Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Buyout

by Scutterbucketz » 11 Jul 2014 11:43

CholseyRoyal Doesn't look good:-

@charles_watts: On the takeover. Was told the money transfer from Thailand is what's being worked on. Political situation complicating things #readingfc

Apparently it is difficult/impossible(?) to move large amounts of money out of Thailand at the moment.

What sort of billionaire doesn't have a massive offshore account in the Cayman Islands?

This does not look good.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 11 Jul 2014 12:02

I hope someone from the US consortium agrees to have a kick around with the under 21s, as that could persuade SJM to accept their offer.

madstadblues

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by madstadblues » 11 Jul 2014 12:03

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 11 Jul 2014 12:20

Find the hold up apparently due to red tape in Thailand odd. I mean it's not as if British companies have stopped trading with Thai companies. There's some BS somewhere here, just not sure where.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Jul 2014 12:22

And so the saga continues and will no doubt descend into total farce before much longer. Oh well at least Nigel will have a young squad and enthusiastic squad to mould in time for the Wigan debacle.

And a big Hi to page 311, 4 pages after where we were all hoping for the news to hit. Suggest we revise the estimate to page 450

Cape Town Royal

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by Cape Town Royal » 11 Jul 2014 12:29

Having just enjoyed the Hot Springs in Beitou - I can confirm a spring is indeed a body of water...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jul 2014 12:35

Get a grip people. One minute everything's rosey and the deal will be done tomorrow because someone likes a page on facebook, then 10 minutes later the world is going to end because someone farts out a tweet.

Hows about waiting for some actual information before deciding we're doomed or we'll be in the Champions League in three years eh?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 11 Jul 2014 12:37

There are 50+ year olds claiming we are in for a disaster season if we sign no one before the window closes. We have a very strong squad, and some very good young kids. It wont be the end of the world, and then we can loan a few if need be. A mid-table play-off hopeful season is a million times better than the administration we were staring at!

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 11 Jul 2014 12:44

SPARTA There are 50+ year olds claiming we are in for a disaster season if we sign no one before the window closes. We have a very strong squad, and some very good young kids. It wont be the end of the world, and then we can loan a few if need be. A mid-table play-off hopeful season is a million times better than the administration we were staring at!

we were poor last season. we now have a much weaker squad. Where does this optimism come from? We are not saved from Administration either at the moment.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Jul 2014 12:44

SPARTA There are 50+ year olds claiming we are in for a disaster season if we sign no one before the window closes. We have a very strong squad, and some very good young kids. It wont be the end of the world, and then we can loan a few if need be. A mid-table play-off hopeful season is a million times better than the administration we were staring at!

It's ok everyone SPARTA says we'll be fine...

Ohh shit we're going to be relegated.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 11 Jul 2014 12:45

Cant help but wonder if the comments from the new Orient Owner about "Accounts not being in order", the fact that this years accounts have just been filed and the now apparent "Delay" are somehow connected.....

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 11 Jul 2014 12:52

paddy20

we were poor last season. we now have a much weaker squad. Where does this optimism come from? We are not saved from Administration either at the moment.

There were a lot of distractions behind the scenes and they will have affected the players, absolutely they would! We're more than good enough for a mid-table season, and these youngsters may even surprise us! I'd sooner them than a bad attitude like Drenthe in the squad.

"we have a much weaker squad" - how, who? McAnuff is replaceable. Leigertwood was way passed his sell-by-date, Roberts was good for glue.. We're not a great deal weaker.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Jul 2014 12:55

SPARTA There were a lot of distractions behind the scenes and they will have affected the players, absolutely they would! We're more than good enough for a mid-table season, and these youngsters may even surprise us! I'd sooner them than a bad attitude like Drenthe in the squad.

"we have a much weaker squad" - how, who? McAnuff is replaceable. Leigertwood was way passed his sell-by-date, Roberts was good for glue.. We're not a great deal weaker.

As if the players are thinking 'oh god, I wonder who the next owner will be' when they are marking at a corner :|

McAnuff is replaceable.....I thought we agreed there were not going to be any replacements :?:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Jul 2014 12:56

As an aside, posts with giant spaces in them are never worth the amount of annoying scrolling they require.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Jul 2014 13:00

paddy20 Sounds like we will just have to settle down and survive with the younger players and hopefully pay the bills. Avoid relegation should be the new mantra.

Perhaps oddly, to me (football-wise) that's a more exciting option than the alternative.

Getting half a dozen new players in because we have the money would be perfectly fine, but (for me) not as good as seeing the youngsters given an opportunity to develop.

And the likely necessity to get shot of one or both of McCarthy / Federici (and some others) to balance the books doesn't lead me to despair either.

I'll just re-emphasise this is just football-wise as I don't need all the potential business related repercussions listed out.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 11 Jul 2014 13:01

CholseyRoyal Is there a set time limit I wonder.

If Samrit can't get at his money to buy the club for several months, how long before SJM allows other bidders in?

who says due diligence is only being performed for and by one set of potential bidders?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 11 Jul 2014 13:03

floyd__streete
SPARTA There were a lot of distractions behind the scenes and they will have affected the players, absolutely they would! We're more than good enough for a mid-table season, and these youngsters may even surprise us! I'd sooner them than a bad attitude like Drenthe in the squad.

As if the players are thinking 'oh god, I wonder who the next owner will be' when they are marking at a corner :|

You're right, of course no one would have felt unsettled by the threat of missing payments to HMRC, or paying the players, or unmotivated by lack of investment in both transfer windows.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Jul 2014 13:04

Royal Rother Perhaps oddly, to me (football-wise) that's a more exciting option than the alternative.

Getting half a dozen new players in because we have the money would be perfectly fine, but (for me) not as good as seeing the youngsters given an opportunity to develop.

Not sure I agree tbh. Those who have a season ticket have paid £350-odd (can't remember the exact amount, I am not renewing for first time in 16 years) and would presumably want to see a competitive side with good young players being introduced as and when on merit, rather than as a a necessity.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 11 Jul 2014 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Jul 2014 13:05

floyd__streete

You are right. Brian McDermott is just a shit manager.

:wink:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Jul 2014 13:07

SPARTA You're right, of course no one would have felt unsettled by the threat of missing payments to HMRC, or paying the players, or unmotivated by lack of investment in both transfer windows.

The HMRC issue only came to light at the end of the season, did it not?

Demotivated by players not being brought in to potentially take their place, you mean?

Face it, you're wide of the mark here. Players only care that they are getting paid - no evidence to suggest that was not happening unless I have missed something you can enlighten me with - and about their next Nandos.

8684 posts