Madejski Announcement

469 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Madejski Announcement

by ZacNaloen » 22 Aug 2011 11:29

What Baines said and Madjeski is the Chairman, not the CEO. Why should he need to know the ins and outs of Reading FC's financials? It's not his job.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Aug 2011 11:30

That Friday Feeling
RoyalBlue We are repeatedly told what a well run business RFC is yet, at this moment in time, the Chairman can't say whether it is breaking even or not!!! :shock:

The chairman's inability to accurately forecast matchday and away fan ticket sales, the cost of potential transfer targets, injuries and subsequent signings, who we'll draw in the cup and how far we'll progress is undoubtedly a worthwhile stick to beat him with.

Well he seems to know we have no money and how much players were sold for?

In any budget, surely you are pessimistic with your allocations - so FA cup - we budget as if we lose 3rd round, same for League cup - we don't budget for getting into a play off position etc etc?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Aug 2011 11:34

I don't know why SJM bothers with these sort of interviews.

Those that take the view that he has £Millions at his disposal and its only his tight-fisted attitude that prevents Brian buying £5M strikers and £5M defenders will not be convinced regardless of what he says. All they see is other clus buying players left right and centre and thinking "That should be us!!"

Just a point though......didn't Ipswich splash out quite a lot on players pre-season? Chopra etc??

12 goals conceded in 2 games against teams who were in League 1 last season seems to suggest that simply spending cash doesn't equal success..............

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2011 11:37

Bandini I, for one, shall now insist that my fish and chip shop be run at a loss.

:lol:

Bandini Is there a third option :?:

Perhaps occasional windfalls from player sales don't automatically justify incurring long term liabilities which would require increased funding from further sales in the future :idea:

That Friday Feeling
RoyalBlue We are repeatedly told what a well run business RFC is yet, at this moment in time, the Chairman can't say whether it is breaking even or not!!! :shock:

The chairman's inability to accurately forecast matchday and away fan ticket sales, the cost of potential transfer targets, injuries and subsequent signings, who we'll draw in the cup and how far we'll progress is undoubtedly a worthwhile stick to beat him with.

I love angry days on Hobnob.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Aug 2011 11:43

Mr Angry I don't know why SJM bothers with these sort of interviews.

Those that take the view that he has £Millions at his disposal and its only his tight-fisted attitude that prevents Brian buying £5M strikers and £5M defenders will not be convinced regardless of what he says. All they see is other clus buying players left right and centre and thinking "That should be us!!"

Just a point though......didn't Ipswich splash out quite a lot on players pre-season? Chopra etc??

12 goals conceded in 2 games against teams who were in League 1 last season seems to suggest that simply spending cash doesn't equal success..............

+ everything

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Aug 2011 11:46

I think the problem is communication.

The club needs to be a little more transparent.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Aug 2011 11:47

Mr Angry I don't know why SJM bothers with these sort of interviews.

No one is expecting millions to be spent - but surely you can see the strangeness of the situation.

We have recently been in an FA Cup QF, visited Wembley, sold millions of pounds worth of players, seen Ingi, Khiz and Mills go from CB plus Long and Armstrong leaving (all presumably on good wages) plus the likes of Kelly, Davies, Mooney etc (who will have been paid something) all replaced by Academy lads and one loan signing from Spurs.

I find it astounding that we have no money left to buy even one experienced CB to replace all these leavers. Most quality options in this position have now been snapped up. Kilgallon looks to be the last one left who is both available and experienced.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Aug 2011 11:49

We do have money left, the club have said we are looking at players. Madejski said things will happen.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 22 Aug 2011 11:53

ZacNaloen We do have money left, the club have said we are looking at players. Madejski said things will happen.

I don't understand, zac. Why hasn't he said that getting a replacement centre back whatever the costs is a priority for the club?

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 22 Aug 2011 11:54

friday fan Southbank - yes two pens were missed, perhaps if Long had taken them they would have gone in......perhaps

Let me give you an analogy - you go to your fish and chip shop last year and its really good, you like the food. You go back one day and the batter is soggy, chips are nasty and you ask why. The manager explains there was a change in staff, this is the best you are going to get (at the moment) the manager tells you that his trainees will get better. Do you still go and eat there with the hope that one day the food will get back to its best - no you don't you earnt the money and want/demand that the product is good don't you. You surely aint going back because the food used to be good, you want it good NOW.

I hope that you understand the basic way in which this analogy makes my original point, if you don't then I for one can't explain it any plainer.

the penalties in themselves were history........capiche?

Comparing the price of potatoes and the milk, flour and eggs to make the batter against the price of footballers and their wages.

What an intelligent point you make.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Aug 2011 11:55

ZacNaloen We do have money left, the club have said we are looking at players. Madejski said things will happen.

But the point is we are now left making a panic decision to buy "someone" to appease the fans. We knew we were short at CB months ago and we must have known that Long was also off - so surely a million or so should have been available to buy an experienced CB earlier in the transfer window when several good options were available.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 22 Aug 2011 11:55

We were already looking at people, it was in the news last week :|

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 22 Aug 2011 11:56

andrew1957

But the point is we are now left making a panic decision to buy "someone" to appease the fans. We knew we were short at CB months ago and we must have known that Long was also off - so surely a million or so should have been available to buy an experienced CB earlier in the transfer window when several good options were available.

You should email the club or something, bet they didn't realise it was as simple as that.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 22 Aug 2011 11:58

andrew1957

Panic buys like Ian Harte (signed on 31 August 2010), I guess.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 22 Aug 2011 12:12

If I was JM and I'd read the sort of stuff that people who really don't know how a football club works are writing I'd say 'OK, I've had enough, I'm going to resign my place on the board, take back all the money I've loaned the club and retire. Maybe then all those people who have this encyclopaedic knowledge of both football and business can take over and RFC can then develop to it's full potential.'

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Aug 2011 12:13

andrew1957

But the point is we are now left making a panic decision to buy "someone" to appease the fans.

Or we've got a week to complete any business we may have been working on?

I'm sure you know best though

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Aug 2011 12:30

If you keep cutting cloth eventually you're going to catch a lower to mid-table sized cold.
Last edited by sandman on 22 Aug 2011 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Aug 2011 12:32

Indeed, at least if you don't understand what "cutting the cloth" means

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 22 Aug 2011 12:35

sandman If you keep cutting cloth eventually you're going to catch a lower to mid-table sized cold.

Or you'll just get a mid-sized table cloth, probably only suitable for about 4-6 people.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2011 12:35

Wow, I was expecting a positive interview...this is FAR worse than could ever be imagined. We are absolutely doomed. We still have no money available for transfers despite 40 million worth of player sales in the last 3/4 seasons, Above 10 million ALONE this season..

OMFG this is unreal, absolutely unreal.

469 posts