Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Buyout

by SPARTA » 16 Jul 2014 15:57

winchester_royal If it doesn't happen someone else will come in. I know Samuelson is a dirty old trickster, but Phoenix have genuine money behind them and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they bought the club. And let's not forget that since CW and JF are getting their info from the Thai side we've had a very one sided tale told to us this far.

Have they though? We all want to believe what we're told, but it's only words. Samuelson was the money man here, and now look at the comments aimed at us about the state of our books. You want him back with another group? I don't.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jul 2014 15:59

I'm a bit disappointed in winchester_royal here, the fcuking turncoat.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 16 Jul 2014 16:07

SPARTA
winchester_royal If it doesn't happen someone else will come in. I know Samuelson is a dirty old trickster, but Phoenix have genuine money behind them and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they bought the club. And let's not forget that since CW and JF are getting their info from the Thai side we've had a very one sided tale told to us this far.

Have they though? We all want to believe what we're told, but it's only words. Samuelson was the money man here, and now look at the comments aimed at us about the state of our books. You want him back with another group? I don't.

Samuelson was never the 'money man' his role was to bring together interested parties.

The Phoenix consortium (suspected to be Peak6 inv group but not completely confirmed 100%) bid is a very rich backer and the guy has a sports franchise already but doesn't mean he isn't looking at what he can get out of it.

I have yet to see any actual evidence that CS is a 'dirty old trickster' either? Can someone post something which would substantiate this allegation

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jul 2014 16:08

Reading between the lines, he tricked winchester_royal into being his bitch.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Jul 2014 16:08

SPARTA

I didn't say I 'want' him back. I said him being back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. And it would certainly be preferable to having no new owner at all. I'm not submitting to the anti-CS propaganda yet. All I've ever seen from him is someone passionate about the academy and passionate about the club (why else would he go through all this bother?). I don't think the 'books' were his fault. It was Anton's exuberance that bought in the likes of Drenthe, and I doubt it was CS's idea to give the likes of Kanu 25k a week.

If someone can actually show me proof that Samuelson RFC's version of Blowfeld then I'll join in the h8, but until then I'm staying neutral.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 16 Jul 2014 16:24

Pepe the Horseman Reading between the lines, he tricked winchester_royal into being his bitch.

Green is an ugly colour on you Pepe. Don't worry, you're still the only one I truly want x

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Jul 2014 16:40

So basically Samuelson said hello to winchy at a youth game once and now they are bestest buddies.
Last edited by sandman on 16 Jul 2014 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 16 Jul 2014 16:48

winchester_royal
SPARTA

I didn't say I 'want' him back. I said him being back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. And it would certainly be preferable to having no new owner at all. I'm not submitting to the anti-CS propaganda yet. All I've ever seen from him is someone passionate about the academy and passionate about the club (why else would he go through all this bother?). I don't think the 'books' were his fault. It was Anton's exuberance that bought in the likes of Drenthe, and I doubt it was CS's idea to give the likes of Kanu 25k a week.

If someone can actually show me proof that Samuelson RFC's version of Blowfeld then I'll join in the h8, but until then I'm staying neutral.

please clarify as this makes you look rather duplicitous at best.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 16 Jul 2014 16:52

Lol. I was wondering the same and had to double check i hadnt got my winchester_royals mixed up.

Incidentally multi, you have pm.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2014 16:57

Pepe the Horseman Might as well stick this here - our head of recruitment has been made redundant. Actually thought that was a hilarious joke due to our lack of transfer activity.

really good bloke with a very good record, massive shame to lose him over 500k

honestly, oxf*rd off vibrac

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 16 Jul 2014 17:05

My apologies, I was trying to be trite in calling him a 'dirty old trickster', but I guess that didn't come across particularly well.

Look, I'm hoping as much as anyone that we have new Thai overlords within the next 24 hours. But, I haven't seen masses of evidence to suggest that SB is the real deal, and nor have I seen masses of evidence to suggest that CS is the devil incarnate, so I won't be getting too excited either way just yet.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 16 Jul 2014 17:05

sandman So basically Samuelson said hello to winchy at a youth game once and now they are bestest buddies.

