Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 11 Jul 2014 16:37

Ok, our elderly thai lady in question is Khunying Sasima Srivikorn.

Done a fair bit of research after I heard the name and can see that yes, she has some money but for the life of me I cant see the connection to football. I have a really bad feeling about this thai connection now. I really hope I am wrong.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 11 Jul 2014 16:45

She seems a bit of rock,paper,scissor wizard!

Medals...

•1996 Knight Commander of The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao
•1992 Commander (Third Class, Lower Grade) of The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao
•1991 Knight Grand Cross (First Class) of The Most Noble Order of The Crown of Thailand
•1985 Knight Commander (Second Class) of The Most Exalted Order of The White Elephant
•1983 Fourth Class of The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao
Last edited by madstadblues on 11 Jul 2014 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 11 Jul 2014 16:48

Khunying Sasima Srivikorn - hmmm - given her much more overt political connections and the political sitatuion in Thailand this is highly unlikely......

No doubt Samuelson is involved whatever is going on........

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 11 Jul 2014 17:03

madstadblues She seems a bit of rock,paper,scissor wizard!

Medals...

•1996 Knight Commander of The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao
•1992 Commander (Third Class, Lower Grade) of The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao
•1991 Knight Grand Cross (First Class) of The Most Noble Order of The Crown of Thailand
•1985 Knight Commander (Second Class) of The Most Exalted Order of The White Elephant
•1983 Fourth Class of The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao

sounds like something out of a Monty python sketch.........

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by Ouroboros » 11 Jul 2014 17:04

Top 50 elastic devices.

Top 50 sudden movements.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Jul 2014 17:14

10539.4 Miles Away Ok, our elderly thai lady in question is Khunying Sasima Srivikorn.

Done a fair bit of research after I heard the name and can see that yes, she has some money but for the life of me I cant see the connection to football. I have a really bad feeling about this thai connection now. I really hope I am wrong.

Charles is suggesting she's been involved in the beginning.

Calm down to a panic people.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 11 Jul 2014 17:19

Physics mmmhhhh :P

Hooke's law
As long as they are not stretched or compressed beyond their elastic limit, most springs obey Hooke's law, which states that the force with which the spring pushes back is linearly proportional to the distance from its equilibrium length:

F = -kx

where
x is the displacement vector – the distance and direction the spring is deformed from its equilibrium length.
F is the resulting force vector – the magnitude and direction of the restoring force the spring exerts
k is the rate, spring constant or force constant of the spring, a constant that depends on the spring's material and construction. The negative sign indicates that the force the spring exerts is in the opposite direction from its displacement
Coil springs and other common springs typically obey Hooke's law. There are useful springs that don't: springs based on beam bending can for example produce forces that vary nonlinearly with displacement.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 11 Jul 2014 17:32

Only one Trevor Morley Khunying Sasima Srivikorn - hmmm - given her much more overt political connections and the political sitatuion in Thailand this is highly unlikely......

No doubt Samuelson is involved whatever is going on........

Lol. I haven't heard his name in connection here.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Jul 2014 18:03

Wouldn't she have same problem as Samrit in getting her money out of Thailand (if that is, indeed, the problem)

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Jul 2014 18:29

Royal Rother Oh well absolutely, I completely understand that.

I am of course speaking from the position of my armchair and Stag Meadow.

There's a big difference, but I can only speak about my own perception.

So, York Road or Eynsham Park this season for you?

I wasn't having a dig at you and tbf there may well be many loyal, committed, match-attending fans who are as pro having a team full of kids learning on the job as you are. In an ideal world, I would endorse what you say 100% myself.

Dunno really, looking forward to seeing how I get on. Only need to do 10 more grounds out of the 92 league venues to complete the set too. Completely non-plussed with most aspects of modern professional football in this country these days. Particularly RFC. Contrary to popular belief I will always want them to win and will still be attending games as and when they take my fancy. Pleased that I have shaken off the shackles of the ludicrous commitment of having a season ticket. I will be suffering from some sort of reverse Stockholm Syndrome, still slating those who run the club and represent it despite not attending quite as regularly :wink:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 11 Jul 2014 18:58

WTF are you pricks talking about?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Jul 2014 19:01

windermere_royal WTF are you pricks talking about?

