Adkins - Pros and Cons

847 posts
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Adkins, Completely Useless, Naive Tactically

by LoyalRoyal22 » 08 Nov 2014 21:25

Get all the players back fit , add a couple in January. If no significant improvement after Jan, let Adkins go at end of season when his contract is up.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Nov 2014 21:46

LoyalRoyal22 Get all the players back fit , add a couple in January. If no significant improvement after Jan, let Adkins go at end of season when his contract is up.

Doubt those still injured are due back that soon, maybe Ferdinand, but you can't pin your hopes on them all coming back soon.

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 08 Nov 2014 21:46

Dixeyroyal
Whatevs who do we feel like Sandman?

Another thread about Adkins is great, gives everyone a chance to say..................

**** OFF ADKINS, TAKE (I CANT DEFEND OR PASS OR EVEN PLAY) GUNTER, (2MPH IS AS FAST AS I GET) PEARCE, (I HAVE AN ATTITUDE EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT VERY GOOD) BLACKMAN, (I ONLY MAKE AN EFFORT FOR WALES) ROBSON KANU WITH YOU, AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR OVER ULTRA POSITIVE ARSE ON THE WAY OUT................. BYE BYE

U OK Hun?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Nov 2014 23:06

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 08 Nov 2014 23:12

Dixeyroyal
Whatevs who do we feel like Sandman?

Another thread about Adkins is great, gives everyone a chance to say..................

**** OFF ADKINS, TAKE (I CANT DEFEND OR PASS OR EVEN PLAY) GUNTER, (2MPH IS AS FAST AS I GET) PEARCE, (I HAVE AN ATTITUDE EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT VERY GOOD) BLACKMAN, (I ONLY MAKE AN EFFORT FOR WALES) ROBSON KANU WITH YOU, AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR OVER ULTRA POSITIVE ARSE ON THE WAY OUT................. BYE BYE

And take the sunbed with you!

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 08 Nov 2014 23:34

Ah, give the guy a break. Didn't deserve to lose today, didn't deserve to lose to derby. We are improving. Every now and then a one-two works well or someone pulls off a decent dummy and gets through a crowd of players and we look half-decent.

I'm being won over by what (hopefully) Adkins is trying to do. Can't believe I was all for getting rid of him a few weeks ago. It's not like he's trying to make it boring and negative, just need to accept that times have changed. We aren't the same team that was regularly in the top 7/8, a few years ago.

We just need to get our off-the-ball movement sorted. Seems that whenever someone has the ball, everyone else just stands about, watching. Get that sorted and we'll be back where we usually are, play-off territory.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Nov 2014 01:18

ILoveMoonPig Ah, give the guy a break. Didn't deserve to lose today, didn't deserve to lose to derby. We are improving. Every now and then a one-two works well or someone pulls off a decent dummy and gets through a crowd of players and we look half-decent.

I'm being won over by what (hopefully) Adkins is trying to do. Can't believe I was all for getting rid of him a few weeks ago. It's not like he's trying to make it boring and negative, just need to accept that times have changed. We aren't the same team that was regularly in the top 7/8, a few years ago.

We just need to get our off-the-ball movement sorted. Seems that whenever someone has the ball, everyone else just stands about, watching. Get that sorted and we'll be back where we usually are, play-off territory.

are you retarded?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Nov 2014 01:47

As I said on the other thread, if Dolan was in charge everyone would be upbeat about an unlucky defeat. As it stands, you can all GET FUCKED

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 09 Nov 2014 07:23

leon
ILoveMoonPig Ah, give the guy a break. Didn't deserve to lose today, didn't deserve to lose to derby. We are improving. Every now and then a one-two works well or someone pulls off a decent dummy and gets through a crowd of players and we look half-decent.

are you retarded?

The first third of my life has passed without reason to believe so, but go on, I'll bite: what's upsetting you about my post?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Nov 2014 09:48

ILoveMoonPig
leon

are you retarded?

The first third of my life has passed without reason to believe so, but go on, I'll bite: what's upsetting you about my post?

We deserved to lose against both Derby and Charlton because they took their chances and we did not. When a team scores more goals than you, you deserve to lose.

