Nice Pen from Churchy
And Kebe's finish was very very good! :D

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the Game - Coventry City

by Jack Celliers » 05 Apr 2010 23:35

IcelandicStokie
Ian Royal LOL @ walking it.

Rasiak, Church and Long are all just about capable of 15 goals in a season if they play most games. But we're reliant on Kebe and McAnuff showing top form, Sigurdsson not being a one season wonder and staying, and being able to bring in 75% of a defence.

I think its quite obvious that Gylfi Sigurdsson will leave this summer sadly as I think he is a perfect fit at Reading. I would think Reading would get around 2-3 million for him and if that money is invested into the team it would be good for all parties. Its sad that he only played one real season at Reading.

I think you could buy his arm for £2-3 million.

If he goes it will be for shitloads of money.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 05 Apr 2010 23:36

As an aside, i winced at Robson-Kanu's lunge at their leftback. I don't want to criticise the kid without seeing a replay, and i'm sure it wasn't deliberate, but it looked a potential leg-breaker a la Shawcross. And i can't even say for sure whether HRK is 'that sort of player'...

From what I saw of it he put his foot up to block a clearance and his studs came into contact with the Coventry players foot as he followed through. Those challenges go in every week, it's a yellow card if you misjudge it... but your never going to break a leg in the manner that Shawcross did. It's anatomically impossible.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 06 Apr 2010 00:13

IcelandicStokie

Rasiak, Church and Long are all just about capable of 15 goals in a season if they play most games. But we're reliant on Kebe and McAnuff showing top form, Sigurdsson not being a one season wonder and staying, and being able to bring in 75% of a defence.

I think its quite obvious that Gylfi Sigurdsson will leave this summer sadly as I think he is a perfect fit at Reading. I would think Reading would get around 2-3 million for him and if that money is invested into the team it would be good for all parties. Its sad that he only played one real season at Reading.

I think that you are wrong. He will not go in the summer.

Big Mac Daddy will be talking to him all the time - letting him know what the right move is, and I think Gylfi will listen.

If we sell him for 2-3 mill - it will be a steal for the club buying him.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 06 Apr 2010 07:49

ZacNaloen
As an aside, i winced at Robson-Kanu's lunge at their leftback. I don't want to criticise the kid without seeing a replay, and i'm sure it wasn't deliberate, but it looked a potential leg-breaker a la Shawcross. And i can't even say for sure whether HRK is 'that sort of player'...

From what I saw of it he put his foot up to block a clearance and his studs came into contact with the Coventry players foot as he followed through. Those challenges go in every week, it's a yellow card if you misjudge it... but your never going to break a leg in the manner that Shawcross did. It's anatomically impossible.

It's just a late tackle that's all. Yellow card.

The game has become Arsenalised at the the moment, with any bad tackle producing an over-reaction staged in the hope of a red card. Coventry even put on such a performance one by mistake yesterday when it was Bertrand who had been fouled.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 06 Apr 2010 08:01

IcelandicStokie

If he's under contract, then how is it "quite obvious"?

Maybe, just maybe, he isn't ready to join the massed ranks of former Reading players that have gone on the shine for other teams............... :roll:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 06 Apr 2010 08:42

Terminal Boardom
RoyalBlue
Man Friday Why was Rasiak's header disallowed? Couldn't be offside as it came off a Cov player.

If it is a deflection off the player (which IIRC it was) then I believe that under the laws of the game Rasiak was offside.

If Rasiak was offside when the ball was played in then end of debate!

Not if it was a deliberate pass, say to the 'keeper, which I agree it wasn't. If it had been, the fact that he was offside, when we had the ball would have been irrelevant.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 06 Apr 2010 09:02

prostak As an aside, i winced at Robson-Kanu's lunge at their leftback. I don't want to criticise the kid without seeing a replay, and i'm sure it wasn't deliberate, but it looked a potential leg-breaker a la Shawcross. And i can't even say for sure whether HRK is 'that sort of player'...

Problem is, he has had a little previous of that. It was his challenge at Swansea that caused the melee at the start of the season...

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 06 Apr 2010 10:17

Mad Dog's Ghost
One thing. Matt Mills. As good a ball winner as you'll see at this level. Wins every header, virtually every challenge. Think he'll be off in the summer though. He's precisely what a promoted side needs and would be a good buy for £4m - £5m. Too good for this level and I think he knows it. Thought his little hissy fit at the ball boy was well out of order ... we were three up for feck's sake. And he was very, very lucky not to be sent off. Awful challenge, motivated by perceived injustice that cov were playing on after kish went down injured. But, a top player and one of the many reasons why we have been transformed.

