SIGNED - Pavel Pogrebnyak

1333 posts
Elm Park Pasty

Re: RUMOUR - Pavel Pogrebnyak

by Elm Park Pasty » 18 Jun 2012 16:31

Was a late night think I mixed my metaphors, meant rod :oops: Time for a lie down I think!

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 18 Jun 2012 16:46

Elm Park Pasty Was a late night think I mixed my metaphors, meant rod :oops: Time for a lie down I think!

I knew what you meant mate...just watch you don't get stuck between a rod and a hard place trying to explain..

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 Jun 2012 16:50

You know what they say "Spare the rock and spoil the child".

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Jun 2012 16:54

Geekins The crowd has turned pretty quick. Light the torches and burn the witch.

:pitchfork:

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 18 Jun 2012 17:01

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 18 Jun 2012 17:16

Geekins

News finally reached the fans waiting at The Sig's car parking space that it may actually be The Pog that arrives.......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jun 2012 17:19

Extended-Phenotype What else is there to believe? You haven't said anything. Any bragwit can say "we are going to sign someone". I mean, no sh/t.

It's like the c/nt at school nobody likes harping on about a secret they can't tell anyone. Take your secret, pull a johnny over the top and f/ck yourself with it.

He told us when the TSI deal would be announced. He told us the club was looking to do a deal on Gylfi. He told us we were looking at a signing that would bring the board into meltdown if it happens.

It's pretty thin I'll grant you, but then at the same time there's not a lot more he could say without giving it all away, and if its as big as he's saying the club are likely to be mightily pissed off. To the extent that his source could potentially get the sack or at the very least dry up completely.

But then I always take this stuff with a pinch of salt and am happy to sit back and see what happens.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 18 Jun 2012 17:35

Again, as we don't know the source, we can't comment on the relationship to Big Mike. It may be someone close to him so who knows?

I suppose it is theoretical that RFC don't want transfers leaking out, especially if they have stolen a march for someone who may not have been thought available (ignoring blabbermouth agents!). Also, to pick up on what someone said about how is voicing it on here going to be a problem, it has been noted before that papers (both local and national) have possibly picked up stories from this site, so again it is possible.

I guess we will find out in the long run, and as I said earlier BigMike's problem was maybe mentioning this snippet too early. I hope there is something to this, just for the 'F*** ME!' factor from other club's fans!

royalZILLAAA

by royalZILLAAA » 18 Jun 2012 17:48

Ian Royal [...] if its as big as he's saying the club are likely to be mightily pissed off. To the extent that his source could potentially get the sack or at the very least dry up completely.

But surely if the club were that likely to get pissed off, and could work out who had leaked it, wouldn't they already be pissed off that he had leaked it to BigMike? Why should the club trust him? most of us don't...

I, like many others, am calling bullshit. But adding in a thanks to Mike for keeping me entertained for a few quiet days in the office.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 18 Jun 2012 19:36

It was the perfectly executed troll.

Just suggestions, nothing ever specific, let the board decide what it means, don't confirm or deny anything, always very "wink wink nudge nudge", avoid dates and names, play on suspicion and emotion.

Well played Senor Mike. Well played.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 18 Jun 2012 19:39

LittleMike knows less than I do.

However, getting back on subject - The Pog on a free would be great business.
I wonder if we are going to spend all our warchest on wages ..... (apart from The Sig of course)

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Jun 2012 19:39

All he mentioned was all over Twitter anyway.

I knew about the Gylfi bid before he even mentioned it, from someone else on the board.

Perfect trolling, cap has been doffed.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 18 Jun 2012 20:16

Mike Hunt All he mentioned was all over Twitter anyway.

I knew about the Gylfi bid before he even mentioned it, from someone else on the board.

Perfect trolling, cap has been doffed.

Perfect trolling would also include the ability to admit when the peak has been reached, and not follow on the charade in a futile attempt to actually appear as if still ITK.

If sources leak, then they should expect their information to get out, it's the way it works. If they don't like it? well they they should keep their mouth shut in the first place. All this talk of burning bridges, and losing sources is frankly BS. If a source leaks once, they leak all the time, they love being "ITK", and they love people thinking they are ITK, more proof if needed the Mike has Feck all to offer in terms of insider information. FACTOID.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jun 2012 20:41

royalZILLAAA
Ian Royal [...] if its as big as he's saying the club are likely to be mightily pissed off. To the extent that his source could potentially get the sack or at the very least dry up completely.

But surely if the club were that likely to get pissed off, and could work out who had leaked it, wouldn't they already be pissed off that he had leaked it to BigMike? Why should the club trust him? most of us don't...

I, like many others, am calling bullshit. But adding in a thanks to Mike for keeping me entertained for a few quiet days in the office.

He shut up pretty quick and said he'd been told to shut his mouth by his source... so it's entirely probably the club did see.

Just playing devils advocate

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 18 Jun 2012 20:57

Who actually gives a Fcuk?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 18 Jun 2012 21:33

I have my source, and I definitely wouldn't say the name or how they get their information. No offence guys, but I'd rather getinfo first hand and stay quiet, than share it with you and get nothing else.

If big mike does know something then fair play, if he didn't we probably won't find out. But if it turns out to be true, I know I wouldn't be posting itk stuff again if people took the piss and i turned out to be right so you may have shot yourselves in the foot,

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Jun 2012 21:53

Extended-Phenotype More “look-at-me” posturing with the escape hatch of divulging f/ck all to be held accountable for.

We'll look back at this as a 'call for help' somepoint in the future.

That's a bit rich. Your posts whiff of 'look at me I'm so witty and Russell Brand-esque'. Indulgent at best. I bet you have a little w@nk after each one of your zany posts to celebrate.

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 18 Jun 2012 22:08

MmmMonsterMunch I bet you have a little w@nk after each one of your zany posts to celebrate.

Who doesn't??!!

back in 2 minutes....

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Jun 2012 22:17

gazzer, loyal royal I have my source, and I definitely wouldn't say the name or how they get their information. No offence guys, but I'd rather getinfo first hand and stay quiet, than share it with you and get nothing else.

If big mike does know something then fair play, if he didn't we probably won't find out. But if it turns out to be true, I know I wouldn't be posting itk stuff again if people took the piss and i turned out to be right so you may have shot yourselves in the foot,

You have a track record though as being reliable. You post something, we believe it.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Jun 2012 22:18

MmmMonsterMunch
Extended-Phenotype More “look-at-me” posturing with the escape hatch of divulging f/ck all to be held accountable for.

We'll look back at this as a 'call for help' somepoint in the future.

That's a bit rich. Your posts whiff of 'look at me I'm so witty and Russell Brand-esque'. Indulgent at best. I bet you have a little w@nk after each one of your zany posts to celebrate.

I do also. MMM, don't be jelous, he is a f/cking card

1333 posts