Adkins - Pros and Cons

847 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Adkins - Pros and Cons

by leon » 08 Dec 2014 11:20

It's everyone else's fault apart from the manager that the team are incapable of even stringing there passes together. The Thais, the Russians, Brian McDermott and now it's the supporters.

Desperate stuff from Ian Royal here.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Dec 2014 11:42

Patient with adkins and supportive of the team are not the same thing.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Dec 2014 11:44

Ian Royal Patient with adkins and supportive of the team are not the same thing.

indeed. So now it's the players fault?

This is all a bit too fast paced for me.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 08 Dec 2014 11:55

tidus_mi2
bcubed As a fan who attended I cannot see how I am to blame for this performance
I paid, I turned up, bought some awful food, shouted, sang and got cold
What did I do wrong?!

In return I saw no desire to win, no energy, no entertainment

I am afraid that is the mangers remit, not the fans

You can't have done much shouting, the atmosphere at the match was incredibly flat, I don't know what caused it but everytime a song started up, I'd join in, only to stop 5 seconds later because I was the only one still going.

it stopped after YOU joined in

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Dec 2014 18:38

For all those who want Adkins out did you hear the Hammond interview on Saturday on BBCRB.

NH basically admitted that Adkins had been shafted by Anton and all the promises made had been reneged on. And it is hardly motivational to many of our out of contract players to know they have no future at the club because the Thais cannot invest or even offer new contracts without breaching the FFP rules. We have also faced the worst injury list I can ever recall over the last 18 months and frankly the club behind the scenes has been a complete mess.

Whether we like it or not unless there is a remarkable turn round of form in the second half of the season the best we can hope for this season is likely to be survival.

But what we can rejoice in is that 6 of the 14 who played on Saturday are Academy products and there two more on the bench. Few clubs will have 8 Academy products in the match day 18. And that does not even include the likes of Federici and Andersen who both joined at a young age too.

Assuming a play off run does not emerge and that we are fairly safe from relegation, the best thing NA can do will be to give the likes of Tshibola and Kuhl more time as the season progresses and then with a few additions next summer to fill the gaps, we should have a half decent squad next season.

Then judge NA this time next season if he does not deliver.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Dec 2014 18:41

andrew1957 For all those who want Adkins out did you hear the Hammond interview on Saturday on BBCRB.

NH basically admitted that Adkins had been shafted by Anton and all the promises made had been reneged on. And it is hardly motivational to many of our out of contract players to know they have no future at the club because the Thais cannot invest or even offer new contracts without breaching the FFP rules. We have also faced the worst injury list I can ever recall over the last 18 months and frankly the club behind the scenes has been a complete mess.

Whether we like it or not unless there is a remarkable turn round of form in the second half of the season the best we can hope for this season is likely to be survival.

But what we can rejoice in is that 6 of the 14 who played on Saturday are Academy products and there two more on the bench. Few clubs will have 8 Academy products in the match day 18. And that does not even include the likes of Federici and Andersen who both joined at a young age too.

Assuming a play off run does not emerge and that we are fairly safe from relegation, the best thing NA can do will be to give the likes of Tshibola and Kuhl more time as the season progresses and then with a few additions next summer to fill the gaps, we should have a half decent squad next season.

I don't really want him out. I just want him to win a few games.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Dec 2014 18:56

leon
andrew1957 For all those who want Adkins out did you hear the Hammond interview on Saturday on BBCRB.

We are mid-table for Pete's sake - several other teams did a lot better in our position. Look at Saints and Wolves after they came down and went straight down to League 1. Our fans really have much too high expectations of Adkins - spoiled through the success in previous years despite continuous lack of investment has made them expect that level of success year in, year out.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Dec 2014 19:06

The only thing that is relevant is that Nigel Adkins has had players available to him that are collectively better than those available to the opposition and failed time and again to get the results.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Dec 2014 19:21

P!ssed Off The only thing that is relevant is that Nigel Adkins has had players available to him that are collectively better than those available to the opposition and failed time and again to get the results.

Really - I would say Bolton had a far stronger and more experienced squad on Saturday!

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Dec 2014 19:44

andrew1957
P!ssed Off The only thing that is relevant is that Nigel Adkins has had players available to him that are collectively better than those available to the opposition and failed time and again to get the results.

Really - I would say Bolton had a far stronger and more experienced squad on Saturday!

Well then I would say you're a bit daft.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Dec 2014 21:19

NH basically admitted that Adkins had been shafted by Anton and all the promises made had been reneged on

Then he can walk away with his head held high

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Dec 2014 22:53

P!ssed Off
andrew1957

Not sire why I am bothering but

Lonergen - experienced keeper
Vela - young academy product - well thought of
Mills - was a good player here - even if he left under a cloud
Dervite - very experienced at this level
Ream - as above
Danns - as above
Pratley - experienced at Championship and PL level
Feeney - experienced at Championship level;
Lee Ching-yong - best player on the pitch by a mile - very experienced
Clayton - Top young player from Crewe
Davies - very experienced PL striker.

