Back from the the game - Barnsley (A)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the the game - Barnsley (A)

by Ian Royal » 22 Mar 2011 23:14

biscuitman I give up. Karacan/Legs= the best partnershp by far this season. How can you not see that?? As for next year's team, you clearly havent even thought about the possibilty of players coming and going except for getting Legs in from QPR...

I'm not saying it hasn't been. I'm talking about what I think is best for the future. And Howard / Legs as a pair have only played about 1 game together, so comparing that partnership to the record of Legs / Karacan is pointless as they've played about 10 together.

I haven't thought much about players coming and going because it's a pointless affair as anything will be pure guess work. We know we are interested in Legs and want him. We know Howard is ours if we want him to be, so I'll focus on what we are likely to have thanks.

I liked Harper. And I'll base my opinion on the available evidence. Karacan may well improve beyond what he's done so far, in fact I expect him to. But not necessarily enough in the areas he most needs to. It's all opinion, I have mine you have yours and if you disagree with me I'll listen and then either back up my opinion or change it. I haven't said he's been poor, or that he's a rubbish player.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 22 Mar 2011 23:49

And Howard / Legs as a pair have only played about 1 game together, so comparing that partnership to the record of Legs / Karacan is pointless as they've played about 10 together.

Can you see why?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Mar 2011 02:08

Karacan had the shirt and we're inclined to play defensive in the middle with little passing creativity. Something I'm not that keen on. Karacan was key when we didn't have Legs, now we do he is less so.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 23 Mar 2011 14:26

Anyone else think Ian is sounding more like Snowball by the day?

:lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Mar 2011 15:05

God I hope not. If I do Graham is welcome to ban me.

Watched the Ipswich game on RP last night (might do Barnsley or M'bro tonight). Thought Howard used the ball really well (although as usual it didn't always come off and he did lose it cheaply a couple of times - excellent corner delivery as well) and that we'd have slaughtered them with McAnuff and Kebe wide, even if that meant the hard working Hunt missed out. I think now Long's in fine scoring form he could actually regularly play upfront on his own effectively and score goals...

Is it just me, or does Hunt score every time his performance isn't particularly good at the moment? Thought he was a bit ineffective most of the game against Ipswich, yet again he scored and put in a couple of telling crosses.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Mar 2011 15:41

How many away fans?

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 23 Mar 2011 15:45

No Fixed Abode How many away fans?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Mar 2011 19:05

pea Anyone else think Ian is sounding more like Snowball by the day?

His Avatar looks like me

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 23 Mar 2011 19:43

Snowball
pea Anyone else think Ian is sounding more like Snowball by the day?

His Avatar looks like me

Figures.