Gylfi is leaving Reading

1419 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:06

Royal Lady You'd hope so Bendy. If he's not given at least that much, will you, finally, admit that something must be wrong with the accounting? :wink:

no. ill admit that my understanding of the accounts is shit though :lol:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Aug 2010 18:07

Royal Lady Well, Matt Mills and Jimmy Kebe are now my favourite players - so it's 100% certain they'll both be off by the end of the season. Every time I like a player, he moves on shortly afterwards. :cry:

FFS, get a crush on Williams or Cummings now!

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 30 Aug 2010 18:07

Incidentally, what came of the fans forum meeting?. Any more reaction from Brian re players going, was Mr Mad there??

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:07

In Friday's E-Po McD is quoted as saying he has players in mind should we lose any this transfer window. HTH.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:07

RoyalBlue
brendywendy
RoyalBlue

You can't be serious!!!

Did you not hear the recent Dellor interview with McDermott?

Made it absolutely clear that the Rasiak departure was because it was 'good for the club financially' and did not deny that he had lost a useful 'plan B' in terms of striker options.

Also sounded completely pissed off about the possibility of a player (or players) departing before the transfer window closed.

That money grabbing, cloth cutting egotistical barsteward Madejski's fingerprints are all over this deal.

And what's the betting we are then told we couldn't sign anyone before the deadline because we didn't know we were going to be selling Sig?

We've seen it all too many times before, despite Madejski's repeated b*llocks about ambition, well run club and return to the PL!

When they reduced season ticket prices, they didn't tell us we would still be paying first team prices to watch a team of walking wounded, reserves and academy youngsters! :twisted:

in the most recent interview didnt BM specifically state that if any one went, he already had replacements lined up?
either youre imagining it, or youre making stuff up

Did I refer to the most recent interview?

If you'd care to check BBCRB archives you will probably find a copy of the interview. Not a word made up. Unlike certain people at the club. :twisted:

oh, faIR PLAY THEN

I KNOW FOR SURE THAT IF I WAS THE ONE CHOOSING PAPER QUOTES ABOUT OUR FINANCES AND THIS POSSIBLE DEAL ID CERTAINLY GO FOR THE OLDER OUT OF DATE ONES RATHER THAN THE ONE THATS JUST COME OUT :roll:

(OOPS CAPS)

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:08

holsgrove breaks a leg Incidentally, what came of the fans forum meeting?. Any more reaction from Brian re players going, was Mr Mad there??

If you read the report on the official Reading fc site, it says that STAR don't like these meetings to be reported on. :roll: I think you can only find out if you're a member of STAR.

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 30 Aug 2010 18:09

Am feeling totally disillusioned with footy at the moment. £120,000,000 in debt Pompey refuse to listen to offers for Tommy Smith (who they gazumped us over last season), £30,000,000 in debt Cardiff bring in Man City's best player Craig Bellamy and £4,000,000 in debt Reading have to play a midfielder at centre back as we can't afford a loan signing, before selling off our best player (if the rumours are indeed true) for half what he's worth.

I disagree with the 'Madejski has destroyed this club' type posts on here (we probably wouldn't have a club without him and he did briefly deliver on his Premiership promise unlike the dozens of Michael Knighton's out there), but I have to say I feel angry and let down right now. A squad that was a couple of players short of challenging for the title is rapidly becoming one that should just about be good enough to stay in the division. The lack of ambition hurts!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:09

Barry the bird boggler
Royal Lady Well, Matt Mills and Jimmy Kebe are now my favourite players - so it's 100% certain they'll both be off by the end of the season. Every time I like a player, he moves on shortly afterwards. :cry:

Yeah. Cummings is gr8. I heart him. And Williams is just lush. That should ensure they both never play for us again now! :wink:

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 30 Aug 2010 18:11

brendywendy carry on with no defence and no strikers, or sell a luxury player we have to twist the team around just to fit him in?

if theres no money, we had no choice but to get the best value for what we can sell, and rebuild from there.
and thats fair enough imo
with the sales and wages gone already, plus this we could be in a position where we get the two players we need, plus we dont have to sell anyone for a whole season next year.

we tried to do ity just with players we wanted to go, but obviously its harder to shift these players, cos if we dont want them.....etc

unless no one comes in with this money of course, then i have already said ill be innefectually pissing and moaning with the best of you pissy moaners

I'm not being funny though Brendy, but you were saying we didn't need any more defenders (remember we just had Sonks and Ivar promotion season) and you'd shout down anyone who said we'd need a striker. Christ you were saying that we'd sign Kish anyway and that BM was saying we had no money cause we were playing hard ball.

