Why I Hate Shane Long

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Why I Hate Shane Long

by Royal Rother » 06 Jul 2011 16:03

Maguire
Royal Rother when an RFC supporter calls one of our long-serving players "a fat, lazy, gap-toothed, big-arsed, stupid run, guitar-playing mick shithead oxf*rd" and he then proves to be head and shoulders POTS I think a little poke is fair game

What does my original (and clearly jovial) description have to do with him being POTS?

I mean, digging up old quotes is amusing enough a pasttime I suppose but nothing in that sentence is wrong.

Oh of course it was jovial, just like all the other similar abuse you've chucked his way over the last couple of years.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Jul 2011 16:38

You haven't addressed the point. Again.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jul 2011 18:13

Royal Rother
Maguire
Royal Rother when an RFC supporter calls one of our long-serving players "a fat, lazy, gap-toothed, big-arsed, stupid run, guitar-playing mick shithead oxf*rd" and he then proves to be head and shoulders POTS I think a little poke is fair game

What does my original (and clearly jovial) description have to do with him being POTS?

I mean, digging up old quotes is amusing enough a pasttime I suppose but nothing in that sentence is wrong.

Oh of course it was jovial, just like all the other similar abuse you've chucked his way over the last couple of years.

Mags' post is clearly tongue in cheek to a certain extent. And given up until this season apart from the odd month or two he was pretty poor, and even this season his scoring record before Xmas is pretty ropey, criticism at the time is justified.

You can't ridicule criticism which was at least partly valid at the time based on performance after it. That's just nonsense.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Jul 2011 22:25

Ian, surely you can see I'm not ridiculing constructive criticism here; we all get things wrong, some of us more regularly than others and nobody gives much of a stuff about that.

But when gobshite abuse is hurled around about young, hard working, loyal and developing players then I think it warrants a little poke. (And the one I quoted is just one of many similar posts made so it wasn't a one-off and indeed was continued long after he "came good" last season.)

That's all really.

I'm not calling Mags a oxf*rd for doing so just pointing out, with equally partially disguised joviality, that he might have been a little harsh on Shane Long.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 06 Jul 2011 22:32

Royal Rother Ian, surely you can see I'm not ridiculing constructive criticism here; we all get things wrong, some of us more regularly than others and nobody gives much of a stuff about that.

But when gobshite abuse is hurled around about young, hard working, loyal and developing players then I think it warrants a little poke. (And the one I quoted is just one of many similar posts made so it wasn't a one-off and indeed was continued long after he "came good" last season.)

That's all really.

I'm not calling Mags a oxf*rd for doing so just pointing out, with equally partially disguised joviality, that he might have been a little harsh on Shane Long.

think that's a very 'sensible and realistic' reply.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Jul 2011 22:36

Indeed. I have probably made "3 worse" posts than that.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 06 Jul 2011 22:40

Royal Rother Indeed. I have probably made "3 worse" posts than that.

:lol: I was 'officially bored' after the 2nd one in all honesty.

i miss the days when i disliked you :cry:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Jul 2011 23:34

Royal Rother Ian, surely you can see I'm not ridiculing constructive criticism here; we all get things wrong, some of us more regularly than others and nobody gives much of a stuff about that.

That's all really.

It's all banter at the end of the day RR, all banter.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 09 Jul 2011 08:42

I agree