Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Buyout

by SPARTA » 17 Nov 2013 19:56

This is a project, a long-term project at that. Anton doesn't go from being as excitable and interested as he was to not watching one home game since mid-August! There is quite clearly something more serious going on at the club than that!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Nov 2013 20:44

winchester_royal You don't think that the quality of football on offer and likelihood of seeing his team win will be a factor in his decision whether or not to make a 4,000 mile round trip?

I'm not saying it's definitely why we haven't seen him for 3 months, but if I were him then the idea of travelling all that way to watch an evolving Reading team play Millwall would not be tripping my trigger.

:lol:

You've gotta love Winchester_royal. Defending AZ's lack of attendance with the excuse that basically we're a bit sh*t, without ever bringing himself to actually criticise how uninspiring we are, of course :lol:

He knows he is he's sure he is, a sycophant til he dies.....

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2013 21:07

SPARTA This is a project, a long-term project at that. Anton doesn't go from being as excitable and interested as he was to not watching one home game since mid-August! There is quite clearly something more serious going on at the club than that!

I can imagine the initial excitement of owning a football club can wear off pretty quickly, especially for an excitable young millionaire like Anton.

This is a guy with a number of other 'business' interests, living the other side of the world, do you really expect him to travel back and forth to the Mad Stad every Saturday afternoon? As long as there is still passion behind the scenes driving various growth projects then I'm not massively concerned about whether he attends. If this is no longer the case (though there is no actual EVIDENCE to suggest that it isn't) then I'll start to worry.

I mean, seriously, he's just had his first child with this lady

I can't imagine Reading FC V Charlton Athletic will be too high on his list of places he'll want to be in a couple of weeks time.

There may well be things wrong behind the scenes, but him not attending a game for 2 months as proof for something being wrong is the very definition of circumstantial evidence.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Nov 2013 21:08

winchester_royal Why?

You don't think that the quality of football on offer and likelihood of seeing his team win will be a factor in his decision whether or not to make a 4,000 mile round trip?

I'm not saying it's definitely why we haven't seen him for 3 months, but if I were him then the idea of travelling all that way to watch an evolving Reading team play Millwall would not be tripping my trigger.

I would say his level of investment would have a greater say than the likelihood of winning

Unless he hasn't a clue/doesn't give a toss about money and has to be looked after by "trusted" employees of his father...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2013 21:08

floyd__streete
winchester_royal You don't think that the quality of football on offer and likelihood of seeing his team win will be a factor in his decision whether or not to make a 4,000 mile round trip?

:lol:

You've gotta love Winchester_royal. Defending AZ's lack of attendance with the excuse that basically we're a bit sh*t, without ever bringing himself to actually criticise how uninspiring we are, of course :lol:

He knows he is he's sure he is, a sycophant til he dies.....

I can't even slag off the team right in your eyes can I? There's no pleasing you Floyd. :(

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Nov 2013 09:35

What are AZ's other business interests then? TSI was formed to purchase a number of business, but we're the only purchase they have made...so outside of TSI what other businesses does he own?

If I had invested a few million into a team, with the premise that I would be paying the rest (eventually) - I think I'd quite like to see what's going on at the club I have purchased - whether they are bottom of the Conference or top of the Prem, tbh.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Nov 2013 09:48

Royal Lady What are AZ's other business interests then? TSI was formed to purchase a number of business, but we're the only purchase they have made...so outside of TSI what other businesses does he own?

If I had invested a few million into a team, with the premise that I would be paying the rest (eventually) - I think I'd quite like to see what's going on at the club I have purchased - whether they are bottom of the Conference or top of the Prem, tbh.

I asked that a few pages ago, no one has said what are his other "business interests"

Or been able to name any other companies where he is on the board

Just what makes him a "businessman" as we keep getting told

None of this has any direct bearing on his "ability", but it is very shady for him to have been operating as a businessman for nine years since the failed Everton bid and have left no tracks whatsoever.

Didn't he also meet his wife by basically saying "I want her, get her for me". When she was 18.

