Confirmed - Le Fondre to Cardiff

796 posts
kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Confirmed - Le Fondre to Cardiff

by kwik-silva » 29 May 2014 13:04

Sanguine
kwik-silva
Sanguine 42 appearances, 4 goals. Blackman makes early Shane Long look prolific.

He's not played many full games, and a lot of those have been out on the wing, though.

Likewise most of Long's appearances were as a sub in his first few seasons. You've got to make more of an impact than Blackman does - he rarely contributes, nevermind actually change a game. Sure, he might come good, but it's really difficult to see it happening. At least Long had pace, which he eventually married up to some ball control and positional sense. Blackman doesn't really have any of that.

Yeah of course! Thought he looked great against Wigan when he came on, some a nice run or two. Plus he didn't look awful in December/January. Scored 4, assisted one. Compared to Jobi (2g,1a), and Royston (2g,1a) that's not an awful return.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 29 May 2014 13:09

Royal Biscuitman Cardiff have a manager who was himself a super-sub in his Man United days, so maybe that's why he's signed Alfie.

Our loss, especially if we have no funds to replace him. Maybe Pog and HRK will work well together up front?... Although Blackman has a chance, maybe he'll take it?

I assume every club has a player like HRK. But it sometimes feels like its just Reading. Either came through the youth ranks or been signed on the cheap, he flirts with the first-team for a few years then 'breaks through' when, actually, injuries give him a chance or the best players at the club leave. He then manages infrequent performances that can be described as no more than 'solid' and becomes a peculiar staple in the team when its difficult to imagine him getting in any other side in the division.

We just seem so static as a club. HRK? Still? Christ. Sign someone. Anyone. I'd actually rather we just guaranteed Blackman 46 starts than kept plugging away with HRK for the sake of another 5 goals from him next season.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 May 2014 13:12

Sanguine I assume every club has a player like HRK. But it sometimes feels like its just Reading. Either came through the youth ranks or been signed on the cheap, he flirts with the first-team for a few years then 'breaks through' when, actually, injuries give him a chance or the best players at the club leave. He then manages infrequent performances that can be described as no more than 'solid' and becomes a peculiar staple in the team when its difficult to imagine him getting in any other side in the division.

We just seem so static as a club. HRK? Still? Christ. Sign someone. Anyone. I'd actually rather we just guaranteed Blackman 46 starts than kept plugging away with HRK for the sake of another 5 goals from him next season.

Agree with all this, but HRK or Blackman? Bit like choosing between lethal injection and death by firing squad.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 May 2014 13:32

I don't agree at all on Blackman. He is just the latest scapegoat. Think he has great potential and has looked pretty tidy in some games. Give him a run of games and some confidence and you would start to see him perform IMHO.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 May 2014 13:34

MmmMonsterMunch I don't agree at all on Blackman. He is just the latest scapegoat. Think he has great potential and has looked pretty tidy in some games. Give him a run of games and some confidence and you would start to see him perform IMHO.

Yep, I don't h8 him, he's just the symbol of what was a diabolical January transfer window when we were still in with a chance of maintaining Champ status. It also hasn't helped him that he's constantly been played out of position. Although he does have a sulky and disinterested demeanor at times which I guess can wind fans up a bit..

If we'd signed him last summer I think he'd be considerably more popular.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 May 2014 13:42

winchester_royal
MmmMonsterMunch I don't agree at all on Blackman. He is just the latest scapegoat. Think he has great potential and has looked pretty tidy in some games. Give him a run of games and some confidence and you would start to see him perform IMHO.

Yep, I don't h8 him, he's just the symbol of what was a diabolical January transfer window when we were still in with a chance of maintaining Champ status. It also hasn't helped him that he's constantly been played out of position. Although he does have a sulky and disinterested demeanor at times which I guess can wind fans up a bit..

I think you mean Premiership status there fella

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 May 2014 13:43

Reading4eva
winchester_royal

I think you mean Premiership status there fella

I think he means Premier League status, fella

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 May 2014 14:04

You're both right.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 29 May 2014 14:53

Sanguine
Royal Biscuitman Cardiff have a manager who was himself a super-sub in his Man United days, so maybe that's why he's signed Alfie.

Our loss, especially if we have no funds to replace him. Maybe Pog and HRK will work well together up front?... Although Blackman has a chance, maybe he'll take it?

I assume every club has a player like HRK. But it sometimes feels like its just Reading. Either came through the youth ranks or been signed on the cheap, he flirts with the first-team for a few years then 'breaks through' when, actually, injuries give him a chance or the best players at the club leave. He then manages infrequent performances that can be described as no more than 'solid' and becomes a peculiar staple in the team when its difficult to imagine him getting in any other side in the division.

So... Pog up front on his own with Karacan, Williams and Hector behind then.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 29 May 2014 14:56

Reading4eva
winchester_royal

assuming he's not a time traveller and wrote it after the coming season.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 29 May 2014 15:26

Royal Biscuitman So... Pog up front on his own with Karacan, Williams and Hector behind then.

So a player who looks isolated as a lone forward, a midfielder who has been out for a year, another who has been playing in Scotland, and another with 15 good games for the club.

And what else?

JakeTheRoyal

by JakeTheRoyal » 29 May 2014 16:18

HRK seemed to stocky last season he had look like he lost all of his pace

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 29 May 2014 16:33

Adam Meh Fondre

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 29 May 2014 16:36

soggy biscuit Adam Meh Fondre

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2014 17:37

Le Fondre must be our best (and best performing) player to have not quite fully made it here for over a decade.

To have never quite managed to force himself into being a certainty for the first XI, despite scoring 41 goals in just 110 appearances (almost half of which were as a sub), been our top scorer in all three seasons he was here and managed the same impact at PL level as Championship is quite incredible really. Compared to the extremely expensive Pogrebnyak who has got an (actually quite decent) 21 in 73, almost all starts.

We are going to really miss his goals.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 29 May 2014 17:42

Not for 11 months of the year we won't

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2014 17:43

kwik-silva
Sanguine 42 appearances, 4 goals. Blackman makes early Shane Long look prolific.

He's not played many full games, and a lot of those have been out on the wing, though.

That's mainly because he's a shit striker and a shit winger. At best he's a good wide forward in an attacking three. But he's just not good enough to force that change of shape. Maybe, just maybe he'll come good if he's in Adkins plans for a system that will actually suit him.

But if we're playing him regularly as a winger or a striker, we're in for a season of disappointment. To steal a phrase from Floyd (I think) he's just bang average. And that's being generous. £1m+? That has to be one of the worst transfer deals of the last 10 years and we've had some stonkers.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 29 May 2014 17:59

Anyone who thinks it's no great loss, this squad is getting weaker, and where the hell will the goals come from ?

Alf will out score any of our so called strikers next season.

notloyalenuffroyal

Re: Rumour - Le Fondre To West Brom or....

by notloyalenuffroyal » 29 May 2014 18:30

tidus_mi2 Knowing our fans we'll still sing his oxf*rd song at matches.

Oh Adam no longer.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 29 May 2014 19:43

Always hoped the 'tard drummer would bring in a trombone and each time Le Fondre missed he could blow it and the fans could sing 'Adam Le Fondre' to the somewhat short tune 'have a banana'

Baaaoooowaaa Adam Le Foooooondre

alas, the chance has slipped through our fingers it seems

796 posts