Kitson signs for Stoke for £5.5 million

956 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Kitson signs for Stoke for £5.5 million

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Jul 2008 17:44

Royal Rother
Royalee "We wish him the best of luck but his departure will open the door for the players who remain to demand a consistent role in the team."

That'll mean Coppell's not even started looking at replacements then. What an absolute shit for brains.

Why don't you just exchange PMs with Fine Rain rather than infecting the rest of us with your scandalously puerile claptrap?

You are like a broken record, take your incorrect non-factual optimistic drivel elsewhere.
Facts speak for themselves, another one out, none in.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 18 Jul 2008 17:45

FiNeRaIn
Drew_3 http://www.stokecityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~1346893,00.html
what a knob read the bit at the bottom about the fans at stoke!

Why does that make him a knob exactly?

remember his comments last time he played there?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 18 Jul 2008 17:45

Whatever else anyone says about Kitson he tries to give the fans what they want.

Boyband

by Boyband » 18 Jul 2008 17:46

Streets If they've paid that then LOL @ Pulis.

He isn't worth that!

Wish Reading had shown as much guts as that though.

Depends how you look at it. When you think that Spurs paid 16 million for Darren Bent it makes it look like we've got peanuts.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jul 2008 17:46

I saw the news on the night that I logged onto Hob Nob
I saw the shirt that he held on the Stoke City website
He was our striker
As you transferred him I watched and went out of my mind.

Why, why, why Madejski?
Buy, Buy, Buy, Madejski
So before they come to break down the door
Forgive me Madejski I just couldn't take any more.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Jul 2008 17:47

Drew_3
FiNeRaIn
Drew_3 http://www.stokecityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~1346893,00.html
what a knob read the bit at the bottom about the fans at stoke!

remember his comments last time he played there?

About being called ginger? It doesn't detract from the fact they are loud and passionate.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Jul 2008 17:48

Boyband

He isn't worth that!

Depends how you look at it. When you think that Spurs paid 16 million for Darren Bent it makes it look like we've got peanuts.

When you think we paid less than 100,000Euro for Doyle eh...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: People Talking of 5.5million?

by brendywendy » 18 Jul 2008 17:48

Royalee
Roger the Rabbit
FiNeRaIn
I don't know what is more laughable, selling your best players or having a recently promoted championship team showing more ambition than we ever did in the prem. Sickening times.

Isn't someone who measures the 'ambition' of a club solely by how much money they spend even more laughable.

If signing Kitson for £5 million shows such great ambition surely signing the same player for £250,000 shows no less ambition but a hugely greater business sense. Or is it only the price tag that counts ?

No, it's the calibre of player. And we haven't bought anyone of the calibre required to improve our team in two and a half years, which is why we're in the shit and will continue to be until Coppell does everyone a favour and f*cks off.

:roll:

bikey duberry and matejovski?

and thats ignoring rosenior just cos you dont like him

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 18 Jul 2008 17:49

Big Foot :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RIP My love affair with Reading FC

Awww. Don't. I thought I'd be like that if Kits left, but I'm glad it's over now and we can spend the money on someone else who might turn out to be even better. You just don't know.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Jul 2008 17:50

Fair play with his comments, he's honest. And to be fair it would seem the majority of Reading fans deserve to watch Stephen Hunt hoof ball after ball into the crowd after a run down a blind alley with Coppell nervously biting his lip on the sidelines. Any thick tossers booing their best players in Shorey and giving Kitson stick for an offence they know very little about whilst allowing Oster the freedom of the bars on a Friday night before a game and applauding someone who'd sooner get into a scrap in a nightclub the evening before a top of the table clash deserve everything they get.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jul 2008 17:51

Sarah Star

Awww. Don't. I thought I'd be like that if Kits left, but I'm glad it's over now and we can spend the money on someone else who might turn out to be even better. You just don't know.

On the other hand we might just blow it on some more who turn out to be like Fae!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Jul 2008 17:51

Kitson is a good player, nothing specatular but a decent player, will always score goals and was probably our best outfield player last season. However, he's 28 years old, has a chequered injury past to say the least and has a huge ego and attitude problem, let's be honest he's a complete arsehole. Which can be forgiven if it has a positive impact when he's playing. When the team is struggling and it starts affecting him and other players he's a problem. Watching him throw his arms around in games last year just wasn't the attitude required at the time, we were struggling, needs to be a united team yet we've got a bad apple upsetting the rest.

Stoke have got themselves a decent player, we've got an exceptional fee for a decent player. IF there's that word again, IF we replace him with someone hungry to do well that fits in well with the club then it's RFC that come out of this deal better and not Stoke or Kitson.

Thanks Dave for some gr8 memories, I have a few special ones, the 2 v West Ham were amazing, I saw the scissor kick at Bradford, the hattrick v West Ham, the goal v Newcastle and your last goal albeit in vain at Derby.

Cheers

but now you play for someone else...

fcuk off! :twisted:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 18 Jul 2008 17:53

RoyalBlue
Sarah Star

On the other hand we might just blow it on some more who turn out to be like Fae!

You just don't know.

That's football.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 18 Jul 2008 17:53

Boyband

He isn't worth that!

THEN LETS ALL LAUGH AT THE GOOF WHO PAID C£6M FOR ZAMORA - IF ZAMORA IS IN THAT BRACKET, THEN KITSON DEFINITELY IS TOO

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: People Talking of 5.5million?

by Royalee » 18 Jul 2008 17:54

brendywendy bikey duberry and matejovski?

and thats ignoring rosenior just cos you dont like him

Michael Duberry is mediocre at best. Bikey and Matejovsky are decent, but have hardly been regulars in the side under Coppell thus far.

As for Rosenior, I'd rather have a defender who can stand up and actually defend thanks. Fulham clearly didn't miss him too much when they escaped relegation.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Jul 2008 17:54

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
Boyband

He isn't worth that!

THEN LETS ALL LAUGH AT THE GOOF WHO PAID C£6M FOR ZAMORA - IF ZAMORA IS IN THAT BRACKET, THEN KITSON DEFINITELY IS TOO

Nobody paid that much for Zamora.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 18 Jul 2008 17:55

FiNeRaIn

Akitson talks about primadonnas and mercenaries playing for the highest bidder and has a holier than thou attitude, then he winges about stokes fans a couple of years ago, now comes out and says they are great, he would have been better not commenting on it, i can tell you one thing dave they still think you a useless g*nger tw*t!!

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 18 Jul 2008 17:56

Great news.

For Stoke.

oxf*rd.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 18 Jul 2008 17:56

Good luck to you son, and I cant help thinking that your thoughts will be that you have left a sinking ship, when the hell are we going to hear about strengthening the squad instead of trimming it, alright so some of the signings being made by our champioship rivals might be to say the least a bit suspect at least they are trying to win over the confidence of thier supporters for the coming season, Madejski's comments earlier in the close season about Reading being "comfortable in the championship for the time being" certainly dont spell out that we are trying to get back to the top league, and SSC's comments earlier in the week that he was happy with the squad but thinks it still needs trimming, match that. No wonder that Madejski was over the moon when the manager agreed to stay as I couldn't see anyone else of proven management stature coming here with what is happening at the moment.

maf82

by maf82 » 18 Jul 2008 17:56

lets hope john doesnt keep all the money again,we need some more players

956 posts