demonstration

205 posts
blue_army1871

Re: demonstration

by blue_army1871 » 31 Aug 2010 10:35

They dont' care about Reading
They don't care about fans
Reading Football Club is in the wrong hands!!

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 31 Aug 2010 10:41

I'm IN if this demonstration does go ahead.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 Aug 2010 10:48

royal-biscuit-man I'm IN if this demonstration does go ahead.

:lol:

What are you going to demonstrate about and what do you expect your demonstration to achieve?

If it's to get JM out, good luck with that. He could just walk at any time, and we'd have no club.

If it's because we haven't bought any players, do you really think that JM is going to suddenly buy some?

He's not that daft - he'll know there are feelings of anger and resentment over the sale of Sig and the fact that we certainly won't be replacing him with any player of real quality.

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 31 Aug 2010 10:52

Royal Lady

What are you going to demonstrate about and what do you expect your demonstration to achieve?

If it's to get JM out, good luck with that. He could just walk at any time, and we'd have no club.

If it's because we haven't bought any players, do you really think that JM is going to suddenly buy some?

He's not that daft - he'll know there are feelings of anger and resentment over the sale of Sig and the fact that we certainly won't be replacing him with any player of real quality.

You've hit the one flaw in the plan. :D

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Aug 2010 10:54

I really want to find some way of showing the club how angry I am at the Palace game - open to suggestions as to how we do it.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 31 Aug 2010 10:57

andrew1957 I really want to find some way of showing the club how angry I am at the Palace game - open to suggestions as to how we do it.

I imagine there will be some half-hearted booing when the team is read out and the same again if we are losing at half & full time.

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 31 Aug 2010 10:59

Once were Biscuitmen
andrew1957 I really want to find some way of showing the club how angry I am at the Palace game - open to suggestions as to how we do it.

I imagine there will be some half-hearted booing when the team is read out and the same again if we are losing at half & full time.

I won't be participating in any booing towards the players. I want to support the players, not boo them. The board should be booed, and not the players.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 Aug 2010 11:01

Best way to show your anger is for no-one to turn up to a pre-arranged game. Of course, you'll still get people going to the game, but an organised demo of staying away would have a small impact. You can't boo the players - it's not their faults!!

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 31 Aug 2010 11:09

LOL @ Reading fans once again.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 31 Aug 2010 11:13

i think we need to take a reality check here, we are Reading for a start, a small club who will NEVER be able to keep hold of players with the class of Sigurdsson. The club had very little choice in selling him.

So long as some of this money is re invested, which it will be, then well that just modern day football.

If you want a demo, then go to the FA and demonstrate there about the total fucking shambles that is English football as a whole.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 31 Aug 2010 11:18

It could get a lot worse Hob Knobbers...I'm told by someone at the club that we WILL sell Long, Federici, Kebe and McAnuff today if the price is right. This club is sinking fast.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Aug 2010 11:20

Focher i think we need to take a reality check here, we are Reading for a start, a small club who will NEVER be able to keep hold of players with the class of Sigurdsson. The club had very little choice in selling him.

So long as some of this money is re invested, which it will be, then well that just modern day football.

If you want a demo, then go to the FA and demonstrate there about the total fucking shambles that is English football as a whole.

Why did the club have no choice. He was under contact and seems to have had no desire to go. The club have pushed him out from all the reports I have read. If we had failed to go up this season then I am sure that he would have gone with nearly all of our blessings next summer - just as most of us were pleased to see Doyle get a PL club after giving us a year in the Championship. This decision is madness because it extinguishes any realistic hope of promotion this season - which will now just be about securing mid table mediocrity at best.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 Aug 2010 11:22

Scarface It could get a lot worse Hob Knobbers...I'm told by someone at the club that we WILL sell Long, Federici, Kebe and McAnuff today if the price is right. This club is sinking fast.

Every player has a price - doesn't mean we're going to let all 4 of them go though. Mind, whoever comes in for Long, I'd bite their hands off!!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2010 11:23

Royal Lady

I don't believe that to be true at all. Afterall, it is an incredibly well run and stable business and someone would step into the void left by him.

IMO there are two places to hit Madejski where it hurts. 1) His pocket 2) His Ego. He loved reaping the plaudits now let's see how much he enjoys being on the receiving end of some seriously heavy brickbats!

Royal Lady

Best way to show your anger is for no-one to turn up to a pre-arranged game. Of course, you'll still get people going to the game, but an organised demo of staying away would have a small impact. You can't boo the players - it's not their faults!!

Better way might all be to turn our backs on his majesty as he takes to his throne before a game. Followed by some appropriate chants regarding his current approach and tenure.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 31 Aug 2010 11:30

andrew1957
Focher i think we need to take a reality check here, we are Reading for a start, a small club who will NEVER be able to keep hold of players with the class of Sigurdsson. The club had very little choice in selling him.

Why did the club have no choice. He was under contact and seems to have had no desire to go. The club have pushed him out from all the reports I have read. If we had failed to go up this season then I am sure that he would have gone with nearly all of our blessings next summer - just as most of us were pleased to see Doyle get a PL club after giving us a year in the Championship. This decision is madness because it extinguishes any realistic hope of promotion this season - which will now just be about securing mid table mediocrity at best.

So, we had half a century of third tier, mid-table mediocrity. If you adjust your time-scales a tad this is still progress :wink:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 31 Aug 2010 13:03

Don't go to games, don't buy any merchandising, don't renew your season ticket.

Simples.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 31 Aug 2010 13:05

The monkeys have officially taken over the zoo.

:roll:

If you don't like it, just oxf*rd off. Seriously.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 31 Aug 2010 13:11

Ok I'm in, but only if I can hang between two lamp posts screeching 'all I wanna say is that they don't really care about us' whilst someone blows crisp packets past me with a desk fan.

oh hang on that was earth song wasn't it...

so that'll be 'what about sigurdsson?' then you lot go 'what about us?'
'what about promotion?' then you lot go 'what about us?'
'what about everything????'
the you lot go 'no no no no' and I go...
'ahhh ahhh oooh eeeh oohh ooooh'

rehearsals round the back of the dome in half an hour...

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 31 Aug 2010 13:23

BobKnows The monkeys have officially taken over the zoo.

If you don't like it, just put up with it because if you protest then you're not a true supporter. Seriously.

Twisted logic? Surely not.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 31 Aug 2010 13:27

Man Friday
BobKnows The monkeys have officially taken over the zoo.

If you don't like it, just put up with it because if you protest then you're not a true supporter. Seriously.

Twisted logic? Surely not.

If I thought Reading FC was being run criminally; if I felt my money was actually funding a lazy , incompetent team, who have never achieved anything and never will; if I actually wanted this club sold to some dodgy oligarch who will buy our way to the top, so we can become a soulless corporate empire like Chelsea YES I might protest. But until that day I really cannot say this strongly enough:

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. IT MIGHT COME TRUE.

205 posts