New manager Brendan Rodgers *confirmed*

1747 posts
glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

Re: who do you want as our next manager?

by glass half full » 16 May 2009 15:40

Negative_Jeff Is John Gregory the forgotten man?

Not by Grecian 2000.

loyalroyal

by loyalroyal » 16 May 2009 21:36

Snowball TOTALLY UNPROVEN? Does that mean he didn't manage Watford?

He managed them for 27 league games

His first 9 league games in charge, taking over a "relegation side" were W2 D2 L5 9-15 = 8 Points 0.89 ppg (the equivalent of a 41 point season) RELEGATED

(in that 9 they played 3 top-half sides Reading (4th), Bristol 10th, QPR (11th) )

His next 18 league games were W9 D4 L5 30-21 = 31 points 1.72 ppg (the equivalent of a 79 point season) FOURTH

(in that 18 they played EIGHT top-half sides Sheffield Utd (3rd), Burnley (5th), Wolves (Top), Swansea (8th), Cardiff (7th), Birmingham (2nd), Ipswich (9th), Wednesday (12th)

LOL - FORTH? We finished FORTH this season

HTFH

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 May 2009 21:48

It's FOURTH.

HTFH.

loyalroyal

by loyalroyal » 16 May 2009 21:53

winchester_royal It's FOURTH.

HTFH.

dont care m8, dont care

loyalroyal

by loyalroyal » 16 May 2009 21:53

The MVP Snowball is a twat.

Thought you had something in common

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 May 2009 21:56

loyalroyal

HTFH.

dont care m8, dont care

Clearly.......

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 17 May 2009 00:49

winchester_royal
loyalroyal

HTFH.

dont care m8, dont care

Clearly.......

Quite. FORTRAN or ALGOL should capitalised as they're acronyms, Forth and Pascal are not.

Cookie

by Cookie » 17 May 2009 01:42

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 May 2009 12:05

Ian Royal As usual I expect there is no set amount and that it is dealt with on a case by case situation. Find the players, put the case forward well and there's a good chance you'll get the cash you ask for.

Coppell was never confident with big money signings and preferred to rely on finding bargains and developing talent. Hence we he never spent a vast amount. Although contrary to popular belief he did still spend quite a few million.

True Coppell was never confident with big money signings. Did he ever make any with any Palace or anyone else? I don't know but I doubt it. The biggest amount he spent here he ended up making 1million profit on but we can't call that good for the team because he never went above this and never added anyone of impact to the squad, like when we needed a right winger for example. Shame.

The new manager hopefully will be good at big money spends. So it's simple: with all these untouched millions allegedly openly at Coppell's disposal Mr New Manager will find the right players and put the case forward. No excuses.

I REALLY look forward to our new manager doing this. How exciting.

Brilliant.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 May 2009 12:26

Take a look at Pardew as well. Just before he left us he spent over £1m on two players. Big money for us at the time. The money is there to be claimed, if you want to put your case forward.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 May 2009 16:24

Ian Royal Take a look at Pardew as well. Just before he left us he spent over £1m on two players. Big money for us at the time. The money is there to be claimed, if you want to put your case forward.

True.

And this time it's not money about "big money for us at the time", so we're not talking 1m, we're taling much more. It's even bigger money as we're so much richer and Coppell's untouched millions.

Can't wait.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 May 2009 16:54

:lol: Same!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2009 18:12

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Ian Royal Take a look at Pardew as well. Just before he left us he spent over £1m on two players. Big money for us at the time. The money is there to be claimed, if you want to put your case forward.

True.

And this time it's not money about "big money for us at the time", so we're not talking 1m, we're taling much more. It's even bigger money as we're so much richer and Coppell's untouched millions.

Can't wait.

You could probably reasonably expect to see us fork out maybe £1m - £1.5m each on two players (of course this is dependent on us wanting players at that price and not finding what we want elsewhere, or refusing to pay over the odds if they aren't wort it). Or £2m - £2.5m on one player and a few bargains adding up to no more than about £750k

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 18 May 2009 18:22

WHY OH WHY ROGERS, IF WE GET HIM THAT WILL SHOW NO PROGRESS BY THE CULB, IT WOULD BE A BACKWARD STEP.
WE NEED A MANAGER THAT WILL TAKE US FORWARD ON FROM COPPELL THATS WHY FROM THE NAMES BEEN PUT ABOUT ITS GOT TO BE CUBS

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2009 18:28

adamh4608 WHY OH WHY ROGERS, IF WE GET HIM THAT WILL SHOW NO PROGRESS BY THE CULB, IT WOULD BE A BACKWARD STEP.
WE NEED A MANAGER THAT WILL TAKE US FORWARD ON FROM COPPELL THATS WHY FROM THE NAMES BEEN PUT ABOUT ITS GOT TO BE CUBS

1) Caps lock = shouting and is rude, you can turn it off by pressing the "Caps Lock" button on the left hand side of your keyboard (left is the side that when you have thumb and fore finger of your hand at right angles, looks like an L [I realise I may have lost you at "right angles"]).

2) His name is Rodgers.

3) Given your inability to manage the two above and several other spelling, grammer(sic) or punctuation mistakes, I suspect your opinion isn't worth a great deal anyway.

Jez
Location: playing hide and seek with Lord Lucan and Rudolph Hess

Paul Jewell

by Jez » 18 May 2009 18:41

Took Bradford up, Kept Bradford up
Took Wigan up, Kept Wigan up....

Fair eough hes had his Nightmares as well i.e Sheff Wednesday and Derby

could he do the same with Reading?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Paul Jewell

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2009 18:43

Let's never find out.

He was laughable at Derby. And I don't just mean how they performed. I don't think anyone could have kept them up. More how he behaved.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 18 May 2009 18:44

Ian Royal
adamh4608 WHY OH WHY ROGERS, IF WE GET HIM THAT WILL SHOW NO PROGRESS BY THE CULB, IT WOULD BE A BACKWARD STEP.

1) Caps lock = shouting and is rude, you can turn it off by pressing the "Caps Lock" button on the left hand side of your keyboard (left is the side that when you have thumb and fore finger of your hand at right angles, looks like an L [I realise I may have lost you at "right angles"]).

2) His name is Rodgers.

3) Given your inability to manage the two above and several other spelling, grammer(sic) or punctuation mistakes, I suspect your opinion isn't worth a great deal anyway.

Are you another plastic fan

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 18 May 2009 18:51

Ian Royal Let's never find out.

He was laughable at Derby. And I don't just mean how they performed. I don't think anyone could have kept them up. More how he behaved.

down with Jewell's trousers, you're going down with Jewell's trousers

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 18 May 2009 18:54

Jez ....

Fair eough hes had his Nightmares as well i.e Sheff Wednesday and Derby

could he do the same with Reading?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no thanks

1747 posts