The only surprise is how poorly Bolton started this season but they are probably contenders for a top half finish.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Dec 2014 23:23

Ian Royal
bcubed As a fan who attended I cannot see how I am to blame for this performance
What did I do wrong?!

If you can't see that our home 'support' has been anything but over the last few games, then you live in a different world.

A 'support' so oxf*rd deluded and negative it boos a draw at half time. A 'support' who's only real effort to make noise was to call Mills a kunt.

Our support is not great but it rarely is

I think most people here are saying the performances are not the crowds fault. Seems ridiculous to have to even write that!

No, the manager must take the blame and if he gets anywhere near a team that plays like it cares and the players know what each other are supposed to be doing and there's a semblance of technique and skill, the crowd will get behind him and the team. That's how it works, simple

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Dec 2014 23:39

Royalwaster
leon

We are mid-table for Pete's sake - several other teams did a lot better in our position. Look at Saints and Wolves after they came down and went straight down to League 1. Our fans really have much too high expectations of Adkins - spoiled through the success in previous years despite continuous lack of investment has made them expect that level of success year in, year out.

Trust me, I've been supporting reading long enough not to expect anything. So you're wide of the mark I'm afraid.

This squad is better than the performances we've been served up since Adkins took over.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Dec 2014 23:42

andrew1957
P!ssed Off
andrew1957

Not sire why I am bothering but

Ream - as above
Danns - as above

The only surprise is how poorly Bolton started this season but they are probably contenders for a top half finish.

You've confused Craig Davies with Kevin Davies. I think that says it all really.
Very daft indeed...

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 08 Dec 2014 23:51

leon This squad is better than the performances we've been served up since Adkins took over.

And this is the crux of it all. It was true last season & it's true this season.

Even more so this season as the players looked like they cared for some parts of last season - this time around they've all given up.

We should never have lost 6th spot with 2 mins of the season left. That should have been in the bag a few weeks earlier for sure. He had plenty enough talent at his disposal & failed to capitalise.

This season I don't doubt the squad is a little weaker but come on! He should be doing better. Look at the likes of Brentford FFS. Fed up of hearing the money excuses - there are plenty of team with weaker squads than ours.

The league is so mediocre this season as well that's the hugely frustrating thing. What an opportunity this season was and we've completely blown it....Not a patch on the standard we saw when we won it in 2012 - not even remotely close IMO.

So many people I know are boycotting the games now. Many of these people would have never dreamed of doing that in the past & are hardened fans.

He is sucking the life out of the club & is the last remnant of the TSI era that needs flushing down the toilet. Fcuk it sell McCleary & use the cash to pay him off. Will be worth it to actually enjoy going again.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 Dec 2014 10:30

P!ssed Off
andrew1957
andrew1957

Not sure why I am bothering but

Ream - as above
Danns - as above

You've confused Craig Davies with Kevin Davies. I think that says it all really.
Very daft indeed...

You are obviously a very sad and lonely inadequate who has nothing better to do than pick holes in everything anyone else says. Well good luck with that. I hope your tiny victory in pointing out a small error on my part has given you joy at this Christmas season. And so as you go home tonight please do take pleasure at my expense.

But the point remains that Bolton have a strong squad.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Dec 2014 10:36

andrew1957
P!ssed Off
andrew1957
Not sure why I am bothering but

Ream - as above
Danns - as above

Very daft indeed...

You are obviously a very sad and lonely inadequate who has nothing better to do than pick holes in everything anyone else says. Well good luck with that. I hope your tiny victory in pointing out a small error on my part has given you joy at this Christmas season. And so as you go home tonight please do take pleasure at my expense.

But the point remains that Bolton have a strong squad.

I wouldn't have said it was stronger than ours though, and confusing Craig Davies with Kevin Davies is not a small error. One is mixed race, 28 and plays for Bolton, the other is white, 37 and plays for Preston.

If you did the analysis of our squad, barring the two central defenders and Obita ours was a very experienced team with lots of full internationals who are vastly experienced at this level and higher.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Dec 2014 11:42

bcubed
Ian Royal
What did I do wrong?!

If you can't see that our home 'support' has been anything but over the last few games, then you live in a different world.

A 'support' so oxf*rd deluded and negative it boos a draw at half time. A 'support' who's only real effort to make noise was to call Mills a kunt.

Our support is not great but it rarely is

I think most people here are saying the performances are not the crowds fault. Seems ridiculous to have to even write that!

No, the manager must take the blame and if he gets anywhere near a team that plays like it cares and the players know what each other are supposed to be doing and there's a semblance of technique and skill, the crowd will get behind him and the team. That's how it works, simple

It's all very easy to blame adkins for the players looking sluggish, but the fans are an obvious factor. It was a suggestion to consider. Not saying everything is the fans fault. But they're certainly not helping.

Who would you prefer to put effort in for? The positive guy you work with every day, or the moody bastards who sit in silence apart from the occasional shoit of abuse or booing at the end. I know how I'd feel playing for us at home right now. Nervous and demotivated.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Dec 2014 12:20

Ian Royal It's all very easy to blame adkins for the players looking sluggish, but the fans are an obvious factor.

Stop repeating this absolute bollocks

847 posts