Now all of a sudden we have cracks that we desperatly need to cover over. What changed?

Not meant as a personal attack btw.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Aug 2010 18:12

Know it will be hard for you, but I speak for a large majority of Reading fans when I ask you to find room in your heart for Shane Long

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 30 Aug 2010 18:12

Royal Lady
holsgrove breaks a leg Incidentally, what came of the fans forum meeting?. Any more reaction from Brian re players going, was Mr Mad there??

If you read the report on the official Reading fc site, it says that STAR don't like these meetings to be reported on. :roll: I think you can only find out if you're a member of STAR.

I know i read it, doesnt mean i cant ask....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:13

Big Foot

Know it will be hard for you, but I speak for a large majority of Reading fans when I ask you to find room in your heart for Shane Long

LOL not hard at all - two timing barsteward! :wink:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:17

brendywendy carry on with no defence and no strikers, or sell a luxury player we have to twist the team around just to fit him in?

if theres no money, we had no choice but to get the best value for what we can sell, and rebuild from there.
and thats fair enough imo
with the sales and wages gone already, plus this we could be in a position where we get the two players we need, plus we dont have to sell anyone for a whole season next year.

we tried to do ity just with players we wanted to go, but obviously its harder to shift these players, cos if we dont want them.....etc

unless no one comes in with this money of course, then i have already said ill be innefectually pissing and moaning with the best of you pissy moaners

I'm not being funny though Brendy, but you were saying we didn't need any more defenders (remember we just had Sonks and Ivar promotion season) and you'd shout down anyone who said we'd need a striker. Christ you were saying that we'd sign Kish anyway and that BM was saying we had no money cause we were playing hard ball.

Now all of a sudden we have cracks that we desperatly need to cover over. What changed?

Not meant as a personal attack btw.

I NEVER SAID WE DIDNT NEED ANY, AND THE 106 TEAM DID JUST HAVE THE TWO.
I DEFINITELY THINK WE NEED A STRIKER, BUT HAVENT BEEN SURE IN THESE CASH STRAPPED TIMES WE COULD JUSTIFY BUYING ONE, WHEN THE DEFENCE WAS SO CRIPPLED.
AND I SAID WE'D GET SOMEONE IN, HOPEFULLY KISH, BUT MAYBE JUST A LOAN IF THE SITUATION CONTINUED, BUT ITS JUST HOPE MATE, AND REGARDLESS OF ALL THAT- IF THERES NO MONEY-WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO ABOUT IT? COS IM oxf*rd IF I KNOW, OTHER THAN SELLING YOUR MOST EXPENSIVE ASSETS

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:18

Stop SHOUTING Bendy!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Aug 2010 18:19

Royal Lady
Barry the bird boggler

Yeah. Cummings is gr8. I heart him. And Williams is just lush. That should ensure they both never play for us again now! :wink:

The power of a woman!

blue_army1871

by blue_army1871 » 30 Aug 2010 18:20

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 30 Aug 2010 18:21

Listen young men. If Sig goes the fee will be undisclosed. The Madman will no doubt say that the fee is paid in stages and therefore we still have not got any money. At best we may get a loan player but they are a waste of time e.g. Bertrand. Here one season and gone the next. You can't believe any utterance from the Madman. All he spouts is bol**cks and the so called £250K paid for Griffin was actually £50K.

The Madman has no intention of selling the Club for a realistic price and therefore I hope he gets his fingers burnt. He is a disaster and well past his sell by date. He has not really invested in RFC in real terms for very nearly five seasons but where the money has gone? Where we may all ask.

The sooner he pis**s off the betterrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Real Facts in the Real World. You know it makes sense.
Last edited by Sir Dodger Royal on 30 Aug 2010 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 30 Aug 2010 18:22

blue_army1871 http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=196001

They couldnt afford him

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 30 Aug 2010 18:22

Have a smoke Brenders, I know I'm gonna.

My post was shit.

Just gutted.

Hope tommorrow brings better news.

Brian Stock and Peter Whitingham will do nicely.

:wink:

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 30 Aug 2010 18:22

blue_army1871 http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=196001

This link has now been added 3 times.

1419 posts