now i care

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: now i care

by brendywendy » 06 Nov 2009 16:46

Royal We
brendywendy i started off this season, not really recognising many of the players, not liking the formation, being unsure about the managers public statements/style, but over the last few weeks, weve changed to 4-4-2, had a settled side, and ive started to get a real feel for some fo the kids, karacan, pearce, sigurddson, davies, and more importantly ive started to feel that the manager really does know what hes doing rather than just hoping,
and i have started to really like the guy.
when we lose badly, and the crowd get on his back i feel quite defensive, and i ve started to really give a toss about it all.i may even sing brendan rodgers barmy army on saturday :o

have i been taken in by the club spin? is it because weve had a win in the first time in ages?
is it just because my default position is to back the club? has this little bit of adversity has just brought me closer to the team? is it because i dont really know what im on about?

I care that you care but I bet you don't care that I care that you care.

well thats where you are wrong

i do care that you care that i care, but do you care?

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal We » 06 Nov 2009 16:54

brendywendy
Royal We
brendywendy i started off this season, not really recognising many of the players, not liking the formation, being unsure about the managers public statements/style, but over the last few weeks, weve changed to 4-4-2, had a settled side, and ive started to get a real feel for some fo the kids, karacan, pearce, sigurddson, davies, and more importantly ive started to feel that the manager really does know what hes doing rather than just hoping,
and i have started to really like the guy.
when we lose badly, and the crowd get on his back i feel quite defensive, and i ve started to really give a toss about it all.i may even sing brendan rodgers barmy army on saturday :o

have i been taken in by the club spin? is it because weve had a win in the first time in ages?
is it just because my default position is to back the club? has this little bit of adversity has just brought me closer to the team? is it because i dont really know what im on about?

I care that you care but I bet you don't care that I care that you care.

well thats where you are wrong

i do care that you care that i care, but do you care?

I've thought about this carefully and, on balance, I don't think so. Thanks for asking, though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Nov 2009 17:21

strap
Ian Royal I want to like him because of his longstanding connections to the club and his obvious passion for us. But I can't because I think he's an arrogant prick with delusions of grandeur so far above his station it's laughable.

Just added the bit you missed out Ian.

I would be able to stomach the bullshit he comes out with just a bit more if he'd actually had a successful career. He hasn't , he's not even a has-been, he's a never was. So all this nonsensical bollocks about him being world class is just pathetic.

It wasn't his fault his playing career never got started becasue of injury, but before he spouts on how good his "world class model" is, he should actually have a track record that proves it. Then again, had he a track record, he wouldn't need to be so damn gobby!!

I hate this oxf*rd with a passion so irrational that it makes my dislike of TB1, TB2, the ImpOSTER and the non-footballing Malian plank seem like long-lost loves. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Don't try and tell me what I think, you cock.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 06 Nov 2009 17:29

Terminal Boardom But how fragile is this new found enthusiasm?

I know as well as anyone that a misplaced pass here, a woeful piece of control there and a comedy of errors leading to another goal conceded will lead to hostility at the drop of an overpriced hot dog.

The only way that the players and BR can actually win is by putting 3 or 4 goals a game past the oppo a few times in succession.

All that proved totally wrong by the Leicester game.

We lost, there was no negativity at all.

It surprised me - maybe our fans are maturing (except the HNA ones of course !)

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Nov 2009 14:19

Sun Tzu
Terminal Boardom But how fragile is this new found enthusiasm?

I know as well as anyone that a misplaced pass here, a woeful piece of control there and a comedy of errors leading to another goal conceded will lead to hostility at the drop of an overpriced hot dog.

The only way that the players and BR can actually win is by putting 3 or 4 goals a game past the oppo a few times in succession.

All that proved totally wrong by the Leicester game.

We lost, there was no negativity at all.

It surprised me - maybe our fans are maturing (except the HNA ones of course !)

What are you on about? I am referring to the fragile enthusiasm FOLLOWING the Leicester and Cov games. Now what are you trying to say?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Nov 2009 18:12

i still care- good to see the players do also-and came out with a barnstorming 2nd half for once- to make up for their gutless wobblings in the 1st.
are we turning a corner-who knows, but its certainly getting more interesting

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Nov 2009 00:17

brendywendy i still care- good to see the players do also-and came out with a barnstorming 2nd half for once- to make up for their gutless wobblings in the 1st.
are we turning a corner-who knows, but its certainly getting more interesting

I'm really not sure we're past the worse yet. I saw little yesterday to make me think we've improved by any great measure. Yes we had a few chances - we failed to score from all of the bar one - but we were playing the worst team in the league. Hate the formation- we end up with acres of space in front of our full backs when we're attacking. Ridiculous.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 09 Nov 2009 09:47

Terminal Boardom
What are you on about? I am referring to the fragile enthusiasm FOLLOWING the Leicester and Cov games. Now what are you trying to say?

Your claim was disproved by the very events you were referring to ! If all it takes for things to go wrong is a single set back then a defeat at home should be more than enough to get the fans on Rodgers back. It didn't happen.