Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by maffff » 25 Nov 2013 11:58

SPARTA
maffff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love this thread.

I remember when you first joined this forum. You offered sensible insight, a pinch of reliable ITK, but generally a sensible opinion. Now all I see if you post smilies and join in the so called 'banter' on here. Why not chip in with some sensible opinion, or dare I say it, share something you may know what the average fan doesn't?

Been beaten down into HNA? ways and I've given up really saying anything anymore after the vitriol of last summer. Happy to mostly keep things to myself and :mrgreen: at what goes on here. A lot of it really is :lol:able. Don't think I've made any digs at you though? You're normally one of the more sensible here.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 25 Nov 2013 12:00

Icke Maybe it was the bit where you called him a bullshitter?

Pfft. Thats a relatie compliment for this forum.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Nov 2013 12:15

multisync1830
SPARTA
3points daddy's money was used to fund the initial purchase, but AZ had to find the rest to "prove" himself to daddy that he's a "serious" businessman. AZ failed, hence no purchase of the remaining 49%. AZ is done at Reading FC, and there's no money coming from any source in Russia. We will be tightening the purse strings in January.

No one actually knows that though, do they?! A few fans claim to be ITK and say that's the case, but AZ has an estimated personal wealth of approx £100m himself, and TSI is supposed to be a group of investors. This is partly why the FAPPT was delayed as not all of them wanted to be known. Anton is merely the face of TSI. Even if you shrug that off for thinking it's wrong, perhaps we've been mislead etc; Anton still has his own money! If my son had money to invest in something but asked me to spend mine instead, I'd tell him to jog on...

I am curious as to where this estimate of 100m for his personal wealth came from as my hunch is that cannot be anywhere near true as he has always been an employee of his father and hence unlikely to have been in a position to amass that not inconsiderable sum

In his own right Anton is worth more than that, The Sun got closer to the mark a year ago.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... mmand.html

AZ declared slightly under that himself, and declared for BZ £3.14bn to the Premier League [I've seen the documents]. The £3.14bn [about a quarter of what Mittal is worth] was subsequently leaked.

Evidence held shows that BZ is worth a bit more than that........ but BZ's finances have certainly come under a fair amount of scrutiny, the only two other chairmen with files held here about their fortunes are also Russian, funnily enough.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Nov 2013 12:32

maffff In his own right Anton is worth more than that, The Sun got closer to the mark a year ago.

AZ declared slightly under that himself, and declared for BZ £3.14bn to the Premier League [I've seen the documents]. The £3.14bn [about a quarter of what Mittal is worth] was subsequently leaked.

Evidence held shows that BZ is worth a bit more than that........ but BZ's finances have certainly come under a fair amount of scrutiny, the only two other chairmen with files held here about their fortunes are also Russian, funnily enough.

You're in the SFO?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Nov 2013 12:35

Uke You're in the SFO?

No, good guess though.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Nov 2013 13:36

maffff
SPARTA
maffff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love this thread.

I remember when you first joined this forum. You offered sensible insight, a pinch of reliable ITK, but generally a sensible opinion. Now all I see if you post smilies and join in the so called 'banter' on here. Why not chip in with some sensible opinion, or dare I say it, share something you may know what the average fan doesn't?

Been beaten down into HNA? ways and I've given up really saying anything anymore after the vitriol of last summer. Happy to mostly keep things to myself and :mrgreen: at what goes on here. A lot of it really is :lol:able. Don't think I've made any digs at you though? You're normally one of the more sensible here.

Yeah I'm not digging at you either, it's just a shame to lose a decent contributor that's all.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 25 Nov 2013 13:56

maffff
In his own right Anton is worth more than that, The Sun got closer to the mark a year ago.

I am curious as to what level worth is means tested. If they declared a worth of xyz what process is in place for due diligence?

Large businesses especially when there is a single figurehead tend to have extremely complicated structures. (Think Beardy Branson and Ecclestone ) so getting a final true figure would be damn near impossible. Also is this 3.14b net worth or a full asset based figure as the figure for BZ varies somewhat

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 25 Nov 2013 23:36

sputnik
loyalroyaldaz I have heard that AZ is wanted on money laundering charges in the US.

Source ?

Never you mind Sir but i am told the source is from within the club and we wont see AZ back here.

I hope its all bollocks but its looking grim.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Nov 2013 10:49

Uke
multisync1830
Harpers So Solid Crew Andrew Obolensky. Shares in tsi owned by 4 people. Its on the rfc site.
Fwiw alledgeddly dodgy banker

my understanding is that AZ is sole shareholder, the rest are directors only.

^^ This is what's on the RFC site

TSI is 100% Anton, no one else is liable

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/global/company-details.aspx

Yeah misinformation there from me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18237811

https://reportingproject.net/undergroun ... &Itemid=23

Nice to have Andrew Obolensky on board TSI.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Nov 2013 10:56

And way too late really, but in the promotion season our wages were almost 50% up on the season before. And is that not our bigest ever operating loss?

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/sou ... reading-fc

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 26 Nov 2013 11:10

SPARTA
maffff
SPARTA

Yeah I'm not digging at you either, it's just a shame to lose a decent contributor that's all.

Get a room!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Nov 2013 18:34

Harpers So Solid Crew And way too late really, but in the promotion season our wages were almost 50% up on the season before. And is that not our bigest ever operating loss?

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/sou ... reading-fc

Which may suggest that the money paid upfront by TSI before they "bought" their share didn't cover the additional costs

SJM must have pushed the boat out desperate to look good and sell to the shiny new Russians

And so we end up even further up shite creek

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 26 Nov 2013 20:27

SPOTTED

Chris Samuelson at the U21 game

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Nov 2013 21:06

winchester_royal SPOTTED

Because he hasn't got the money to buy a ticket for a ticketed game

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 26 Nov 2013 22:28

winchester_royal SPOTTED

SPOTTED - Nerd who would even consider going to a reserves game.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 26 Nov 2013 22:32

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 01 Dec 2013 19:04

Tim Dellors comment yesterday of "There is more chance of seeing Lord Lucan ride into the Madstad on the back of Shergar than Anton being there" seems to confirm much of what has been rumoured.
I would hazard a guess that he has pretty good inside knowledge.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 Dec 2013 19:32

If, as now seems likely, his idea was to come here and use RFC as a real life CM game! using his "encyclopaedic knowledge of football" then good riddance

I wonder he'll ever come back to the UK or the USA.

Wonder where our next new Messiah will come from, the rumour of the Middle East Messiahs seems to have gone quiet lately

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2013 19:57

Plenty of chat before the Forest game that he was looking to make a quick buck and sell it on a couple of years later for a profit, but simply couldn't raise the finance to buy the last 49%. Seems a pretty reasonable theory to me, but how much hard truth there is behind it is a mystery.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 01 Dec 2013 20:59

winchester_royal Plenty of chat before the Forest game that he was looking to make a quick buck and sell it on a couple of years later for a profit, but simply couldn't raise the finance to buy the last 49%. Seems a pretty reasonable theory to me, but how much hard truth there is behind it is a mystery.

Well now he'll be doing his best to sell his 51% then, but he wont see much in the way of a profit if we don't go back up this season. What you say here supports the initial rumours a few months ago about AZ looking for a buyer. The whole thing is very unsettling, whatever the truth behind it all is.

8684 posts