Pogrebnyak

964 posts
Huckleberry Hound

Re: Pogrebnyak

by Huckleberry Hound » 25 Oct 2013 13:50

Handsome Man
As much as I love Pog, we still have to get rid of him in January. We are stuffed if he is still here at the end of the season and we haven't been promoted.

Maybe we should try & get promoted then

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 25 Oct 2013 13:52

teignmouth hoops Still feel he is an over-rated moody player, if he is so good now, why did he not produce any of it last season when we needed him to, and don't say its all about the service, last season he didn't give a toss for the majority of the time

Good to see someone else feel the same

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 25 Oct 2013 14:59

Reading4eva
teignmouth hoops Still feel he is an over-rated moody player, if he is so good now, why did he not produce any of it last season when we needed him to, and don't say its all about the service, last season he didn't give a toss for the majority of the time

Good to see someone else feel the same

Tiresome w*nker. get over it !

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2013 11:16

Pepe the Horseman

You're an over-rated moody poster.

Ahh, the 'couldn't give a toss' argument for poor perfomance. The last resort of the near terminally clueless when it comes to understanding football.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Oct 2013 11:30

teignmouth hoops Still feel he is an over-rated moody player, if he is so good now, why did he not produce any of it last season when we needed him to?

That would be due to Brian's unique brand of man-management.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Oct 2013 13:49

I agree you guys should get off his Pogrebnyback

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Oct 2013 19:39

NewCorkSeth I agree you guys should get off his Pogrebnyback

Ouch :oops:

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 26 Oct 2013 21:10

The people who moan at Pav are the same morons who don't understand football and the roles each player plays. This season Pav has put in a shift every week, held the ball up well, scored a few and been a great asset to the starting 11.

Alfie hit the post today when it was harder to miss than score ( a yard out) and if Pav had missed you would all be on his back making him the scape. Today he was one of our better players.

Alfie trots around believing he is gods greatest gift when actually Pav works much harder for the team .

In short (like Alfie) and fat.... Get off pavs back!

John Peel

by John Peel » 27 Oct 2013 08:59

Agreed. One of our better players and put in a real shift. Made a couple of solid defensive clearances from our box and kept having to come deep and win the ball because the service he was getting was pants.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 27 Oct 2013 09:39

John Peel Agreed. One of our better players and put in a real shift. Made a couple of solid defensive clearances from our box and kept having to come deep and win the ball because the service he was getting was pants.

+1 although he still gives me the shit's when he starts to slide in on a challenge.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Oct 2013 11:24

peterroyal76
John Peel Agreed. One of our better players and put in a real shift. Made a couple of solid defensive clearances from our box and kept having to come deep and win the ball because the service he was getting was pants.

+1 although he still gives me the shit's when he starts to slide in on a challenge.

But at least he pulled out of a couple!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 27 Oct 2013 11:44

moonwalklikebas Alfie hit the post today when it was harder to miss than score ( a yard out) and if Pav had missed you would all be on his back making him the scape. Today he was one of our better players

That was in front of me and whilst I've not seen a replay it looked about 6 yards out, directing a low cross onto the inside of the post. Looked unlukcy to me rather than a glaring miss.

Thought Pog worked hard again.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Oct 2013 21:55

Pog works harder, and does more but is less of a goal threat. Alf does not do enough to start though and should have really scored yesterday. For me Pog every day of the week though, with people like Sharp and Alf to come off the bench.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 28 Oct 2013 00:38

My extra z makes me so much much of a fan :D

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 29 Oct 2013 20:08

moonwalklikebas The people who moan at Pav are the same morons who don't understand football and the roles each player plays. This season Pav has put in a shift every week, held the ball up well, scored a few and been a great asset to the starting 11.

Alfie hit the post today when it was harder to miss than score ( a yard out) and if Pav had missed you would all be on his back making him the scape. Today he was one of our better players.

Alfie trots around believing he is gods greatest gift when actually Pav works much harder for the team .

In short (like Alfie) and fat.... Get off pavs back!

But he's not paid to put a shift in. He's paid to score goals and influence games as our star player - he does neither.
Saying its OK for him to be ineffective because ALF is ineffective is just a ridiculous argument.

He is just so goal shy. He likes to play the ball backwards or run sideways - for a striker - the number of times he is actually facing the opposition goal, let alone running towards it, is miniscule. And don't give me the we're an uncreative team nonsense - so many players have hidden behind that. If he is the club's top earner, he has to start behaving like one and create his own chances. The fact that we spent most of last year resurrecting the Chelsea gif, shows how few games in a season he influences. At least ALF influenced the games in January and the other games in previous seasons where he scored a late brace. ALF can be a match winner. Pav has done nothing noteworthy and for a man who was supposed to be a star player in the premiership, he DEFINITELY should be one in the Championship. And he isn't - he's a massive disappointment. I sometimes feel we give the ball to him so he can build his confidence up, and for a grown man on a big wage, that's rather worrying.

The fact we got a striker on loan speaks volumes.
The fact that Blackman started the season ahead of him speaks volumes.

No amount of 'putting in a shift' disguises his weaknesses. I can only hope that Jason Roberts' contract finally ends someday, so we can go into the transfer market with some more vigour. Strikers ain't cheap and to have our two supposed best ones not performing is just clogging up the system. There is nothing about this situation we should be making excuses for.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 29 Oct 2013 20:10

Maguire
moonwalklikebas Alfie hit the post today when it was harder to miss than score ( a yard out) and if Pav had missed you would all be on his back making him the scape. Today he was one of our better players

That was in front of me and whilst I've not seen a replay it looked about 6 yards out, directing a low cross onto the inside of the post. Looked unlukcy to me rather than a glaring miss.

Thought Pog worked hard again.

Agreed on both. Some of our fans are moronic and just look for something/someone to moan about.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 29 Oct 2013 20:18

Pogrebnyak is playing brilliantly at the moment and goals will come if he carries on with the same attitude.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Oct 2013 20:32

Maguire

There's a massive clue (nice white line) if it was about six yards out! :wink: Truth was it was closer than that. It was a bad miss - it would have been better had he left the cross as Pog was better placed outside him to side foot home. That might have got some of those who think he isn't doing enough off his back!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Oct 2013 22:48

RoyalBlue
Maguire

There's a massive clue (nice white line) if it was about six yards out! :wink: Truth was it was closer than that. It was a bad miss - it would have been better had he left the cross as Pog was better placed outside him to side foot home. That might have got some of those who think he isn't doing enough off his back!

Regardless of how far out it was, that is nonsense. If the ball comes near you that close to the goal you stick your bloody foot out, particularly if your the sort of poacher Alf is. You'd be deserving of total crucifiction if you didnt.

At the end of the day, under pressure from a defender and stumbling, he got a foot on it, hit the inside of the post and nearly scored. Yes, you'd like him to do better, but you've got to be barking mad if you expect him to pass up the chance of trying to put it in.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 09 Nov 2013 14:33

played his socks off today, gotta be one of his best perofrmances so far. a couple of them lil chest downs were lovely to watch

964 posts