Summer Rebuild

1897 posts
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Summer Rebuild

by RG30 » 08 Jun 2015 15:53

Pepe the Horseman They still haven't announced Feds leaving have they? Just printed that thank you note from him.

He's still listed on the player profiles :lol:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Jun 2015 16:00

so since relegation we have released/ sold the following

1.Jimmy kebe
2.Adrian Mariappa
3.Karl Sheppard,
4.Chris baird
5.Jason Roberts
6.Stuart Taylor
7.Kaspars Gorkss
8.Wayne Bridge
9.Mikele Leigertwood
10.Jobi McAnuff
11.Adam Le Fondre
12.Daniel Carrico
13.Sean Morrison
14.Alex McCarthy
15.Shaun Cummings
16.Royston Drenthe
17.Zat Knight
18.Jure Travner
19.Danny Guthrie
20.Ryan Edwards
21.Yakubu
22.Adam Federici
23.Alex Pearce
24.Jem Karacan?
25.Mikkel Andersen?
26.Stephen Kelly?

Players In still at the club.

Simon Cox
Anton Ferdinand
Oliver Norwood
Danny Williams

& there are quite a few youngsters in the out list i could have added to

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Jun 2015 16:02

RG30
Pepe the Horseman They still haven't announced Feds leaving have they? Just printed that thank you note from him.

He's still listed on the player profiles :lol:

Well technically he is still our player...

I'm not sure what the club can really say though be honest. Do you want them to make a song and dance about being rejected by a player who doesn't want to be here any more? There isn't a lot of 'news' to crow about when you can't afford to keep a couple of players.

If this is a sign that we're going to get less bullshit and non-stories from the web and social team at the club them I'm quite happy about it.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Jun 2015 16:13

Players left in the squad that currently have a squad number and have not come through our academy.

1.Chris Gunter
2.Anton Ferdinand
3.Pierce Sweeney
4.Oliver Norwood
5.Garath McCleary
6.Hope Akpan
7.Danny Williams
8.Pavel Pogrebnyak
9.Nick Blackman

JIM

by JIM » 08 Jun 2015 16:37

Darren Bent to DERBY, who will we get, another crock, Thank fully none on the transfer market yet. But keep looking our scouts will find us one, :shock:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Jun 2015 16:59

WoodleyRoyal Players left in the squad that currently have a squad number and have not come through our academy.

1.Chris Gunter
2.Anton Ferdinand
3.Pierce Sweeney
4.Oliver Norwood
5.Garath McCleary
6.Hope Akpan
7.Danny Williams
8.Pavel Pogrebnyak
9.Nick Blackman

Sweeney is classed as academy.

That puts us down to 8...........

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Jun 2015 17:03

I know some have scoffed at the comparison to Blackpool, as we have something like 30 odd senior* players on our books. But when you look at that list it's hard not to.

*senior as they have a squad number but let's be honest most are youth players

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 08 Jun 2015 17:19

What more can they say? They can start by confirming the backroom staff departures, perhaps some quotes from NH or SC about it and the players who have left, maybe they can tell us what the plans are for the summer? Maybe an update on contract negotiations? Or something entirely different, confirm the last pre-season fixture or the fucking kits I don't care. Anything to stop the perception that everyone's on holiday.

It's bad when the local rag announces significant news hours or even days before the club does, as has happened consistently in the last month

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 08 Jun 2015 17:20

WoodleyRoyal Players left in the squad that currently have a squad number and have not come through our academy.

1.Chris Gunter
2.Anton Ferdinand shit
3.Pierce Sweeney academy
4.Oliver Norwood
5.Garath McCleary
6.Hope Akpan shit
7.Danny Williams
8.Pavel Pogrebnyak shit
9.Nick Blackman shit

:lol: @ me for renewing

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Jun 2015 17:26

There's months left of the window and most of you keep saying how Pearce, Federici and Karacan are all "replaceable".

Go out and smell the flowers FFS.
Last edited by sandman on 08 Jun 2015 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 08 Jun 2015 17:35

sandman There's months left of the window and most of you keep saying how Pearce, Federici and Karacan are all replaceable.

