CONFIRMED - Royston Drenthe

2007 posts
SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Royston Drenthe

by SydenhamRoyal » 18 Jun 2013 23:23

jellytot Are any of you staring at this thread waiting for something to happen? Are you going quietly mad like me? Is your wife threatening to leave you if you do not sign out in a minute?

Is this signing going to be another cock up? Hammond to reveal that we have signed a league 2 striker for 10p.

If we get this season wrong I think Hammond will get the chop next!

not married to my partner; otherwise yes everything

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 18 Jun 2013 23:24

To be honest I think people are making a big deal out of nothing it's quite clear he will be a reading player, if the club are as desperate as it seems to sign him they will sort out the 'nigglles' in the contract

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 18 Jun 2013 23:36

SydenhamRoyal
jellytot Are any of you staring at this thread waiting for something to happen? Are you going quietly mad like me? Is your wife threatening to leave you if you do not sign out in a minute?

Is this signing going to be another cock up? Hammond to reveal that we have signed a league 2 striker for 10p.

If we get this season wrong I think Hammond will get the chop next!

not married to my partner; otherwise yes everything

Starting to wonder about switching off the Internet and restarting it again in early August. Might actually get stuff done then

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 18 Jun 2013 23:40

Danny Baker the other day was suggesting a complete news / media blackout during the summer transfer window. Imagine you just pitch up to the first game of the season and see who turns out for your side.

'Is that Wayne Bridge at left back?' :shock:

yappy

by yappy » 18 Jun 2013 23:41

It's not really unusual for negotiations to take the course of a few days, only thing that seems a little suspect in this case is that the contract looked like it had already been agreed. If it doesn't go through tomorrow, I'll be a little suspicious.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 18 Jun 2013 23:46

Royalcop Danny Baker the other day was suggesting a complete news / media blackout during the summer transfer window. Imagine you just pitch up to the first game of the season and see who turns out for your side.

'Is that Wayne Bridge at left back?' :shock:

I was only meaning for my Internet connection but you may have a point and switch the lot off.

I've always suspected Sir Tim Berners-Lee has an on/off switch in his basement next to the speed dial that he turns down every afternoon to reduce the humming for him to hear pointless and perfection.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 19 Jun 2013 02:22

Theroyalbox To be honest I think people are making a big deal out of nothing it's quite clear he will be a reading player, if the club are as desperate as it seems to sign him they will sort out the 'nigglles' in the contract

Racist. Sorry...couldn't resist!

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 19 Jun 2013 02:24

SIGN IT ALREADY

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 19 Jun 2013 03:37

1 a.m. deadline has passed. The Royston Drenthe era at the Madejski is over.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 19 Jun 2013 07:30

Hope he tries to win over the fans by getting himself a HNA login and announcing it on here himself

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 Jun 2013 07:33

Why am i here this bloody early!? What do i honestly think happened between 1am and now that i missed...i really need to get a grip and go back to sleep.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 19 Jun 2013 08:08

Premier League new boys Crystal Palace are on the verge of signing former Real Madrid winger Royston Drenthe after the Dutch internationals switch to Reading fell through, at the last minute, over contract negotiations.

See ^^

And you all said I was lying :roll:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 19 Jun 2013 08:13

3 o'clock press conference 8)

He's d-r-e-n-t-h-e, He's d-r-e-n-t-h-e, he knows he is, he's sure he is, He's d-r-e-n-t-h-e .

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 19 Jun 2013 08:24

I see his Wiki page has been amended

:cry:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 19 Jun 2013 09:25

Simon's Church 3 o'clock press conference 8)

He's d-r-e-n-t-h-e, He's d-r-e-n-t-h-e, he knows he is, he's sure he is, He's d-r-e-n-t-h-e .

Sauce?

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 19 Jun 2013 09:26

Can any of the more observant of you tell me what time and what day we on average announce signings?

Is there any pattern to observe? If 90% of the time its at 6pm I'm not fussing till then.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 19 Jun 2013 09:43

This wont be announced today. The club wouldnt want to overload us with good news having just revealed the joy of a Tuesday night away game at Leeds in March.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Jun 2013 09:45

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/royston-drenthes-proposed-transfer-reading-4569289

Royston Drenthe's proposed transfer to Reading has hit a slight delay, but the Dutchman’s representatives still expect the deal to be signed imminently.

The former Real Madrid winger flew into London on Monday with his father and was expected to pen a three-year deal later in the afternoon.

The signing has yet to be announced, however, and Drenthe’s agent has confirmed that there has been a slight hold-up.

Fabian Veldwijk said: “We are in Reading. There are few things that still need to be sorted out. These are small things but very important and need to be taken care of.

“We are waiting. We don’t want to rush so we are waiting peacefully.”

Despite the delay, Veldwijk insists the transfer from Russian club Alania Vladikavkaz will still go ahead.

He added: “It’s just a matter of a couple of small things being sorted before we can say out loud to the world that Drenthe has put his signature on the contract.

“The plan was he would be presented on Monday. I don’t want to say 100 per cent when it will happen. But it will be sorted out.”

If Drenthe makes the move to the Madejski Stadium, he will become boss Nigel Adkins’ second summer capture following the arrival of Wayne Bridge.

The Holland international, who spent the 2011-12 season on loan with Everton, is set to join on a free transfer after Reading activated a release clause in his contract following the relegation of Vladikavkaz.

Veldwijk revealed the 26-year-old left-sided player is thrilled about the prospect of moving to England.

“He is really excited about it,” he said.

Another player still on the radar at Reading is Celtic striker Gary Hooper. The 25-year-old, who topped the goalscoring charts at Parkhead last season, played under Royals boss Nigel Adkins when he was in charge at Scunthorpe.

It is understood that Hooper, who has one year left on his contract in Scotland, has told Celtic that he wants a move to England in a bid to boost his international career and his agent had talks with Royals on Monday.

Reading are one of several clubs interested in bringing him south.

Premier League new boys Hull City have already had a £4.5 million bid rejected.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Jun 2013 09:48

'Small things but important things.' In other words 'big things.'

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 19 Jun 2013 09:48

MmmMonsterMunch
Simon's Church 3 o'clock press conference 8)

Sauce?

I take it by the lack of reply you are talking bollox then?

2007 posts