Jason Roberts idiot

370 posts
Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jason Roberts idiot

by Badger Finger » 11 Dec 2011 15:51

Royal Rother
I don't like Claridge but writing into the BBC to compalin.... honestly, some of you guys need to get a friggin' life.

Mega 'Greed...

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 11 Dec 2011 15:52

The media are all dicks when it come to incidents like this they put the judges gown and wig on and make stupid comments that are biased one way this time Kebe has taken the brunt of it.

Collison's challenge on Kebe was premeditated and could well have caused significant injury.

Same Allardyce's post match interview sums it up for me, very fair comments all round, maybe the media should take a leaf out of Big Sams book.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2011 15:53

The Real Sandhurst Royal The media are all dicks when it come to incidents like this they put the judges gown and wig on and make stupid comments that are biased one way this time Kebe has taken the brunt of it.

Collison's challenge on Kebe was premeditated and could well have caused significant injury.

Same Allardyce's post match interview sums it up for me, very fair comments all round, maybe the media should take a leaf out of Big Sams book.

Agree with all that except the significant injury bit.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 11 Dec 2011 16:10

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 11 Dec 2011 16:19

That Friday Feeling wrote:

http://thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.com/2 ... erved.html?

Pretty fair summary from a hammer

Excellent summary and nice to see someone write an article with an unbiased view of the incident. with a closing comment " Collison should be fined heavily for letting himself and the club down"

I would like to add banned by the FA for a few weeks to that for what was a premeditated challenge.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Dec 2011 16:22

^ nice work

What I've not seen mentioned in all the hoo-ha (not your best day Dirk) is just how premeditated Collison's challenge was. While consumed with LOLz last night I went to bed convinced that St Jimmy's actions had prompted an immediate shove but catching up on th FLS this morning he really had time to think about what he was going to do. Inexcusable

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 11 Dec 2011 16:23

Well apparently it's OK "do him" as he showed disrespect and that's taught him a lesson.

IMHO the only lesson to be learnt is by Collison, he needs a sufficiently long ban to make him think twice before deciding premeditatedly to "do" an opposition player because he's pissed off with them.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Dec 2011 16:30

Ian Royal
The Real Sandhurst Royal The media are all dicks when it come to incidents like this they put the judges gown and wig on and make stupid comments that are biased one way this time Kebe has taken the brunt of it.

Agree with all that except the significant injury bit.

Don't you think Collison's challenge could have caused serious injury ? :shock:
Get your iPlayer out and watch it again.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Dec 2011 16:31

Ian Royal
southstand67 Steve Claridge?? English players wouldn't do that?? So Collison's challenge was justified then?

TBF he specifically said you can't condone the challenge.

Yeah but he didn't mean it. Just said it because he knows it's the right thing to say. Claridge = cr@p footballer and cr@p manager.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Dec 2011 16:35

Silver Fox ^ nice work

What I've not seen mentioned in all the hoo-ha (not your best day Dirk) is just how premeditated Collison's challenge was. While consumed with LOLz last night I went to bed convinced that St Jimmy's actions had prompted an immediate shove but catching up on th FLS this morning he really had time to think about what he was going to do. Inexcusable

Agreed and agree that Dirk is having a bit of a mare here.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 11 Dec 2011 16:42

Bandini
Svlad Cjelli
He shouldn't have done it but he did - and Kebe's behaviour on the pitch is the explanation. Note the word is "explanation", not "excuse".

Kebe's behaviour explains why Colison was irritated/angry. It doesn't explain why he kicked Kebe and shoved him to the ground.

Really? :shock: Surely once a player has lost his temper and the "red mist" has come down, they're liable to do virtually anything, no matter how stupid?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Dec 2011 16:50

That's a reasonable point but the chances of you getting a "well yes, you might be right" response are infinitesimally small.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Dec 2011 16:50

He had at least ten seconds to think about it, that's more than just red mist

philM

by philM » 11 Dec 2011 16:55

Franchise FC I've just watched the incident and if what JK did was enough to bring the red mist down then I'm fully expecting at least another 5 incidents like this in every game for the rest of the season.