Trouble is he may think he's too good for this level but he doesn;t look like a Premiership player either.
His distribution is failry poor and his decision making is questionable - after his Ipswich red how on earth he thought that tackle yesterday was a good idea I cannot imagine ! Not as bad as you make out, it was a play stopping challenge, not a dangerous one.

I can;t see us cashing in on him so quickly, especially as we know we already need a couple of new centre backs.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 06 Apr 2010 10:41

Agree with most of that. Distribution not brilliant. Decision making needs improving. But the nitty gritty bits of defending, he's very good at.

Didn't have the best view of his challenge from the north, but feared the worst when he went in so recklessly.

If anything, his potential lengthy ban could be good news for us because it will keep him out the shop window.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 06 Apr 2010 10:44

Mad Dog's Ghost Agree with most of that. Distribution not brilliant. Decision making needs improving. But the nitty gritty bits of defending, he's very good at.

Didn't have the best view of his challenge from the north, but feared the worst when he went in so recklessly.

If anything, his potential lengthy ban could be good news for us because it will keep him out the shop window.

Anyone who is interested will already be aware.

His challenge as I saw it wasn't as bad as made out. Wasn't going to injure anyone, just took the guy out to stop the move. It was unnecessary and he deserves a rocket from McDermott. If Zuba had done his hamstring (as looked possible) and Mills had been sent off it would have totally stuffed us for the rest of the season.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Apr 2010 11:25

looked very silly and reckless from my viewpoint in the north, looked like it was shin height with both feet off the ground, and didnt get the ball

much much worse than the ipswich one

i enjoyed it thoroughly

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 06 Apr 2010 11:28

S09Royal Saying that, Kebe's goal was lucky - taking a deflection but then someone else took a shot

Sorry? What game were you watching?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Apr 2010 12:00

no hint of a defelction from my eyes

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 06 Apr 2010 12:11

Jack Celliers
ZacNaloen

It's just a late tackle that's all. Yellow card.

The game has become Arsenalised at the the moment, with any bad tackle producing an over-reaction staged in the hope of a red card. Coventry even put on such a performance one by mistake yesterday when it was Bertrand who had been fouled.

Yeah, the Coventry player was rolling around in agony after the tackle. A moment later, he's all up, running and generally fine. :roll:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 06 Apr 2010 12:14

^ It is possible for something be painful for a short while but not injury inducing Spacey.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 06 Apr 2010 12:16

ZacNaloen ^ It is possible for something be painful for a short while but not injury inducing Spacey.

I can accept that, but I don't think that sort of pain would induce you to roll about in real agony.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Apr 2010 12:21

SpaceCruiser
ZacNaloen ^ It is possible for something be painful for a short while but not injury inducing Spacey.

I can accept that, but I don't think that sort of pain would induce you to roll about in real agony.

Well, I have had injuries like that, where I've thought it was much worse than it is, or the pain is fairly short lived or it only hurts under certain conditions.

Archies Left Foot
Location: Well it's something your mother can't abide, but it's something that I freely prescribe

by Archies Left Foot » 06 Apr 2010 12:43

Loved this comment from a Cov fan on f365 forum;

Can I also add:
a) Since when did Jay Tabb become a really good central midfielder?
b) Since when did Jimmy Kebe become the Cristiano Ronaldo of the CCC?
c) Since when did Jobi McAnuff become the Lionel Messi of the CCC?

Answer
Since they came up against Coventry City.

All joking aside, all 3 players mentioned above were excellent yesterday and showed just how much pace we lack in our side

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 06 Apr 2010 12:54

Sun Tzu
royalexile As the City support which numbered about a thousand and included three from Norway plus a good number of supporters from London and the Home Counties, Sussex, Southampton, South Wales, Cambridgeshire, and the rest from the Midlands, taunted those from a town full of Chelsea fans,

What a very surreal comment ! Despite this we still seem to get as many people at games as they do, and we've probably even had a Norwegian at games in the past !

:lol:

Big round of applause Coventry. But unfortunately you even failed to win the 'Most widespread distribution of supporters accolade' as well... Reading were watched by a coach and 4 or 5 minbus loads of kids from Holland? or somewhere... such is the international prestige of Reading Football Club :wink:

124 posts