Matejovsky

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Matejovsky

by rg6royal » 18 Nov 2009 11:14

brendywendy i just think hes a very up and down player- some games awesome, some games poor- hopefully that will improve with games, and as his understanding with the players around him increases, but in essence i think thats "just how he is"

He's a top player, but half the time I think it's because the other players can't read where he is going to pay the pass, thus many of his passes go astray.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 18 Nov 2009 11:20

rg6royal
brendywendy i just think hes a very up and down player- some games awesome, some games poor- hopefully that will improve with games, and as his understanding with the players around him increases, but in essence i think thats "just how he is"

He's a top player, but half the time I think it's because the other players can't read where he is going to pay the pass, thus many of his passes go astray.

That's bs.

Sorry you always here that and it is just not true.

Good players find their passes.

Marek's no different not different now to when we had better players.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 18 Nov 2009 11:46

rg6royal

This is where Howard comes in - I remain unconvinced by him, but he does seem to be on Marek's wavelength. The only question, therefore, is why was Marek so poor against Ipswich? Let's hope that was a one-off.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Nov 2009 12:03

rg6royal

He should adapt his game a bit then..............

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 18 Nov 2009 14:46

Ian Royal
Ryn I often think that if the rest of the team had a bit more movement about them, less of Marek's passes would go astray.

Fewer and it wouldn't cut out the irritating ones where the pass is easy and he just punts it out of play or straight at an opposition player.

having his boots on the right feet might help too :lol:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Nov 2009 10:51

SKDD is spot on, if you're that good a player you adapt to those around you. Most of the times he gives the ball away it's not because he's played it into a space that his team mate has run to, it's because he's been sloppy and passed it straight at the opposition.

As for needing a better understanding with the players, he's been here long enough to have that, even with the newer players.

He's just sloppy at times, and that's why he plays for us and not a better side somewhere above the Championship.