Gylfi is leaving Reading

1419 posts
Coppell's Right Footed 11

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 30 Aug 2010 20:24

toppy Jake Taylor comments on it also -

@boyhunt if it's who we think it is, everyones gunna be pretty sad for a long time to come! If it's someone different, chin up Hunty!

Whats Jake Taylors Twitter?

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 30 Aug 2010 20:30

@boyhunt if it's who we think it is, everyones gunna be pretty sad for a long time to come! If it's someone different, chin up Hunty!

http://twitter.com/TaylorUhHuh

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Aug 2010 20:45

Terminal Boardom
loyalroyal4life anyone want to buy a season ticket at the infamous mad stad for the rest of the season?

gutted he has gone the best player i have seen grace the madejski pitch in terms of pure talent

You mean to say that you did not see this happening? DO YOU NOT SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE????????????

The daft old coot is consolidating his assets and stripping those that are costing him so that he can retire to the Cayman Islands. Premier League ambitions my arse!

I am sorry but i have kept my mouth quiet not objecting peoples view on mr mad and the way he is running the club but moreso cos i thought that we would be ok for this season at least with out best players.

Now we are on the brink of losing a player who in my eyes is 1 of if not the best players to grace the pitch at madejski with not a hint of activity coming in?? I aint paying £400 for this shit.

Matty fryatt coming in would be ok but he aint no flipping gylfi!!!! his goal against leicester says it all!!! The boy is pure class. Surprised he did not hold out for a prem move though tbh
Last edited by loyalroyal4life on 30 Aug 2010 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Aug 2010 21:07

toppy

http://twitter.com/TaylorUhHuh

You 100% certain that's the same Jake Taylor that plays for RFC?

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 30 Aug 2010 21:08

Right, went out at lunch time.Back home now.

Nothing on Talk sport.

Has he gone then?

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 30 Aug 2010 21:09

loyalroyal4life
Terminal Boardom
loyalroyal4life anyone want to buy a season ticket at the infamous mad stad for the rest of the season?

gutted he has gone the best player i have seen grace the madejski pitch in terms of pure talent

You mean to say that you did not see this happening? DO YOU NOT SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE????????????

The daft old coot is consolidating his assets and stripping those that are costing him so that he can retire to the Cayman Islands. Premier League ambitions my arse!

I am sorry but i have kept my mouth quiet not objecting peoples view on mr mad and the way he is running the club but moreso cos i thought that we would be ok for this season at least with out best players.

Now we are on the brink of losing a player who in my eyes is 1 of if not the best players to grace the pitch at madejski with not a hint of activity coming in?? I aint paying £400 for this shit.

Matty fryatt coming in would be ok but he aint no flipping gylfi!!!! his goal against leicester says it all!!! The boy is pure class. Surprised he did not hold out for a prem move thought tbh

That's one of the things that bothers me most if this is true. It seems strange that with having spent so many years at RFC and with a new contract under his belt, he would up and leave for a club like Hoffmiester. If it was me I'd tell them to stuff it and wait for another club to come in. Unless ofcourse the offer has been accepted on the basis of a need for cash. If that is true then I can't see much being re-invested in the team. We shall see, I suppose. I think that the club is running a genuine risk of alienating the fans at a time when they potentially need them most.

It may be the club has a future with Gylfi, but more of a future without him. I only hope it does not have a follow on effect with the rest of the squad.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 30 Aug 2010 21:10

starliaison
working class hero
If you read the report on the official Reading fc site, it says that STAR don't like these meetings to be reported on

STAR were asked by the Club to restrict their own reporting of fora - and to ask the fans to limit reporting..... so this is sophistry of the first water! And why STAR agreed to be censored is puzzling...

It is true that the once the club asked us not to issue notes of the meeting but for much longer it has always been the policy of STAR that the forum is no press so that the manager can be more open.

STAR agreed on that occasion to ask members not to talk about the forum for a particular reason but that is the one and only time the request has been made as you would know if you came to them all. Certainly last Thursday no such request was made and in fact the boot was on the other foot as we told the RFC employee we did not want any of the questions and answers on the website hence the video with no sound on the website, so the website is correct in saying it is STAR not wanting the forum reported.

Out of interest, and my apologies if I have missed this somewhere else, but why would STAR request that fans' forum questions are not made public?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 21:14

Apparently, so there can be transparency or something. So only those who belong to STAR and go to the meeting can know what is said. :roll:

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 30 Aug 2010 21:14

Superiority complex.

They think they're better then the normal fan.

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Aug 2010 21:15

Is there something wrong with SDR?

His post looked almost normal?

I'm worried......

(oops)

Got mixed up...

Wrong person :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 30 Aug 2010 21:16

cmonurz
Out of interest, and my apologies if I have missed this somewhere else, but why would STAR request that fans' forum questions are not made public?

It was previously mooted that STAR felt that if the meetings weren't formally transcripted then the players/staff may be more forthcoming when answering certain questions.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 30 Aug 2010 21:17

I guess It costs money to join STAR. Why would you give away that which you can sell?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Aug 2010 21:17

Thou Voice Superiority complex.

They think they're better then the normal fan.

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

Please go away.

Do you see?

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 30 Aug 2010 21:18

Put me out my misery.

Has the gilfster gone to a german club I've never heard of.

Come on. A straight 'yah' or 'nein'.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 21:18

I presume members of STAR who live too far away to attend the meetings get transcripts of the meetings? :|

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 30 Aug 2010 21:18

loyalroyal4life
Terminal Boardom

Matty fryatt coming in would be ok but he aint no flipping gylfi!!!! his goal against leicester says it all!!! The boy is pure class. Surprised he did not hold out for a prem move though tbh

As he has gone to the premier league in a country that is arguably the best and most competitive in Europe, I would say that he has got his 'prem move'.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 30 Aug 2010 21:19

Gordons Cumming Is there something wrong with SDR?

I'm worried......

SRD is not SDR

SDR is SDR, Thou Voice, West Stand Flash and probably a few others.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 30 Aug 2010 21:19

Royal Lady I presume members of STAR who live too far away to attend the meetings get transcripts of the meetings? :|

Yess.

There is a hidden area on this forum for STAR members.

...and they do see? :shock:

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 30 Aug 2010 21:20

Once were Biscuitmen
Gordons Cumming Is there something wrong with SDR?

I'm worried......

SRD is not SDR

SDR is SDR, Thou Voice, West Stand Flash and probably a few others.

Proven time and time and time and time again not to be the case.

DO YOU SEE? :o

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 30 Aug 2010 21:21

loyalroyal4life
Terminal Boardom

Matty fryatt coming in would be ok but he aint no flipping gylfi!!!! his goal against leicester says it all!!! The boy is pure class. Surprised he did not hold out for a prem move thought tbh

The Bundesliga would be a far better option for him so his abilities can shine through. I am certainly not keen on Matty Fryatt though. Back to Sig, IMHO, the only youngster to come through the ranks that can be compared is Neil Webb. Sig IS that good. I agree as well about the goal on saturday. He played it forward to start with and then his break into the box was well anticipated. As for his first touch...

1419 posts