Go out and smell the flowers FFS.

We don't have enough money to replace Feds & Pearce (& possible Jem + Kelly) whilst strengthening the areas where we fell short last season. Your optimism is mis-placed. Fold the club.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Jun 2015 17:36

Whoosh?

And anyway, there's months left of the transfer window.

And I prefer coffee.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Jun 2015 17:55

Far too much talk about INDIVIDUALS here. A good TEAM is what wins football matches.

For much of the season BBRB (and probably many on here) were saying when you look at the individuals in the squad we should be in a MUCH better position than bottom 3rd...

That's as maybe but quite plainly the TEAM was not good enough.

Now it appears there's huge pessimism about not being able to replace the players leaving with those of similar / better quality - but, regardless of the fact there's months left before the transfer window closes, it's hardly rocket science to point out that we don't necessarily need new players who are individually as good as the ones we are losing to create a better TEAM.

Let's wait and see what Clarke can put together.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 08 Jun 2015 18:15

Royal Rother Far too much talk about INDIVIDUALS here. A good TEAM is what wins football matches.

For much of the season BBRB (and probably many on here) were saying when you look at the individuals in the squad we should be in a MUCH better position than bottom 3rd...

Now it appears there's huge pessimism about not being able to replace the players leaving with those of similar / better quality - but, regardless of the fact there's months left before the transfer window closes, it's hardly rocket science to point out that we don't necessarily need new players who are individually as good as the ones we are losing to create a better TEAM.

What's more concerning is we are trusting one of the most important summer transfer windows in some time to someone who was sacked from his previous role and had an awful transfer record with them.

I doubt there is any money to spend anyway so he can't do too much damage I suppose.

Our club is in such a mess :lol:

RFC has changed so dramatically in recent years. It's almost like they have switched the lights off and gone home. I know it's only early in the window but the silence is deafening.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 08 Jun 2015 18:19

If we are caught up in this Thailand story in any way then I don't expect any movement whatsoever in......

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Jun 2015 18:29

Fine! Let's go spunk a load of cash on signing on fees for players that have been released by the mighty Swindon.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jun 2015 18:36

Royal Rother Far too much talk about INDIVIDUALS here. A good TEAM is what wins football matches.

Although in Pearce and Federici, you have two players who always put a shift in to pull their weight in the team, and weren't individuals you'd put down as underperforming their ability - certainly last season. At least I wouldn't.

Not time to panic, but you must surely admit some positive news would be nice.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Jun 2015 19:52

Some experienced centre halves who might be available:

Jonathan Woodgate - not used at Boro last season, promotion makes him surplus, another Gorkss or another Ferdinand?
Richard Dunne - WCBAP
Maynor Figueroa - left back cover
Kevin McNaughton - covers both full back positions
Aaron Hughes - past it?
Danny Shittu - one great season for QPR ten years ago which he's arguably lived off since. Could recapture it with us?
Roger Johnson - similarly, living off Birmingham's cup run. See Dunne and Shittu.
Paul McShane - once a promising Man United defender, but never first choice at his clubs and error prone. Would be first choice here
Matt Mills - track record at getting teams promoted. Bad egg and not a very good player.
Greg Halford - very versatile, good track record, WCBAP, possible bad egg.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Jun 2015 19:56

Are we actually going to sign anyone?

Its been a month since the season ended yet we have not been close to signing anybody. I'm fed up with the lack of ambition from the club and we have removed at least 70k a week from the wage bill with the players we have released and I expect Williams, Hector and McCleary to be sold for about £10m combined.

We did our business late last season and we did poor that season so god help us this time with a weaker squad!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Jun 2015 20:00

Royal_jimmy I expect Williams, Hector and McCleary to be sold for about £10m combined.

We didn't get that much for Le Fondre, Morrison and McCarthy...

The season only finished on Saturday and the window doesn't open for another three weeks. The new season doesn't start for another six weeks after that. I wouldn't worry about it yet.

1897 posts