by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Nov 2012 22:12

WELL YES BLOODY OBVIOUSLY

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: 1st reason why McDermott should go - No Guthrie

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2012 22:12

AthleticoSpizz and your thoughts this time last season were?

:roll: :roll:

Unbelievable the way some still think that McDermott can still turn around this current squad in the PL the same way he turned around last years in the very considerably weaker Championship!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 10 Nov 2012 22:14

Avon Royal LOL at "hint" of trouble! :lol:

How exactly are we in trouble? We unexpectedly got here & if we go down, then we go down. So what? 3 teams go down every season - them's the rules.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2012 22:16

Optimist
SPARTA But it is his fault for making some piss poor signings, and not having a clue how to get the best out of them. It's his fault for playing "direct" long-ball football and using two holding midfielders when what we need is creativity in the middle alongside a holding midfielder. He picks the tactics. He prepares the team. It's also his fault for being 10 games in and still not knowing what his best side is.

we have 28 games left. We'll be lucky to win 10 of those! We are going down. Even a change in manager and the change in how we play wont save us now, and there wont be an overhaul in January. It's paper talk.

I don't think any of our summer signings have been piss poor. We have also been unlucky with injuries. If you're referring to Guthrie in terms of not getting the best out of signings, I take it you don't buy "he's injured" story? If not then I'm not going to argue the toss with you cos we are never going to convince each other.

The direct style and tactics are the same ones which won us the league last season, he can't be blamed for not completely overhauling just cos we're now in the PL. When he had Sigurdsson at his disposal, he knew he had a creative midfielder who could have a team based around him, and I'm sure if he finds himself in that position again, either with Guthrie or a January signing, he would try it out again.

Unlucky with injuries?! Injuries always happen and I don't think we've suffered too badly in that respect. What's more, the whole point of having a squad is that you are able to cope with injuries. What the hell is the point of taking up a valuable place in the squad with Bryn when he's not even getting a look in with both Jem and Guthrie injured or otherwise unavailable and Legs and Tabb knackered 65 minutes into a game?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Nov 2012 22:16

turn f11cking what around??

We have lost only 4 games in ten, we have three quarters of the season to go

We are currently one win (lol I know) from escaping the relegation zone

We are selling out our home games

We still have the January influx to come

Unbloodybelievable

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2012 22:17

2 world wars, 1 world cup There is no reason why McDermott should go.

He's doing a good job. One step at a time. Did we honestly expect the Prem to be a walk in the park FFS?

No but we didn't expect it to be sinking in quick sand!

AthleticoSpizz We still have the January influx to come

And the remaining teams in the PL aren't allowed to strengthen their squads at that time? :roll:
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 10 Nov 2012 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Optimist

by Optimist » 10 Nov 2012 22:17

RoyalBlue

Unbelievable the way some still think that McDermott can still turn around this current squad in the PL the same way he turned around last years in the very considerably weaker Championship!

We're in a stronger division, with a stronger squad, which can be made stronger still in January. So yeah, I think he can turn it round, especially when all that means is come May we are one place higher in the division than we are now.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 10 Nov 2012 22:20

Optimist
RoyalBlue

We're in a stronger division, with a stronger squad, which can be made stronger still in January. So yeah, I think he can turn it round, especially when all that means is come May we are one place higher in the division than we are now.

A much, much, stronger division with a barely stronger squad, which might possibly be strengthened in January IF sufficient money is made available and provided decent players want to join a club looking to be on course for the Championship.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Nov 2012 22:20

MmmMonsterMunch

How exactly are we in trouble? We unexpectedly got here & if we go down, then we go down. So what? 3 teams go down every season - them's the rules.

Spoken like a true winner.

Optimist

by Optimist » 10 Nov 2012 22:21

RoyalBlue
Optimist
SPARTA But it is his fault for making some piss poor signings, and not having a clue how to get the best out of them. It's his fault for playing "direct" long-ball football and using two holding midfielders when what we need is creativity in the middle alongside a holding midfielder. He picks the tactics. He prepares the team. It's also his fault for being 10 games in and still not knowing what his best side is.

we have 28 games left. We'll be lucky to win 10 of those! We are going down. Even a change in manager and the change in how we play wont save us now, and there wont be an overhaul in January. It's paper talk.

I don't think any of our summer signings have been piss poor. We have also been unlucky with injuries. If you're referring to Guthrie in terms of not getting the best out of signings, I take it you don't buy "he's injured" story? If not then I'm not going to argue the toss with you cos we are never going to convince each other.

The direct style and tactics are the same ones which won us the league last season, he can't be blamed for not completely overhauling just cos we're now in the PL. When he had Sigurdsson at his disposal, he knew he had a creative midfielder who could have a team based around him, and I'm sure if he finds himself in that position again, either with Guthrie or a January signing, he would try it out again.

Unlucky with injuries?! Injuries always happen and I don't think we've suffered too badly in that respect. What's more, the whole point of having a squad is that you are able to cope with injuries. What the hell is the point of taking up a valuable place in the squad with Bryn when he's not even getting a look in with both Jem and Guthrie injured or otherwise unavailable and Legs and Tabb knackered 65 minutes into a game?

Starting the season with Kebe and Roberts injured, then getting McCarthy, Karacan, Guthrie and Federici injured suggests we've suffered more than most clubs.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Nov 2012 22:21

Optimist
RoyalBlue

Who will want to come in January?

Also will we pay the over the top prices in January when we didnt want to pay the prices before the season started

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Nov 2012 22:23

RoyalBlue And the remaining teams in the PL aren't allowed to strengthen their squads at that time? :roll:
I hear Guthries available...guffaw

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Nov 2012 22:25

AthleticoSpizz
RoyalBlue And the remaining teams in the PL aren't allowed to strengthen their squads at that time? :roll:
I hear Guthries available...guffaw

Are you having a breakdown?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Nov 2012 22:27

explain your concern Avon :arrow:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Nov 2012 22:32

You just seem very agitated, am genuinely concerned you may keel over.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Nov 2012 22:33

:lol:

You clueless canker you

Optimist

by Optimist » 10 Nov 2012 22:36

ManchesterRoyals

Also will we pay the over the top prices in January when we didnt want to pay the prices before the season started

The chances of there not being a single decent player in world football looking to play regularly in the PL whilst recieving a decent wage are rather slim. If only we had a manager who was once a decent scout...

If it means we stay in the PL and establish ourselves as a "big" club, I wouldn't particularly mind if we paid a little bit extra.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 10 Nov 2012 22:37

Avon Royal
MmmMonsterMunch

Spoken like a true winner.

I love the way you are picking up every single one of my posts! Brilliant - I must've hit a nerve. Sorry for not frothing at the mouth on the basis we've not spunked loads of cash we don't have & got the special one in to manage us.

Please tell me what your solution is? Dying to hear it.

Would you like BM sacked? And who would you like in to replace him?

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Nov 2012 22:39

Optimist
ManchesterRoyals

The chances of there not being a single decent player in world football looking to play regularly in the PL whilst recieving a decent wage are rather slim. If only we had a manager who was once a decent scout...

If it means we stay in the PL and establish ourselves as a "big" club, I wouldn't particularly mind if we paid a little bit extra.

Nor would i, but we should have done are business in the summer not wait till January it might be to late by then

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Nov 2012 22:42

AthleticoSpizz :lol:

You clueless canker you

You mustn't take it all so seriously - if someone criticises the club it's not the end of the world.

344 posts