I never had the courage to approach him :(

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 16 Jul 2014 17:24

THE HUMAN BISCUIT Why have Vibrac only made their demands now? Surely their situation was clear a long time ago?

Sounds like someone is playing money games, trying to de-stabalise the Thai bid. I wonder who that could be....... ?

Two words.

First word, one syllable. Ryhymes with 'piss'.
Second word. Bible strong man, with horse-donkey in the middle.

I have spent most of my career buying and selling companies. The issue of who is responsible for legal fees is agreed at the Heads of Terms stage. This is not a legally binding document but its whats agreed. Now during the due diligence often factors will come out that will either scupper the deal or mean there is a price adjustment or whatever. Rarely does it affect the agreement about who is responsible for legal fees. Normally, but not always, each party pays their own in a company sale. For this issue to come up now strongly suggests that someone is pulling a fast one at the death. Pretty unethical but what do you expect from financiers? Unfortunately big business nowadays have very few ethics and you are seen to be a smart cookie if you can do this sort of thing. Sad really!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 Jul 2014 17:26

Just seen Samrit in the Friar Street branch of Savers buying some Nivea moisturiser and a new toothbrush.

Looked a bit pissed off tbh, but then that might have been because he was in the Friar Street branch of Savers.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jul 2014 17:29

floyd__streete John Madejski, come out and explain this monumental series of f*ck ups you have caused us

His only cock up was selling to Anton.

Struggle Pig

by Struggle Pig » 16 Jul 2014 17:31

There are various people on here and on other social media outlets that keep saying that the Thai's, SJM, cutting the transfer budget or even selling a player should be done just to get this deal done.

Why are some people so inherently stupid. Why should anyone, bend over, spread cheeks and except this fisting from Virbac.

You wouldn't go into a shop pick up an item knowing what it will cost you say £10 and when you go to the till they say actually Sir/Madam you will need to pay £13 pound. You wouldn't, pay it, you would put it down tell them to stick it and then buy it elsewhere. Rightly so.

Vibrac are disgusting and I hope something gets sorted and this takeover does go through quickly, but if you are one of the stupid one's please don't post just pay it. If it's that simple, you just pay it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jul 2014 17:36

Ian Royal
floyd__streete John Madejski, come out and explain this monumental series of f*ck ups you have caused us

:?

He wasn't very actively involved in the day to day running of the club post that sale?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 16 Jul 2014 17:52

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal

:?

He wasn't very actively involved in the day to day running of the club post that sale?

No. He announced that he had taken over day to day running on the 4th February this year. The papers reported he had done so in January after Anton threw in the towel. So there's about a week unaccounted for there if you feel like making something of it.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 Jul 2014 18:43

Struggle Pig There are various people on here and on other social media outlets that keep saying that the Thai's, SJM, cutting the transfer budget or even selling a player should be done just to get this deal done.

Why are some people so inherently stupid. Why should anyone, bend over, spread cheeks and except this fisting from Virbac.

You wouldn't go into a shop pick up an item knowing what it will cost you say £10 and when you go to the till they say actually Sir/Madam you will need to pay £13 pound. You wouldn't, pay it, you would put it down tell them to stick it and then buy it elsewhere. Rightly so.

Vibrac are disgusting and I hope something gets sorted and this takeover does go through quickly, but if you are one of the stupid one's please don't post just pay it. If it's that simple, you just pay it.

I think the proportionate analogy would be an item tagged at £25, being charged at the till as £25.50.
If I really wanted said item, I would likely pay the extra 50p.

@sonkimarsson

by @sonkimarsson » 16 Jul 2014 18:51

Everyone calm down. Samrit "liked" the Reading FC - Official page yesterday, so despite the silence, you have to feel he's still in for us. Unless something drastic has happened in the last 24 hours of course.

Basically can people please have some oxfording patience. :roll:

8685 posts