This is my general (unposted) reaction to the vast majority of stuff on AE.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2014 19:12

Royal Lady Wouldn't she have same problem as Samrit in getting her money out of Thailand (if that is, indeed, the problem)

Depends where her money is to start with....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jul 2014 19:30

The merits of different types of bodies of water.

Seeing as we've got man-made reservoir... what about ditch, culverted ditch, sewer, water main, water tower (same thing as man-made reservoir but a type of inline storage rather than the offline storage you probably mean), treatment works (clean and foul).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jul 2014 19:39

paddy20
SPARTA There are 50+ year olds claiming we are in for a disaster season if we sign no one before the window closes. We have a very strong squad, and some very good young kids. It wont be the end of the world, and then we can loan a few if need be. A mid-table play-off hopeful season is a million times better than the administration we were staring at!

we were poor last season. we now have a much weaker squad. Where does this optimism come from? We are not saved from Administration either at the moment.

So poor we finished 7th

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jul 2014 19:44

floyd__streete
Royal Rother Perhaps oddly, to me (football-wise) that's a more exciting option than the alternative.

Getting half a dozen new players in because we have the money would be perfectly fine, but (for me) not as good as seeing the youngsters given an opportunity to develop.

Not sure I agree tbh. Those who have a season ticket have paid £350-odd (can't remember the exact amount, I am not renewing for first time in 16 years) and would presumably want to see a competitive side with good young players being introduced as and when on merit, rather than as a a necessity.

I've got one and I'm very happy about the opportunity to seriously test our Academy next season. The higher the finish the better, but anything above 18th will be acceptable in the short-term. I think we've got a good chance of 9th - 14th and outside chances of 5th - 8th or 15th - 18th.
floyd__streete
SPARTA You're right, of course no one would have felt unsettled by the threat of missing payments to HMRC, or paying the players, or unmotivated by lack of investment in both transfer windows.

The HMRC issue only came to light at the end of the season, did it not?

Demotivated by players not being brought in to potentially take their place, you mean?

Face it, you're wide of the mark here. Players only care that they are getting paid - no evidence to suggest that was not happening unless I have missed something you can enlighten me with - and about their next Nandos.

Jimmy Kebe disagrees. He was on the verge of leaving before TSI came in because he didn't think the club's ambitions matched his. We've got a squad full of people who want to play in the Premier League and think they're good enough for it. If they think they won't achieve that with Reading their application is likely to drop and they'll agitate for a move, which will also be disruptive.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 11 Jul 2014 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2014 19:46

Ian Royal
paddy20
SPARTA There are 50+ year olds claiming we are in for a disaster season if we sign no one before the window closes. We have a very strong squad, and some very good young kids. It wont be the end of the world, and then we can loan a few if need be. A mid-table play-off hopeful season is a million times better than the administration we were staring at!

we were poor last season. we now have a much weaker squad. Where does this optimism come from? We are not saved from Administration either at the moment.

So poor we finished 7th

Yes, I would say that in way too many games we played poorly. Simply judging it against the expectations I had of the team. But in relative terms we were better than the vast majority of the teams, which is how a league works. If there were marks for style we would have been lower in the table

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 11 Jul 2014 19:47

Any lakes anywhere near you, windermere_royal?

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 11 Jul 2014 20:10

That would be a Tarn up for the books.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Jul 2014 20:36

Ian Royal Jimmy Kebe disagrees. He was on the verge of leaving before TSI came in because he didn't think the club's ambitions matched his. We've got a squad full of people who want to play in the Premier League and think they're good enough for it. If they think they won't achieve that with Reading their application is likely to drop and they'll agitate for a move, which will also be disruptive.

Couldn't disagree more really, Ian.

Kebe left during the TSI regime so not entirely sure what your point is there m8.

And a squad full of people who think they're good enough to play in the Premier League :?: Guthrie no doubt thinks he should be, perhaps Pog. Not sure about anyone else, m8. And the lack of any departures of our players to Premier League clubs thus far despite the seemingly huge financial shortfall suggests that no one else thinks we have players good enough to play in the Premier League either. And did you not see our performances during 2012/13 :?:

8684 posts