Would you not expect professional players at some point to have "a few one twos" that work?

marcusopp

Adkins = Rodgers

by marcusopp » 09 Nov 2014 10:41

Adkins has got to go.
It's very apparent that Reading FC and Nigel Adkins are not compatible, much like Rodgers wasn't with us.
Maybe NA might be able to do a decent job elsewhere, frankly i couldn't care less, i can't stand him and his politicians spin.
Lately he's been moaning about the play and players, yet he picks the team and chooses the tactics, so he should be moaning about himself.
Someone eluded to the 'frustrating times' under Coppell and McD. I personally don't remember them. They both had the full backing of the players and fans, something i feel NA doesn't have.
When we were loosing under SSC or McD i always felt we would get back into the game. Both managers were able to install belief into the players and the fight that goes with it.
Under NA, we're screwed if we don't score first. The players and fans heads drop, 'cos we know that's it. The other team will easily defend as we dick around with the ball on the half way line.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Adkins = Rodgers

by windermere_royal » 09 Nov 2014 10:46

congratulations for starting the 10th thread on the same subject

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Adkins - Pros and Cons

by Royal Rother » 09 Nov 2014 10:52

Every team that has experienced a relegation within the last 2 years will have a significant percentage of supporters with ideas above their station.

Where those clubs are languishing in the bottom half and the manager has been in place for more than 3 months those supporters will be creating "Manager OUT!!!" threads on their club forums.

I want success and I want it NOW!!!

marcusopp

Re: Adkins = Rodgers

by marcusopp » 09 Nov 2014 10:54

windermere_royal congratulations for starting the 10th thread on the same subject

Do I get a special prize?
I thought that immediately after posting it, but it demonstrates just how frustrated everyone is with him.
When was todgers sacked? Around christmas right? Just before the FA cup game with liverpool when shlong scored after the cross from bryn??

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Nov 2014 10:57

Royal Rother Every team that has experienced a relegation within the last 2 years will have a significant percentage of supporters with ideas above their station.

Where those clubs are languishing in the bottom half and the manager has been in place for more than 3 months those supporters will be creating "Manager OUT!!!" threads on their club forums.

Must we really go through this again? That's you putting your words in other people's mouth and assuming that's what they are thinking.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Nov 2014 11:18

Royal Rother Every team that has experienced a relegation within the last 2 years will have a significant percentage of supporters with ideas above their station.

Sorry Rother I generally like most of your posts but you are using extremes to rationalise your point of view rather than the reality.....which is he's had the job 2 years almost & we get buttfcuked by every team we play bar the other few relegation candidates.

Do you actually watch the games? We are shit.....We are massively shit...We are hopeless.

We've gone from almost having yo-yo club status to fighting to stay in this division which frankly with the players we have is unacceptable.

Just to reiterate in case you don't fully understand - fans are switching off in their thousands. Worst attendance in a decade last week, 1 page match threads on HNA - this all suggests to me that a large proportion of fans are simply not enjoying it any more.

Lets see where we're at in a month shall we? I.e. when we've actually had to play some half decent teams. We'll be lucky to ave 1 ppg over the next 6 weeks or so & we probably find ourselves languishing around 19-21st but hey everything is rosy in the garden!

Fezza

by Fezza » 09 Nov 2014 11:27

Pepe the Horseman As I said on the other thread, if Dolan was in charge everyone would be upbeat about an unlucky defeat. As it stands, you can all GET FUCKED

This, 100%

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Nov 2014 11:31

Pepe the Horseman As I said on the other thread, if Dolan was in charge everyone would be upbeat about an unlucky defeat

Adkins must be one of the unluckiest managers in the football league then!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Nov 2014 12:05

MmmMonsterMunch
Pepe the Horseman As I said on the other thread, if Dolan was in charge everyone would be upbeat about an unlucky defeat

Adkins must be one of the unluckiest managers in the football league then!

Talking specifically about yesterday. The other losses have been shit.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Nov 2014 16:36

MmmMonsterMunch

Sorry Rother I generally like most of your posts but you are using extremes to rationalise your point of view rather than the reality.....which is he's had the job 2 years almost & we get buttfcuked by every team we play bar the other few relegation candidates.

Do you actually watch the games? We are shit.....We are massively shit...We are hopeless.

We've gone from almost having yo-yo club status to fighting to stay in this division which frankly with the players we have is unacceptable.

Just to reiterate in case you don't fully understand - fans are switching off in their thousands. Worst attendance in a decade last week, 1 page match threads on HNA - this all suggests to me that a large proportion of fans are simply not enjoying it any more.

Lets see where we're at in a month shall we? I.e. when we've actually had to play some half decent teams. We'll be lucky to ave 1 ppg over the next 6 weeks or so & we probably find ourselves languishing around 19-21st but hey everything is rosy in the garden!

He hasn't been to a game for years but thinks he knows it all. Ignore him.

847 posts