Gylfi is leaving Reading

1419 posts
PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by PEARCEY » 30 Aug 2010 21:21

I wonder if Siggy's performance for Iceland's U21's against Germany's U21's recently really raised his profile resulting in Hoffenheim's bid?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 30 Aug 2010 21:21

Row Z Royal
cmonurz
Out of interest, and my apologies if I have missed this somewhere else, but why would STAR request that fans' forum questions are not made public?

It was previously mooted that STAR felt that if the meetings weren't formally transcripted then the players/staff may be more forthcoming when answering certain questions.

Fair enough - the meetings I attended when I was a STAR member were rarely less than candid and forthcoming, so I'm surprised if that changed, certainly whilst Coppell, who was always very up front with fans, was at the helm.

Obviously I'm disappointed that, no longer a STAR member, I can't read any minutes, but tbh when I was a member, it was good to subsequently read the minutes, it's always amazing how much you miss first time around.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 30 Aug 2010 21:22

PEARCEY I wonder if Siggy's performance for Iceland's U21's against Germany's U21's recently really raised his profile resulting in Hoffenheim's bid?

As suggested several times, probably.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 30 Aug 2010 21:22

Terminal Boardom As for his first touch...

Sig's first touch vs Shane Long's first touch. Discuss. :lol:

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 30 Aug 2010 21:22

Big Foot You 100% certain that's the same Jake Taylor that plays for RFC?

H_RK and BoyHunt both follow him,

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 30 Aug 2010 21:23

So it's a done deal then?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 21:23

Two tiers of fans now. Those who pay Ten quid a year to read some transcripts of meetings about the playing staff and coaching staff and those who won't pay ten pounds a year to hear something which should be in the public domain anyway.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 30 Aug 2010 21:24

Row Z Royal
PEARCEY I wonder if Siggy's performance for Iceland's U21's against Germany's U21's recently really raised his profile resulting in Hoffenheim's bid?

I haven't read every single post on every single page of this thread. :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 30 Aug 2010 21:24

PEARCEY
Row Z Royal

I haven't read every single post on every single page of this thread. :roll:

Plastic.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Aug 2010 21:26

The problem is what is going to be going through other players minds now? Clear lack of ambition shown may well highlight to certain players that a move away would be in their best interests. Best player sold says it all

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 30 Aug 2010 21:27

Royal Lady Two tiers of fans now. Those who pay Ten quid a year to read some transcripts of meetings about the playing staff and coaching staff and those who won't pay ten pounds a year to hear something which should be in the public domain anyway.

Indeed.

They are that sensitve that even WIKILEAKS (http://wikileaks.org) had a restraining order by the SECRET TEAM APPRICIATION RESISTANCE (S.T.A.R) that they cannot be published just in case the dirty not-worthy members of HobNob may say anything bad about their heroes.

Do You See? :shock:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 30 Aug 2010 21:29

loyalroyal4life The problem is what is going to be going through other players minds now? Clear lack of ambition shown may well highlight to certain players that a move away would be in their best interests. Best player sold says it all

Or they'll step up to the pl8 and fill the void. McD will believe in his players and they'll believe in themselves.

One man does not make a team.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 30 Aug 2010 21:30

Row Z Royal
loyalroyal4life The problem is what is going to be going through other players minds now? Clear lack of ambition shown may well highlight to certain players that a move away would be in their best interests. Best player sold says it all

Or they'll step up to the pl8 and fill the void. McD will believe in his players and they'll believe in themselves.

One man does not make a team.

15-20 goals lost. No one in the current squad capable of filling that.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 30 Aug 2010 21:35

cmonurz
Terminal Boardom As for his first touch...

Sig's first touch vs Shane Long's first touch. Discuss. :lol:

sig's first touch - genius
shane long's first touch- worse than a donkeys?

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 30 Aug 2010 21:37

I think Gylfi is selling himself short if he goes to this german side that no one has heard of.

Someone suggested that the bundesliga is the arguably the best in Europe or words to that effect, which is bollocks and this team are small fry with no big names.

Gylfi is good enough to be playing for a big team, and if he made a move to top 6 prem side then fair enough, but to take a gamble and sign for a mediocre side in Germany just doesn't make sense.

Turn it down gylfi and wait for the move you deserve.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 30 Aug 2010 21:40

Basingstoke Royal I think Gylfi is selling himself short if he goes to this german side that no one has heard of.

Someone suggested that the bundesliga is the arguably the best in Europe or words to that effect, which is bollocks and this team are small fry with no big names.

Gylfi is good enough to be playing for a big team, and if he made a move to top 6 prem side then fair enough, but to take a gamble and sign for a mediocre side in Germany just doesn't make sense.

Be funny if he did after all this... I suppose

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 30 Aug 2010 21:40

Royal Lady Two tiers of fans now. Those who pay Ten quid a year to read some transcripts of meetings about the playing staff and coaching staff and those who won't pay ten pounds a year to hear something which should be in the public domain anyway.

Be fair, they do bring out that god awful embarrasment of a flag now and again, and parade themselves like a bunch of `tards !

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 30 Aug 2010 21:41

Basingstoke Royal I think Gylfi is selling himself short if he goes to this german side that no one has heard of.

Money, money, money...

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 30 Aug 2010 21:41

But if they were public then maybe they wouldn't be so forthcoming... this is a bit of a circular argument.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 30 Aug 2010 21:42

Don't agree at all. The Bundesliga is thriving at the moment with teams getting big attendance figures and not being weighed down with debt. Just because Hoffenheim don't have any star players it does not mean they are not a good side. They may just as much ambition as a lot of Premiership clubs.

1419 posts