Horrible feeling about this season...

314 posts
Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

Re: Horrible feeling about this season...

by Libertine » 18 Mar 2012 00:08

FiNeRaIn I think the signing of Roberts as well as the takeover has really boosted the club too. Roberts is a cracking signing.

And not just for his talents, which are considerable, but as a person and teammate. He makes everyone around him better. That is a rare quality...

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Mar 2012 00:13

FiNeRaIn I think the signing of Roberts as well as the takeover has really boosted the club too. Roberts is a cracking signing.

Yep agree. Signing of the season. He must be shooting up the ACTIM index with the goals & assists he gets pretty much every game. The other champ teams must be kicking themselves they didn't take a punt on him.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Mar 2012 00:15

leon
MmmMonsterMunch To be honest if we beat Posh & Pool then I'd take a point at Upton. Just need to ensure we don't lose.

If we get 7 from these next 3 games doesn't matter who from we'd be very very close to securing promotion. Obviously beating West Ham would be better though!

Incidentally I do think we'll beat them - the home crowd will be bricking it. First trip to Upton for me so nervous as to getting out if we did dish out a hiding. Maybe I won't wear my Reading shirt..

west ham are all plastic cockney poofs....most of their fans come from shit holes like Romford. Mental yes - but poofs

:lol: :lol:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 18 Mar 2012 00:53

leon not sure why this thread is getting such an aggressive reaction....whilst finerain might not be everyone's cup of tea - (personally I've recently started to warm to his football related posts) I think he's perfectly articulated what a lot of experienced Reading fans are feeling.

+1. I've almost always disagreed with FR but almost never found his football posts dumb.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 18 Mar 2012 06:10

Yep FR is a pretty good poster for the Team Board. Anyway I'm really excited, can't wait to see what happens!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Mar 2012 06:51

Whatever happens Finerain can't lose now. If we get promoted he'll be chuffed to bits and will live with the ribbing. If we don't then he'll have a summer of flaming people to look forward too!

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 18 Mar 2012 07:01

Apparently we scored too many goals yesterday :?

http://thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.co.uk ... isses.html

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Mar 2012 07:11

Tilehurst End Apparently we scored too many goals yesterday :?

That's quite a good piece by the West Ham fan.

You very nearly believe that Big Fat Sam could actually have said some of it.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 18 Mar 2012 07:56

how are they out of reach? they are only 2 pts ahead and we have to play them..

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Mar 2012 08:12

Libertine

And not just for his talents, which are considerable, but as a person and teammate. He makes everyone around him better. That is a rare quality...

Agree with this.

In January (and last week) we strengthened the squad and the team, and we are reaping the rewards for that. Other teams simply got in new players - almost for the sake of it.

Allied to that McDermott's management style, a settled team with a solid spine down the middle (Feds, Pearce/Gorkks, Legs/Jem, Roberts), and its easy to see why we are having the success we are currently.

Can it still go wrong as FR fears? Yes, of course it can - thats football; but having taken 50 points out of the last 60, we have the momentum, the confidence and the winning mentality that West Ham can only dream about at the moment, and that even Southampton will be concerned about.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 18 Mar 2012 08:47

PieEater this season after we beat Middlesborough away I had a feelng we'd do it, Over the next few games I expect to see us consolidate our position and West Ham drop away. This is our year,

That was my gut feeing too. After the boro game it was the first time I thought auto promotion was really on. Nothing I've seen since has changed my mind.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Mar 2012 09:03

Mind games mate.

Ignore it.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Mar 2012 09:13

Gordons Cumming

Mind games mate.

Ignore it.

Er..........you realise that its a parody, don't you? Its sounding like a whoosh might be coming your way GC!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Mar 2012 09:36

southampton will drop points i cant see them remaining top throughout the season from here on in, lets wait until tuesday and see what happens!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Mar 2012 15:09

loyalroyal4life southampton will drop points i cant see them remaining top throughout the season from here on in, lets wait until tuesday and see what happens!

Good because the only team I can see overtaking them is us.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Mar 2012 15:36

loyalroyal4life southampton will drop points i cant see them remaining top throughout the season from here on in, lets wait until tuesday and see what happens!

We will drop points as well; the trick is to drop fewer points than one of Southampton or West Ham to finish either 1st or 2nd.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Mar 2012 15:36

Mr Angry

We will drop points as well; the trick is to drop fewer points than one of Southampton or West Ham to finish either 1st or 2nd.

Thanks for clearing that one up. :wink:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Mar 2012 15:43

Franchise FC
Mr Angry

Thanks for clearing that one up. :wink:

Only written for the hard of thinking Franchise! :wink:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Mar 2012 15:47

Just made me chuckle

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 18 Mar 2012 17:11

FiNeRaIn I'll be honest, im gearing myself up for double disappointment. You just KNOW this'll be the birmingham season all over again. We'll get fvcked out of second place by the horrible mercenaries west ham and their 9 strikers and then lose to someone shite in the play-offs because we are gutted on missing out on second. In a way I hope we lose the next 5/6 and then make a late surge back into the play-offs with momentum.

Saints are out of reach, they keep getting lucky breaks and are a one man unit, unless lambert gets injured they will win it.

Yes finerain you are a negative twat, bla bla bla but i KNOW some of you feel exactly the same and you can see it coming too.

I hope someone bumps this to prove me wrong if it happens...but im dreading it tbh.

With our run in, it's unlikely we will lose a few, and then come back with a magnificent run. As stated in another thread, our actual run is like 30 games... It's genuine consistency.

When you wrote that OP, you probably believed Saints were out of reach - but with us to play them, and only being 2 points behind - how do you feel now?

We are in a magnificent position, as our run in is against the teams around us - so, where we pick up points they will be losing them - our final league position is in our hands for a change, and not relying on other results. Fantastic!

This is so bloody exciting, I can't contain myself!

314 posts