Kitson reception

123 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Kitson reception

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Apr 2011 17:39

What a weird post, all caps and some weird northern word at the end.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Apr 2011 17:47

but thanks for taking the opportunity to reply

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 03 Apr 2011 17:51

If I had gone yesterday I would have booed Askdown (a very useful player who left to the detriment of RFC) and would have cheered Halford (who is shite and a nasty piece of work but somehow we managed to made a profit on).

I would have probably have given Kitson a blow job for his contributions to the greatest Reading team I've ever seen.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Apr 2011 20:19

I would have Kitson back tomorrow as a defender.

One of our brilliant legends who threw his body into every challenge in every part of the pitch...........although he has since seemingly lost his youth...he still retains his 110% work ethic.

And has scored some crucial goals for Pompey this season..........despite yesterdays game....................dissenting Pompey fans need to look at the holistic Dave K

Gatecrasher

by Gatecrasher » 04 Apr 2011 10:15

Royal With Cheese I would have probably have given Kitson a blow job for his contributions to the greatest Reading team I've ever seen.

Ha ha that's a classic, couldn't quite bring myself to +1 that though.
A legend but I agree with others, think we saw the best of him in our promotion team

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Apr 2011 10:43

Kitson was so inept in front of goal on Saturday that I'm convinced he secretly wanted us to win.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Apr 2011 10:48

wasnt even that secret about it

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 Apr 2011 10:51

ZacNaloen Kitson was so inept in front of goal on Saturday that I'm convinced he secretly wanted us to win.

He was in town on Saturday morning (in a card shop in full Pompey training gear) and a friend spoke to him. He wished Kitson luck for the game to which Kitson replied "but not too much luck eh....." and then winked. He obviously meant it :wink:

Also said he would prefer to be at another club rather than Pompey (the way it was said inferred that he meant Reading).

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Apr 2011 10:54

I'd be really surprised if we had him back tbh. He does seem to have gone off the boil - whether it's because he's not happy and wished he hadn't left or something, I don't know - but he didn't cut the mustard at Stoke and he's not done very well with Pompey. If Long goes in the Summer (which I'm 99% sure he will if we don't go up) I don't know that I'd want Kitson to replace him - he's getting a bit old now. My wish would be to sign Gylfi on loan, but I doubt we'll ever see that either. :cry:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Apr 2011 10:59

id take him back for one last hurrah in the prem.as an impact sub.

and dont worry, longs going nowhere, and gylfi will be here on loan next season, in the premiere league, firing us to 6th place

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Apr 2011 11:00

brendywendy id take him back for one last hurrah in the prem.as an impact sub.

and dont worry, longs going nowhere, and gylfi will be here on loan next season, in the premiere league, firing us to 6th place

You're taking drugs again aren't you... :cry:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Apr 2011 11:06

you'll see!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Apr 2011 11:12

Wycombe Royal
ZacNaloen Kitson was so inept in front of goal on Saturday that I'm convinced he secretly wanted us to win.

He was in town on Saturday morning (in a card shop in full Pompey training gear) and a friend spoke to him. He wished Kitson luck for the game to which Kitson replied "but not too much luck eh....." and then winked. He obviously meant it :wink:

Also said he would prefer to be at another club rather than Pompey (the way it was said inferred that he meant Reading).

I hope Pompey fans read this. Lolz.
:lol:

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 04 Apr 2011 11:13

After the final whistle, as Kitson was clapping the 3 sides of home fans, did I see him pointing to his heart as he did so, or was I just dreaming that?

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 04 Apr 2011 11:21

Kitson12 After the final whistle, as Kitson was clapping the 3 sides of home fans, did I see him pointing to his heart as he did so, or was I just dreaming that?

No, you weren't imagining it. I saw it and was in agreement with a mate who suggested Kits was saying he's still a Royal at heart.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Apr 2011 11:24

definitely did it, seen from the north stand as he walked away

could see it in his eyes as he missed that sitter too- he just couldnt bring himself to do it.

i love that man.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 04 Apr 2011 12:02

Still Hate Futcher!
Kitson12 After the final whistle, as Kitson was clapping the 3 sides of home fans, did I see him pointing to his heart as he did so, or was I just dreaming that?

No, you weren't imagining it. I saw it and was in agreement with a mate who suggested Kits was saying he's still a Royal at heart.

I saw it as well.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 04 Apr 2011 12:07

It's some gesture from Kits to ignore the Pompey fans and applaud all three stands of Royals fans at the final whistle.

I'm sure he regrets ever leaving, although probably not financially!

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 04 Apr 2011 13:19

He didn't ignore the Pompey fans though. Clapped them first, and then responded to the Reading fans chants by acknowledging t'other sides of the ground. And then patted his heart.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 04 Apr 2011 13:34

brendywendy
KC Royal
roadrunner I hope he got a good reception before the game?

Is his Stoke contract up at the end of the season? I wonder if we might be tempted to try and bring him back as Long's replacement.

He did get a good reception although Halford, and surprisingly (to me at least) Ashdown both got booed!

Overheard an interesting conversation between two Pompey fans on the way back to the car park yesterday. They were saying how he may be a legend for us but we can have him back, one said they'd drive him themself, also missing 2 open goals and a great defender for us etc etc. My dad and I chuckled at all this and then more chuckling ensued when they commented that we got 5m for him (which even at his peak i thought was a good deal for us).

As for coming back, no thanks! Coming back the last time soured my opinion of him (more off the pitch with the things that came out around the time). Looked a shadow of his former self yesterday, that was the worst performance i've seen from him. When he's good he's very good but when things aren't going for him he can look lazy and sluggish imo.

ASHDOWN WAS BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE IN THE GROUND DIDNT KNOW WHO HE IS, SO JUST BOOD BECAUSE HE WAS THE FIRST NAME TO BE CALLED OUT FROM THEIR TEAM. HALFORDS WAS A PROPER BOO THOUGH, WHICH AGAIN WAS A BIT SILLY, HE JUST DIDNT DO WELL HERE AND LEFT, ITS NOT LIKE WE HAVE ANY GRUDGE OR OWT

(OOPS CAPS LOCK)

But didn't Halford sput a lot of cobblers in the press about how rubbish we were as a club for not playing him/giving him a chance etc.

123 posts