Coppells parking space

1452 posts
Yorkshire Royal

Re: BBC Sport - Coppell support rally

by Yorkshire Royal » 13 May 2008 17:42

I think you should post Aimee's mobile number again..

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Coppells parking space

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2008 17:42

Good luck all. And remember to get the important message across.

We all want him to stay (players, fans & staff), he is under no pressure to go, but if he feels he has to then it's a fond farewell and all the best.

This isn't about blackmail or pressuring someone, it's about recognition for a truely great manager and Reading Legend who should never feel he has let us down. Relegation was shit and we could have done better and avoided it. No one is perfect. Steve managed 2 virtually faultless years at the club during his time here. One slightly ropey season will never eclipse that.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 13 May 2008 17:42

Thought something might've happened but I put it up just in case. Feel free to lock/delete as appropriate now.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 May 2008 17:43

and remove her mobile number.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 May 2008 17:43

Ian Royal Good luck all. And remember to get the important message across.

We all want him to stay (players, fans & staff), he is under no pressure to go, but if he feels he has to then it's a fond farewell and all the best.

This isn't about blackmail or pressuring someone, it's about recognition for a truely great manager and Reading Legend who should never feel he has let us down. Relegation was shit and we could have done better and avoided it. No one is perfect. Steve managed 2 virtually faultless years at the club during his time here. One slightly ropey season will never eclipse that.

That's fair enough, although 'slightly ropey'? Bit like saying the Titanic got a bit damp.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 13 May 2008 17:44

stop being such a wet blanket if he really wants to go he is not going to stay just cos we asked him to!all out i say the more over the top the better!

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 13 May 2008 17:45

Drew_3
watfordroyal Rumour from one of the so-called "Beautiful people" at QPR says the Dowie move is on hold, as the Billionaires think they can tempt SSC to take them up with the promise of Chelski proportion bucks to build a squad. :cry:

too much pressure wont go there!

One last crack at the Big Time, megabucks money, no longer an up & coming manager so with nothing to lose?

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 13 May 2008 17:45

Apparently Mr Coppell met with Mr Hammond today and he was aware of the effort put in from the supporters to keep him here. I'm not sure if that means he saw the work so far at his parking space or the meeting was elsewhere and Hammond made a point of telling him, but he knows what we're up to.

I assume from there being no breaking news anywhere that no decision has yet been made on SSC's future, but lets hope as the dust settles he feels there is plenty of work to be getting on with here at Reading.

Good work. Great effort from many and even if it is to late, Steve Coppell will leave with his head held high knowing we all love the guy to bits and appeciate everything he has done here at Reading.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 May 2008 17:45

Alan Partridge 50 people turn up feeling great about themselves to stand in a car parking space with not a lot to do. I'd suggest getting some hookers in

I ll get on the phone to 613 oxford rd see if they can support the cause

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2008 17:46

Alan Partridge

That's fair enough, although 'slightly ropey'? Bit like saying the Titanic got a bit damp.

There were plenty of factors outside Steve's control that helped sink us, as well as the one's he did have control over. Therefore his management IMO was only slightly ropey.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 May 2008 17:46

earleyroyal Thought something might've happened but I put it up just in case. Feel free to lock/delete as appropriate now.

all you need to do is edit your posts...

or get a mod to do it

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 13 May 2008 17:47

loyalroyal4life
Alan Partridge 50 people turn up feeling great about themselves to stand in a car parking space with not a lot to do. I'd suggest getting some hookers in

I ll get on the phone to 613 oxford rd see if they can support the cause

Ram-pant Royals fans try to get Coppell to stay.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 13 May 2008 17:47

Can everyone sign this - http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Coppell/ the petition for him to stay!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 May 2008 17:48

Drew_3
watfordroyal Rumour from one of the so-called "Beautiful people" at QPR says the Dowie move is on hold, as the Billionaires think they can tempt SSC to take them up with the promise of Chelski proportion bucks to build a squad. :cry:

he aint going to leave us for another club in the champ thats just taking the piss he aint pardew!! Its either taking up golf full time or staying with the royals for a season

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 13 May 2008 17:49

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 13 May 2008 17:50

kwik-silva Can everyone sign this - http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saveoursteve/ the petition for him to stay!

There's already a petition, at the link I've edited in your post.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2008 17:51

Drew_3

stop being such a wet blanket if he really wants to go he is not going to stay just cos we asked him to!all out i say the more over the top the better!

I am always the voice of reason! :wink: Happily I won't be there to difuse the OTT nature of the demonstration.

We are by far the greatest club the world has ever seen! We may seem wet and pathetic, but after the bitter dissapointment of relegation and just THREE GOALS needed I am so proud of our club and fans right now. If nothing more this has done a lot to destroy the potential for weeks of depression after Sunday.

We are a model club who are showing the nation how football should really work in this country!

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 13 May 2008 17:51

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 13 May 2008 17:52

Uke
Drew_3

Beautiful people!

Madejski or Ecclestone...

You didn't watch Inside Sport last night then about their Supermodel, F1 & Celeb fans!
All we can offer is Cilla, Chris Tarrant & Trevor McDoughnut! :lol:

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 13 May 2008 17:52

Readingfanman
kwik-silva Can everyone sign this - http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saveoursteve/ the petition for him to stay!

There's already a petition, at the link I've edited in your post.

Oops, sorry! :P

1452 posts