If the Russians don't bring success......

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: If the Russians don't bring success......

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Jan 2012 16:42

No Fixed Abode
sandman
roadrunner Kes, when will Abramovich be judged for not bringing home a european cup?

Here's their cLOLassic banner from last season. Always good for a laugh.

RattLOLed.

:lol: Of course. Reading fans didn't stage on pitch protest and bully Bullivant out of a job did they? Oh - you wouldn't remember, cos it's pre 2005. :lol:

And as I recall TB1 resigned and JM would not be bowed by mob rule.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Jan 2012 16:50

No Fixed Abode
sandman
roadrunner Kes, when will Abramovich be judged for not bringing home a european cup?

Here's their cLOLassic banner from last season. Always good for a laugh.

RattLOLed.

:lol: Of course. Reading fans didn't stage on pitch protest and bully Bullivant out of a job did they? Oh - you wouldn't remember, cos it's pre 2005. :lol:

And who wouldn't be RattLOLed by such a special little guy as you? What with your intelligence and witty banter that everyone sussed out ages ago.

Btw nice with the pre 2005 dig (93/94 was my first season). Although it does seem like a very over emotional reaction to a post that wasn't directed at you specifically maybe you're the one who is rattLOLed.
Last edited by sandman on 23 Jan 2012 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Jan 2012 17:02

WHat you will find is........people will moan on here about how other clubs do their business and if they spend a fair bit on money to get promotion, then they're success is hollow etc. But when it happens to Reading, it's ok

its different now though kes
then they had money, and we didnt, so it wasnt fair, but now we have money, and so do they so its its fine :lol:

are you just going on about it cos of all the grief you got for being a chelsea fan under abramovich?
if so, shouldnt you just let it roll over you.
and abramovich is still much much richer than our russian, so you dont have to worry

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Jan 2012 17:04

I made a hypothetical point ages ago and the majority of fans said they wouldn't support the club if a b(m)illionaire came in and bankrolled the club. Now it looks possible this might happen, the goalposts have been moved.

really?
was there a poll?

why dont you just search for it, and bring the thread back

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Jan 2012 17:04

floyd__streete
No Fixed Abode :lol: Of course. Reading fans didn't stage on pitch protest and bully Bullivant out of a job did they? Oh - you wouldn't remember, cos it's pre 2005. :lol:

We were in the bottom 3 and heading towards relegation m8 :|

i was on the pitch that day.
awesome stuff.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 23 Jan 2012 17:05

melonhead .
and abramovich is still much much richer than our russian, so you dont have to worry

Bit how fit is his missus?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2012 17:59

Kes I made a hypothetical point ages ago and the majority of fans said they wouldn't support the club if a b(m)illionaire came in and bankrolled the club. Now it looks possible this might happen, the goalposts have been moved.

TBH I'm amazed you can spell hypothetical point, let alone make one.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 23 Jan 2012 18:24

skipper Mate, I go because I want to, because I like football, and I happen to be from Reading...

What if the Russians DO bring success - how pissed off will I be when I can't get tickets?

That I feel is a more pressing question!

But in direct answer to your question, yeah man, I'll still take the kiddie winks to Reading vs. Bury or who ever in League 2 - when we're all dead and buried - another Sheff Wed / Bradford / ex-Prem team in the lower leagues. Only because I enjoy football, and I come from Reading.

I'm with you mate.
I actually prefer us being a bit shit, or like we are now, knocking on the door. My fondest memories will always be from the late 80's/ early 90's when we were gash! I remember beating birmingham 1-0 at home in 1992 in the FA cup.
As a non-season ticket holder with freinds (wanting seats together) I could only attend 1 premiership game, and we were in the front row. My missus even asked why tyrone mears had a boner during derby's warm up!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buying the league

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Jan 2012 18:35

No Fixed Abode
Tredder Not fishing, just a curious question.

Seeing as quite a few people suggested that we bought our promotion to the Premiership, despite Warnock not spending that much money, and that it wasn't the right way to get promoted.

What are your thoughts, should you now go and buy your way to the premiership?

Would it be hollow or would you just be happy to be back in the premiership at any cost?

One last question, should the new owners want their own man in, and that person was Warnock, would you all put together a hobnob petition to over rule the decision, or would you actually welcome him as he has the credentials to get you up?

WHat you will find is........people will moan on here about how other clubs do their business and if they spend a fair bit on money to get promotion, then they're success is hollow etc. But when it happens to Reading, it's ok.

I made a hypothetical point ages ago and the majority of fans said they wouldn't support the club if a b(m)illionaire came in and bankrolled the club. Now it looks possible this might happen, the goalposts have been moved.

As for Colin - same thing. Fans can't stand him, but he if he came to Reading and got promotion, then suddenly they will love him. The fickle World that is football.

I wouldn't. The bloke is an utter cnut. Thankfully he will never ever be Reading manager.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 23 Jan 2012 18:48

I would neither want, nor expect, Colin to ever be Reading manager.

He is not the only manager to get Clubs out of the Championship (second tier) more than once.

SSC has done it at least 3 times!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 23 Jan 2012 20:22

Managers I would not want

Warnock
Hughes
Allardyce
Keane

in fact most of the Prem managers can do one.

Fergie, Wenger yes.

Otherwise if we ever replace from outside it would be Curbishly for me.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 24 Jan 2012 09:05

Add Martin O'Neill into that mix as well....

Finch

by Finch » 24 Jan 2012 21:16

Extended-Phenotype
Tredder Not fishing, just a curious question.

Seeing as quite a few people suggested that we bought our promotion to the Premiership, despite Warnock not spending that much money, and that it wasn't the right way to get promoted.

What are your thoughts, should you now go and buy your way to the premiership?

Would it be hollow or would you just be happy to be back in the premiership at any cost?

One last question, should the new owners want their own man in, and that person was Warnock, would you all put together a hobnob petition to over rule the decision, or would you actually welcome him as he has the credentials to get you up?

a. Don't recall anyone ever claiming QPR bought the Championship. Seem to remember the exact opposite, laughing at how little you spent after all the boasting.

b. In my view, Reading are a different club to the standard buy-out; we have an ethos in place which I doubt money will change – I can’t see us buying players unless we need them, and even then it will more likely be reasonable money for new promise rather than the QPR tack of re-homing old also-ran mercenaries; we will keep the team bond. Shrewd squad building rather than buying trophies – that’s the way it will be.

c. I think anyone would prefer to get to and stay in the Prem through good management and academy. But realistically teams will always need to reinforce that with transfers. As a well managed club I’m sure transfers will only be a small portion of whatever success may come.

d. I don’t like Warnock, so I wouldn’t be best pleased. Though he is obviously decent, I don’t like his rough and direct style of football, didn’t really dig his often spoilt and disrespectful behaviour, and would be concerned after seeing him come unstuck so easily in the Prem. That said, the club comes first – I wouldn’t stop supporting it if they hired someone I thought was a fistpie.

It will be fun finding out what a well-run, team-based, player-loyal, hard work orientated, financially stable and solid performing club will do with financial clout – the clubs this usually happens to aren’t normally like that, so looking forward to seeing money meeting brains.

Bless the naivety. :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Jan 2012 22:00

^

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 25 Jan 2012 07:34

sandman ^

not reading all of that

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 25 Jan 2012 13:35

Finch

What an odd bestowment. Guess the church?

My money is on Church of Moron.

Christof

by Christof » 25 Jan 2012 15:51

Extended-Phenotype
Finch

What an odd bestowment. Guess the church?

My money is on Church of Moron.

Think it's this one...

http://www.belmontchapel.org.uk/