Ince out!

1204 posts
tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ince out!

by tmesis » 25 Feb 2023 20:20

Elm Park Kid The only objective way of judging a manager is their success over multiple teams/years.

Who of our previous managers since Coppell has the best record on that front? Probably Rodgers. Will say that McDermott gets a bit of a pass from this as he had his own personal issues. Adkins has some success but fizzled out. Clarke took the easy way out. Clement went back to assistant roles. Stam, Gomes, Pauno . . all nothing other than Reading.

There's a reasonable argument to say that Ince has the best actual record of any manager since Coppell other than Rodgers.

Isn't that a bit like celebrating being the tallest of the seven dwarfs?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Feb 2023 20:39

Fukk it

WELL DONE TEAM INCE

All but safe now, all but ‘mission accomplished’

Thank you

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 26 Feb 2023 16:12

Well done Tom and Pual Ince. I think we are safe now Tom does deserve another season but Wrexham won again and Notts County lost, so Parky could be tempted if Ince steps down.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Feb 2023 16:44

If I was to pick 1 ex Reading player who has successfully transitioned to management and has achieved considerable success given the resources available, particularly at clubs in crisis, it could only be Mark Robins.

We'd never get him, though.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 02 Mar 2023 17:16

karbota Well done Tom and Pual Ince. I think we are safe now Tom does deserve another season but Wrexham won again and Notts County lost, so Parky could be tempted if Ince steps down.

Update Wrexham now a point clear on top of the table with a game in hand. Parky will be snapped up by another Championship club if we don't act soon.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Mar 2023 17:22

karbota
karbota Well done Tom and Pual Ince. I think we are safe now Tom does deserve another season but Wrexham won again and Notts County lost, so Parky could be tempted if Ince steps down.

Update Wrexham now a point clear on top of the table with a game in hand. Parky will be snapped up by another Championship club if we don't act soon.

Give it a rest please!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Mar 2023 18:03

karbota

Good.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 02 Mar 2023 21:10

Things carry on the way they are, Parky will be here in the away dug-out in a league game in two seasons!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Mar 2023 21:32

karbota

I hope so, as then you might stop banging on about him for a while

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 04 Mar 2023 15:48

Ince out

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Mar 2023 15:51

Mince Snout

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Mar 2023 16:37

Definitely needs replacing in the summer

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Mar 2023 16:41

Since Pout

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Mar 2023 16:43

Don't think today changes anything. About the best XI in the best shape he could put out. Poor performances and individual errors all round punished heavily by one of the best sides in the division where we have a dreadful record at the best of times.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Mar 2023 17:07

Ince should go in the summer, really had enough of this dreadful away form that seems to worsen with every trip. Then there’s the overly negative team selections, bewildering substitutions and a style of play that seems to take no account of the striking strengths. Really don’t want watch all that again next season so take time now to assess best available options and sell them “the project” in the close season.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 04 Mar 2023 17:41

Sutekh Ince should go in the summer, really had enough of this dreadful away form that seems to worsen with every trip. Then there’s the overly negative team selections, bewildering substitutions and a style of play that seems to take no account of the striking strengths. Really don’t want watch all that again next season so take time now to assess best available options and sell them “the project” in the close season.

Somehow stay up and see where we are…might end up with him staying if the embargo stays…

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Mar 2023 17:53

Kitsondinho
Sutekh Ince should go in the summer, really had enough of this dreadful away form that seems to worsen with every trip. Then there’s the overly negative team selections, bewildering substitutions and a style of play that seems to take no account of the striking strengths. Really don’t want watch all that again next season so take time now to assess best available options and sell them “the project” in the close season.

Somehow stay up and see where we are…might end up with him staying if the embargo stays…

I think another summer embargo would be unfair. But expect we will be quite limited in what we can do. Even still I'd rather make a change. Ince has done a good job for us so leave with his head high and maybe get another job than start poorly and the fans relationship with him becomes toxic

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Mar 2023 17:54

Ince basically blamed the referee for the result though accepted service into the box was poor.

While I think that’s laughable when you ship 5 and the performance is dire there is some value in his comments and really, though many hate it, as the technology exists VAR needs to be in the Championship next season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Mar 2023 18:01

Sutekh Ince basically blamed the referee for the result though accepted service into the box was poor.

While I think that’s laughable when you ship 5 and the performance is dire there is some value in his comments and really, though many hate it, as the technology exists VAR needs to be in the Championship next season.

It was Keith Stroud, you have to accept it with that cunt in charge

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Mar 2023 18:03

Sutekh Ince basically blamed the referee for the result though accepted service into the box was poor.

Not a huge fan of VAR but sooner or later a team will be relegated or promoted/vice versa because of poor refereeing.

First penalty was harsh but Ince needs to take the blame for that

1204 posts