He's touched his (own) shins, pulled up one sock no more than an inch or two and played the ball away - whole incidenty lasted less than a second.
Tell me I've watched the wrong incident.

What happened was the West Ham defence all stood still when Kebe had the ball as if the game had paused. Kebe pointed out their strange behaviour by also pausing, and then they got all embarassed and flustered, and quite cross with Jimmy for pointing out their errors.
Last edited by philM on 11 Dec 2011 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 11 Dec 2011 16:58

paultheroyal
Silver Fox ^ nice work

Agreed and agree that Dirk is having a bit of a mare here.

Really? I don't see what you're finding so difficult here (although I appreciate from the number of times I've proved PTR wrong why he might be trying to score a point). Let me lay it out in simple statements, please let me know which one(s) you don't understand or agree with....

1. I've never condoned or excused Collinson's challenge - I've just explained why he lost his temper so much. (I've even said that I expect him to receive a lengthy ban for what was clearly deliberate and malicious).

2. I've never said that Kebe tried to deliberately wind anyone up - just that his behaviour took the piss out of fellow professionals and that this "isn't the done thing" in the English game. People might disagree with that, but the key point is that Collinson felt aggrieved enough about it to react the way he did.

3. Following on from point 3, I've said that typically if anyone does take the piss in the game that someone will dish out retribution (have you never sung "Parky's Gonna Get You"?) The only surprise here was that Collinson was quite so quick and unsubtle to take that retribution - but thats what red mist does to you.

4. I also defended Claridge (something I've never done before) from those calling him "racist." An understanding of the culture within the game is something that non-English layers are less likely to have than English players (q.v "The Secret Footballer" in yesterday's Guardian for more on this...)

And, on the final point, I really think that those seriously complaining to the BBC when someone on TV says something about their football team they don't agree with really ought to grow a pair and get themselves a sense of proportion. is this really the society we live in today? :shock:

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 11 Dec 2011 16:59

ZacNaloen He had at least ten seconds to think about it, that's more than just red mist

Is there a time limit on red mist? There are plenty of examples of players losing it and then running 40 yards across the pitch to dish out retribution. Roy Keane even waited a season or two for it.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Dec 2011 17:00

Svlad Cjelli
Avon Royal For me his "Not surprised that it wasn't an English player" comment was worse than anything that Clarkson said recently. Complete xenophobic twaddle.

Hardly! Just reflecting the fact that someone from abroad is less likely to understand the culture and "unwritten rules" that exist within English football than someone brought up within it.

Much as it pains me to defend Claridge, who ordinarily is a twat, he's right here.

Rubbish. Two words: Joey Barton.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 11 Dec 2011 17:02

Svlad Cjelli
Bandini
Svlad Cjelli
He shouldn't have done it but he did - and Kebe's behaviour on the pitch is the explanation. Note the word is "explanation", not "excuse".

Kebe's behaviour explains why Colison was irritated/angry. It doesn't explain why he kicked Kebe and shoved him to the ground.

Really? :shock: Surely once a player has lost his temper and the "red mist" has come down, they're liable to do virtually anything, no matter how stupid?

Some may be liable to do anything, and whether or not that's the case depends on the extent of their self-control, which is why Kebe's display of sock skillz only explains the initial stage of the process, Collison getting angry. Everything after that point is explained by Collison himself, not Kebe.

After all, it's not as if Collison's response was an instinctive reaction, he had plenty of time to think about it and exercise self-control.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 11 Dec 2011 17:02

Man Friday
Svlad Cjelli
Avon Royal For me his "Not surprised that it wasn't an English player" comment was worse than anything that Clarkson said recently. Complete xenophobic twaddle.

Hardly! Just reflecting the fact that someone from abroad is less likely to understand the culture and "unwritten rules" that exist within English football than someone brought up within it.

Much as it pains me to defend Claridge, who ordinarily is a twat, he's right here.

Rubbish. Two words: Joey Barton.

Saying "less likely" does not mean every single English player is therefore intelligent, rational or a saint.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2011 17:03

Badger Finger
Royal Rother
I don't like Claridge but writing into the BBC to compalin.... honestly, some of you guys need to get a friggin' life.

Mega 'Greed...

another +1 for that

370 posts