Adkins - Pros and Cons

847 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Adkins - Pros and Cons

by Ian Royal » 30 Nov 2014 13:56

Big Foot
Royal Rother LOL Yeah, because keyboard warriors are always completely un-intimidated when face to face with "celebrity" aren't they?

As above - I'd relish the opportunity.

Take it then. Can't be hard to hang about before / after the game at his parking space or get a seat by the dug out.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 07 Dec 2014 11:21

Have supported Adkins steadfastly throughout his tenure but was left bitterly disappointed by yesterday's feeble effort which makes me question whether Adkins has the respect of this squad and is able to motivate them.

After a good win last week, you would think the players would be gagging for the next game to try and maintain the momentum and, at long last, kick start the season. Instead, for the first half at least, they played like having to turn out was an absolute chore and the couldn't wait to get back to the comfort of the training ground for another week.

I still believe that Adkins is massively hamstrung by the ownership problems which I think remain far more problematic that many realise but I would expect any manager to do the best he can with what he's got and I certainly didn't see that yesterday, or against Charlton. I don't think he should be sacked as, while we are still mired in this ownership uncertainty, we would struggle to get a decent replacement but, for the first time I really thing he should be doing a lot better and am tiring of media platitudes that there's a great spirit in the club when there's sod all evidence of it on the pitch.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Dec 2014 14:05

Why doesn't he ever appear post-match on the Football League Show like all the other managers? Is he allowed to decline?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2014 22:19

I'm seeing a suggestion that the players aren't playing for Adkins and he's lost the dressing room. But after a win away followed by a fairly poor home performance, has it occurred to anyone that it's not Adkins who's lost the players... but the fans?

Afterall, yesterday they got to play in front of an unsupportive, negative, library that expect them to play poorly and lose. And boo them when the get a point after starting to turn around a dreadful run and sort out some of the things fans have been specifically calling to be sorted out.

Our defence was letting in goal after goal after goal not that long ago. Sort out the defence was the demand. So, given the limited personel, Adkins has significantly improved he. He's brought in Kelly. He's beefed up midfield. Now unfortunately he can't field a 12th player, so someone in the attack had to get pulled for that and the only choice was the second striker.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 07 Dec 2014 22:20

With Miss Thailand yesterday

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 07 Dec 2014 22:21

cba checking for the dodd

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 07 Dec 2014 22:21

8)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Dec 2014 23:30

Ian Royal I'm seeing a suggestion that the players aren't playing for Adkins and he's lost the dressing room. But after a win away followed by a fairly poor home performance, has it occurred to anyone that it's not Adkins who's lost the players... but the fans?

Afterall, yesterday they got to play in front of an unsupportive, negative, library that expect them to play poorly and lose. And boo them when the get a point after starting to turn around a dreadful run and sort out some of the things fans have been specifically calling to be sorted out.

Our defence was letting in goal after goal after goal not that long ago. Sort out the defence was the demand. So, given the limited personel, Adkins has significantly improved he. He's brought in Kelly. He's beefed up midfield. Now unfortunately he can't field a 12th player, so someone in the attack had to get pulled for that and the only choice was the second striker.

Yeah that's it. We just don't appreciate the great football we're being served up.

yesterday was embarrassing.

Bolton were shit and if you think that performance was acceptable then you deserve to watch this team for the rest of eternity.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 07 Dec 2014 23:40

Ian Royal I'm seeing a suggestion that the players aren't playing for Adkins and he's lost the dressing room. But after a win away followed by a fairly poor home performance, has it occurred to anyone that it's not Adkins who's lost the players... but the fans?

Which is a big concern and ultimately I's surely the fault of the players/manager? The simple fact is without significant changes or a big improvement I struggle to see things improving sadly.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Dec 2014 23:47

So much nonsense in this, I've no idea where to start.
What an absolute div...

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 08 Dec 2014 01:00

A div who is desperately clinging to anything which might suggest that he and his fellow Hobnob pr+cks have not been spouting utter sh+te about Adkins for nearly 2 years.

