.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 21 Oct 2009 23:21, edited 2 times in total.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Oct 2009 23:19

We miss Doyle far more than anyone.

Royal1983

by Royal1983 » 21 Oct 2009 23:31

Ian Royal Murty - passed it and injured
Lita - massive disruptive influence woeful for two years and hardly setting the world alight at M'boro. Oh and refused several contract

Obviously you missed the bit about a new manager initiating changes, like in training, tactics and team selection which would certainly improve things.

Please stop with the bullshit claims that people thought this season would be about promotion. ALMOST EVERYONE has been saying it would be about re-building and consolidation in mid - lower mid-table.

Then why are people asking for refunds on their season tickets if they were not expecting promotion or to have stayed in the prem? They weren't brilliant I admit but they were still older/experienced players who could have helped with the youth till December rather than getting rid and dropping the youngsters in the deep end and praying that it went well. Realistically mid-lower table is not looking likely, relegation however is more possible. Something that will not change is that I will support the team and whoever the manager is (as part of the team) no matter what - this was how I was brought up if I wanted to watch/play football. It is heartbreaking seeing the team that I love and support not doing as well as they could but such is football and as a supporter there is nothing that I can do to change this.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2009 23:40

Royal1983
Ian Royal Murty - passed it and injured

Then why are people asking for refunds on their season tickets if they were not expecting promotion or to have stayed in the prem? They weren't brilliant I admit but they were still older/experienced players who could have helped with the youth till December rather than getting rid and dropping the youngsters in the deep end and praying that it went well. Realistically mid-lower table is not looking likely, relegation however is more possible. Something that will not change is that I will support the team and whoever the manager is (as part of the team) no matter what - this was how I was brought up if I wanted to watch/play football. It is heartbreaking seeing the team that I love and support not doing as well as they could but such is football and as a supporter there is nothing that I can do to change this.

People are talking about refunds because we've gone from comfortable Premier League to relegation to league 1 probables in 2 and a half years and are a total shambles right now when we should be merely frustrating and inconsistent.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 21 Oct 2009 23:49

A poll, like it ..........................matters.

Oh dear.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 22 Oct 2009 08:32

Ian Royal
Maguire

Assuming you go with the full back, centreback and winger being achieved that leaves £1.1m + loan money to get a striker and midfielder. Not an unreasonable ask really is it given we've only ever paid £1m for a striker once and done pretty well. The midfielder isn't even that important really.

And of course there's always the £1.8m the club were supposed to have available for Smith which apparently wasn't used for Rasiak & McAnuff, so lets assume it was used for Cummings & Howard and call it £1m left.

That's over £2m available for a decent striker.

wut?