Stoke fan here fellas

144 posts
Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stoke fan here fellas

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Nov 2009 12:14

Did you know, Port Vale fans call them "Joke City".

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 03 Nov 2009 12:27

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Nov 2009 12:49

Reading v Stoke at Elm Park was my first Reading game. Was hooked from then on.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 03 Nov 2009 12:56

Stoke will be in even bigger trouble than us, when they too get relegated. You are paying bigger wages than we were, and you'll have to act fast when you do eventrully drop down the divisions.

I actually quite like Stoke as a football club. Like Reading, you're the small Premiership club proving everyone wrong. It's good for football.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Nov 2009 13:09

LOL whenever I hear Stoke I get the giggles as all I can remember is playing them at Elm Park when we spent the whole game chanting abuse at this fat northen lass who was wearing white for some reason... and then her fat northern husband took his top off and went mental so we got even nastier to them both.

"whos the slapper in the white?!"

one of the funniest crowd/games ever

even some of their own fans joined in with the taking the piss IIRC

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Nov 2009 13:15

Deathy
Thaumagurist* Did you know, Port Vale fans call them "Joke City".

Did you know you're a kunt?
And you complain about people belittling you. :roll:

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 03 Nov 2009 13:20

westongeezer Stoke........you only survived the first season my moving your advertising hoardings back another 10 feet for Delap. And your only where you are at the moment because the prem lacks any qualitiy this season just look at the goals to date, i bet your frankly feeling pretty safe with Hull, pompy and the Hammers below you, lets face it i cant remember the prem so pants in the last 4 years.

It was just as bad when we went down, but Stoke don't have Coppell in charge.

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 03 Nov 2009 13:24

I'd like to thank all Stoke fans and Stoke City FC for realising £5.5m for Dave kitson.

What a bargain.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Nov 2009 13:26

TBF Stoke fans do seem to like us, when we got promoted there was a massive congrats thread on OAE just from Stoke fans.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Nov 2009 13:31

FiNeRaIn
floyd__streete http://www.royals.org/matdoc/091099.html

Thought I'd seen at least one game in front of a miniscule crowd at your wind-tunnel of a ground, this is the one. 9,621.....and you got to the play-offs that season too. Awesome support. You know Reading are struggling when our peers are sniffing around Hob Nob sneering :roll:

LOL Rangers took more than that away earlier in the season :lol: :lol:

Massive support stoke. :lol:

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/100399.html

They were near the top of the table at that time too.

AmazingMan

by AmazingMan » 03 Nov 2009 13:35

Guys,

I realise that you are feeling the stench of lower league football pervade your shiny new stadium once again but guess what - you don't have a divine right to top-flight football. Let's face it, you've only ever been in the top tier for 2 years so don't be getting any aspirations about being a big club despite what fancy your art boffin celia-black dating tory weasel chairman may feed to you. God, the guy is a joke up North, you'd think anyone would be so pompous as to name the stadium after themselves up here. Yet he is feted down your way. Can't say I'm surprised, anyone South of the Trent thinks success is based on a clipped accent and how expensive your cocktail is. You guys need to get over your class hang-ups and show a bit of grit.

What I would say however is that your demise may not be all bad. I too do sometimes yearn for the days of lower league football, easy access to tickets, away ends where you can act the maggot without being collared, lack of hangers-on and johnny come lately fans. In some ways I envy you. If, as reported, you guys are in serious financial bother and desperately pimping yourselves about for a buyer and if, most likely, you struggle to find one (you're not exactly a catch, Reading lacks prestige) then please know that as a fellow small-town club battling the big boys (with considerably more success) as you once did, that our solidarity is guaranteed. Indeed if such an arrangement such as you guys being a feeder club to ourselves, for example, might be arranged in future years so that your financial future be guaranteed and we may be able to cherrypick the few youngsters with enough Northern grit and soul to make the grade here then everyone's a winner. We may also farm out our reserves and youth players to you guys. This is the way football is going, the divide is growing and you guys chose exactly the wrong time to get off the gravy train. As a gesture of our goodwill and an acknowledgement that we never forget where we came from, the financial investment in your club, such that you be our feeder club may prevent you from going part-time or worse still, bust.
Long may the good relationship between our clubs continue, and if that may be in some kind of foster father mode then so be it. Never let it be said we are a club who doesn't care for the little man.
Last edited by AmazingMan on 03 Nov 2009 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Nov 2009 13:37

