Misty water coloured memories.........

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Misty water coloured memories.........

by Archie's penalty » 15 Dec 2009 19:07

Probably all true. Still would have been interesting to have another season in the top flight. Look at how well Brum are doing now...

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 15 Dec 2009 19:13

It really was not that pretty home or away in that second season. Funny how we are at that point now but in a differant league.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Dec 2009 23:25

Sir Rodger Doyle
Royal With Cheese
Royalee Stay away Coppell, you've wasted two chances of Premiership football, don't waste next year's as well once Rodgers has sorted your shit out.

You can say a lot of things about Coppell, but the shit Rodgers is in is nothing to do with Coppell. You may even have a valid point to argue that the shit is Madejski's. Get over it numb nuts.

Nothing to do with Coppell?

"I don't want to finish in the UEFA cup spot"

Upon the post Christmas collapse and relegation, "I know where I went wrong, I put too much faith in MY players and I have learnt from that mistake. I should have changed things, sorry"

Car park idiots beg him to stay.

Upon the carbon copy post Christmas collapse. "I know where I went wrong, blah, blah, coda.................."

Then he left before the final reckoning.

The UEFA cup comment was about managing expectations. I'd rather have that than the last managers propensity for holding every performance up as outstanding.

LOL at people who sit on their asses at home moaning on an internet forum complaining about the car park crew. At least we actually (rightly or wrongly), stood up and acted for something we believed in.
Last edited by sandman on 17 Dec 2009 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 17 Dec 2009 12:04

One phonecall made - will the other one take place?!!

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 17 Dec 2009 12:28

Only one Trevor Morley was just reminding myself of the good old days... a quiet unassuming success story being lauded in the press.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007 ... ory.sport6

and what do we have some 2.5 years later.... a jumped up novice who is getting into spats with local journalists, who cant wait to try out his latest soundbites to an ever wearisome fan base

he's still a free agent you know - it only takes a couple of calls..... we'll only truly feel how much we miss him, when he's with another team......

Good Days... but look how far we've fallen. One man to blame, and thats the chairman

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 17 Dec 2009 15:10

Blue_Elm
Only one Trevor Morley was just reminding myself of the good old days... a quiet unassuming success story being lauded in the press.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007 ... ory.sport6

and what do we have some 2.5 years later.... a jumped up novice who is getting into spats with local journalists, who cant wait to try out his latest soundbites to an ever wearisome fan base

he's still a free agent you know - it only takes a couple of calls..... we'll only truly feel how much we miss him, when he's with another team......

Good Days... but look how far we've fallen. One man to blame, and thats the chairman

And your solution is?