The couple did not meet in conventional fashion. Zingarevich first set eyes on Katsia on the internet. 'I saw a photo of her and she looked beautiful,' he said, quickly stressing 'it was on a social network, nothing dodgy!' :lol:

The photograph was posted on the Russian equivalent of a Facebook page by a mutual acquaintance. Zingarevich was living in New York and Katsia was working in the United States a lot. The mutual friend set up a date and love blossomed. They have been married since 2009.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Nov 2013 10:36

He's fallen in love with ice hockey now and pumping money into that.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Nov 2013 11:00

paultheroyal He's fallen in love with ice hockey now and pumping money into that.

He hasn't actually bought anything though

He's "close to buying" and not actually done anything though

Sound familiar?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 Nov 2013 11:24

paultheroyal He's fallen in love with ice hockey now and pumping money into that.

He has brought it. But he's not put in anything yet, and stepped back on that whilst he's away. So people are looking after the club for him

He's also stepped away from a lot of his business and has people running what can in his absence, whilst doing what must be done by him.

Sounds like he's expected back early/mid January for a few weeks, but likely to largely disappear after the transfer window until the end of the season with Howe and Madejski looking after things. He's still in daily contact with the club.

From what I heard there were some complications with the birth so he's been looking after Kastia and settling things in at home, spending as much time with them as he can whilst he can.

Priorities have changed at least in the short term but it shouldn't be hugely detrimental. He's still in the process of buying the remainder of the club, that's not unusual at all for there to be delays in large business transactions.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Nov 2013 11:43

maffff

He has brought it.

Link, or it hasn't happened.

Nothing on the web in English - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=anton ... ice+hockey
Last edited by Uke on 18 Nov 2013 11:58, edited 2 times in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Nov 2013 11:44

From what I heard, they had the baby here and a week or so later went back to Russia.

Why aren't the rest of TSI involved in the running of the club, why still SJM and Howe? :|

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Nov 2013 12:01

Some deal for the hockey club was done in late October

From this link http://www.mk.ru/daily/nashe-podmoskove ... kkeya.html

Google (badly) translated

Near Moscow, "Atlas" is building a new team and a new learning to live. As chairman of the Supervisory Board took the businessman Anton Zingarevich. Thus, the club more out of budget funding, matching the policies of the governor and the regional government.

If you take a purely sporting competition, the "Atlas" solves the problem out in the playoffs Gagarin Cup with the highest possible place. It's not easy, if you remember that at the start of the tournament the team suffered five consecutive defeats.

Now the strategy of the game are like-minded - Valeri Kamensky, general manager Alexei Zhamnov, acting head coach Alex Kudashov (by the way, there are good reasons to believe that the prefix "acting" one of these days will be charged). With Anton Zingarevich have full contact. Businessman and owner of English football club "Reading" the new project is very interesting, he knows hockey market, all agreements and contracts must be agreed with him. Note that now the player is not signed for a year, as is most often practiced before, and at least two or three seasons.

Alarm bells?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 Nov 2013 12:09

Royal Lady From what I heard, they had the baby here and a week or so later went back to Russia.

Why aren't the rest of TSI involved in the running of the club, why still SJM and Howe? :|

Not a clue, consistency? Samuelson[s], Obolensky etc are still around.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Nov 2013 12:12

Just would have thought as the major shareholder, albeit by 2% or whatever, AZ would want what HE wants going on at the club, rather than leaving it in the sole hands of SJM and Howe. I think I would, if I were him, ensure that Obolensky and the Samuelsons act for the club according to my wishes and be the proactive ones.....

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Nov 2013 12:15

Royal Lady Just would have thought as the major shareholder, albeit by 2% or whatever, AZ would want what HE wants going on at the club, rather than leaving it in the sole hands of SJM and Howe. I think I would, if I were him, ensure that Obolensky and the Samuelsons act for the club according to my wishes and be the proactive ones.....

But if it is being managed effectively by the current team - why interfere?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Nov 2013 12:29

Unless there is serious mismanagement going on why on earth would you replace an effective team? Madness.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 Nov 2013 12:29

I could completely believe AZ has just decided to be with his family for a bit what with the new baby etc.

What I can't believe is that he hasn't made any kind of announcement to this effect, which he would if this was really the reason for the delay in buyout and absence from the club.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Nov 2013 12:53

its just not as fun doing this when its not on multiple threads

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Nov 2013 13:06

winchester_royal I can't even slag off the team right in your eyes can I? There's no pleasing you Floyd. :(

8)

x

8684 posts