he's getting better

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Nov 2009 13:41

AmazingMan God, the guy is a joke up North, you'd think anyone would be so pompous as to name the stadium after themselves up here. Yet he is feted down your way. Can't say I'm surprised, anyone South of a Trent thinks success is based on a clipped accent and how expensive your cocktail is. You guys need to get over your class hang-ups and show a bit of grit.

Arf. South of a Trent? Which Trent? Council of? Terence Darby? Naming a stadium after yourself is fairly conceited, but as a name for a football ground it is still preferable to that of a faceless building society.

That said, after an unpromising start I am really beginning to like you. I must admit though that I can only name about 4 Stoke players because most of your team mould into one unseemly mess of angry red faces in TGI Friday outfits. Does Carl Beeston still play for you? Whatever happened to Wayne Biggins?
Last edited by floyd__streete on 03 Nov 2009 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 03 Nov 2009 13:42

AmazingMan what fancy your art boffin celia-black dating tory weasel chairman may feed to you. God, the guy is a joke up North

Isn't John Madejski from Stoke?

Sir John Robert Madejski OBE DL (born Robert John Hurst on 28 April 1941 in Stoke-on-Trent) :lol:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Nov 2009 13:47

I long for the days when the top division is full of poxy little clubs like Reading and Stoke and all the "greedies" find themselves out of business or struggling in lower leagues.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 03 Nov 2009 13:49

A fair effort from Amazing Man, who obviously has personality issues, but appears to be coping with them reasonably well. Still, if Stoke have free internet access in their day care centres, who are we to argue? I just hope that he will be able to cope with Stoke City's inevitable implosion.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Nov 2009 13:55

floyd__streete Does Carl Beeston still play for you? Whatever happened to Wayne Biggins?

Whatever happened to the real stoke heroes, people like kyLOLe LOLightBOURNE

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 03 Nov 2009 14:05

AmazingMan Best wishes and here's hoping you guys don't slide into administration and honestly you may think it's a permanent decline but believe it or not, we too were a shambles once. I really would ignore the doom-mongers, I can see you guys, at the very least maintaining your status as a football league club in the next few years. I hope you guys are not "doing a luton" - you deserve some kind of league club and a more vociferous support. Just maintain the belief that that can be achieved and you'll be ok.

:roll:

What a loser.

Depsite all our moaning about lack of spending/ambition when we were in the Prem it seems the possibility of Hull imploding upon relegation will serve to prove that the miserly ways of Madejski have been the best policy for the future of our club (if BR can keep us up this year which I still believe will be the case). Although the kids and new players haven't done well so far, the last 2 games have shown that we should have more than enough to be able to pull ourself up the table.

A team like Stoke should be almost as worried as Hull. A few games in to our second season and I thought we looked like we'd be fine. It only takes a few games for the whole situation to change in the Premiership, but their saving grace may be that it's looking like a few of the usual mid-table teams are going to have off years.

Out of Reading and Stoke, a sensible man would only bet for Stoke to 'do a Luton' in the near future. So enjoy it while it lasts.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 03 Nov 2009 14:07

AmazingMan If, as reported, you guys are in serious financial bother

If that is what your argument is based on, then you need to check your facts. We are assured that, as a result of all the recent penny pinching that has led to our temporary demise, our club's finances are perfectly healthy, in fact, boringly so!

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 03 Nov 2009 14:09

M Brook
AmazingMan If, as reported, you guys are in serious financial bother

If that is what your argument is based on, then you need to check your facts. We are assured that, as a result of all the recent penny pinching that has led to our temporary demise, our club's finances are perfectly healthy, in fact, boringly so!

Unlike Stokes when relegation comes calling. They'll need a bigger fire sale than ours.

144 posts