Now it's the longing suffering fans, having been amazingly patient whilst being force fed such turgid sh+te, who are to blame :P

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 08 Dec 2014 01:16

Ima big part of the Adkins out club, I don't like the football we play and I don't like how he is more interested in the oppo than us. However we cannot afford to sack him, and realistically who is available that we don't have to pay to get. We are stuck with him, so might as well deal with it and move on

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 08 Dec 2014 09:11

gazzer, loyal royal However we cannot afford to sack him,

Is that actually true though?
We're in the half of the table which is characterised by managerial sackings. What makes us so different?
We might not WANT to pay him off, but that's different from us being unable to afford to do so.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Dec 2014 09:14

As a fan who attended I cannot see how I am to blame for this performance
I paid, I turned up, bought some awful food, shouted, sang and got cold
What did I do wrong?!

In return I saw no desire to win, no energy, no entertainment

I am afraid that is the mangers remit, not the fans

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Dec 2014 09:32

bcubed As a fan who attended I cannot see how I am to blame for this performance
What did I do wrong?!

You can't have done much shouting, the atmosphere at the match was incredibly flat, I don't know what caused it but everytime a song started up, I'd join in, only to stop 5 seconds later because I was the only one still going.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Dec 2014 10:22

bcubed As a fan who attended I cannot see how I am to blame for this performance
What did I do wrong?!

No desire to win? What planet are you on? That's one of the worst cliches ever - just because your team isn't winning doesn't mean they have 'no desire to win' .... what do you want them to do, kick the opposition off the park? Knife them in the back?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Dec 2014 10:31

Royalwaster
What did I do wrong?!

No desire to win? What planet are you on? That's one of the worst cliches ever - just because your team isn't winning doesn't mean they have 'no desire to win' .... what do you want them to do, kick the opposition off the park? Knife them in the back?

close them down in midfield would be a start

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Dec 2014 11:02

What did I do wrong?!

If you can't see that our home 'support' has been anything but over the last few games, then you live in a different world.

A 'support' so oxf*rd deluded and negative it boos a draw at half time. A 'support' who's only real effort to make noise was to call Mills a kunt.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Dec 2014 11:13

Ian Royal
What did I do wrong?!

If you can't see that our home 'support' has been anything but over the last few games, then you live in a different world.

A 'support' so oxf*rd deluded and negative it boos a draw at half time. A 'support' who's only real effort to make noise was to call Mills a kunt.

Actually the support at home has been incredibly patient. When I think back to Bullivant, Burns, Rodgers, Jim and Mick etc the crowd would have got on Adkin's back a lot sooner and a lot louder.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Dec 2014 11:15

Zana Badawi
gazzer, loyal royal However we cannot afford to sack him,

Is that actually true though?
We're in the half of the table which is characterised by managerial sackings. What makes us so different?
We might not WANT to pay him off, but that's different from us being unable to afford to do so.

I suspect paying Adkins off would prove too expensive what with FFP etc.

Ian Royal - just fook off will you. Fans, as someone said, have been bloody good - no chanting for Adkins Out or holding up banners. Maybe we should, look what's happened at Newcastle since they started doing that!

I suppose HRK decided not to go in for a tackle because he thought "bugger it, I'm not going to try and win this ball if the fans don't chant my name and love me" did he?

Absolute rubbish, as expected - we have been dire, the players we do have are not being encouraged to do anything except pass and hoof. Playing Gunter on the left when he is a right sided midfielder (as for Wales) is just a waste and that's why people get on his back, but it isn't even his fault. Dropping Cox and playing one up front was never going to result in us getting a couple of goals - we were lucky more than anything, that Bolton were pretty dire too, and we didn't concede any from them. Please don't try and tell me that we are on the road to recovery - some of our results have been more luck than judgement, or skill, or good management techniques. It's boring. I'd rather see us lose the games we have but feel we gave it a good shot, had some unlucky moments with near misses or whatever, than the turgid, dull and uninspiring football we have been served up of late.

847 posts
It is currently 01 Oct 2024 20:55