Spurs back from the Game/sofa

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Spurs back from the Game/sofa

by melonhead » 02 Jan 2013 14:01

obv you can all do what you like at a game, and if thats boo ing your own players, thats up to you.
i just dont think it helps, and makes you look like a tit

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 02 Jan 2013 14:06

Was sat in the home end with a Spurs mate - South Stand in the upper tier not far from the away end. My first away game for years!

Can't understand any criticism for Leigertwood. His place in the team was under serious threat but he was one of our best players yesterday. Yes he was to blame for the 1st goal but he was superb otherwise, strong winning the ball or making blocks and his composure and quality on the ball was the best i've seen from him for a long time. He outshone both Karacan and Guthrie comfortably for me. Bit disappointed with the result (and the final scoreline was also possibly a bit harsh on us) - never enjoy seeing us lose a game from a winning position even if before the game on paper i thought we could get thrashed 4-0. First visit to White Hart Lane, a ground I've wanted to do for a while, and must admit wasn't particularly impressed, maybe I expected too much! Good atmosphere coming from the away end though.

Ratings
Fed 8 joint MOTM. Looked solid. A poor kick in the 1st half put us in trouble but made a amends with a decent save later in the half. Great save from Parker late on, was right behind it and it was destined for the top corner.
Gunter 6 Didn't stand out for me.
Pearce 7.5 Beaten in the air for the 2nd goal by Adebayor but was otherwise absolutely fantastic and had a header cleared off the line in the 2nd half.
Mariappa 7.5 Won headers and made one crucial block in the 1st half.
Harte 7 His 1st half performance was as good as i've ever seen him play. Unlucky not to score with a great free-kick and then solid defensively - it says something when Lennon is having to cut inside. Really struggled 2nd half defensively when we went for it but still put in one particularly dangerous corner during our little spell.
Karacan 6 Did ok but struggled at times to cope with their midfield.
Leigertwood 8 joint MOTM see the start of the post but the stats mentioned on page 1 of the thread don't surprise me at all.
Kebe 7 - Spent the 1st half basically playing as a 2nd right-back and most of the 2nd half playing left-wing. He offers more protection and cover than any of our other wingers imo and but for a great covering tackle in the 2nd half might well have scored.
Guthrie 6 Put the corner in which led to the Pearce header but otherwise offered very little.
McAnuff 5.5 Possibly harsh but he struggled a bit offensively up against Walker and didn't seem comfortable in the 3 man midfield when we switched to 4-3-3 2nd half.
Pog 7 Excellent 1st half scoring and winning the free-kick that led to the goal but faded 2nd half.

Subs HRK 4 The only things he did were negative
ALF 5 Didn't have an impact
Hunt 5 Not enough time to have an impact. The game was over by then anyway.

McD 7 The 4-5-1 is obviously working well, not sure about the switch to 4-3-3 (although it was a prompt response to falling behind) but changing to 4-4-2 was the right decision.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 02 Jan 2013 14:36

bobby1413 The atmosphere was terrible, one of the worst i've encountered at a premier league game which was a bit of a shame as I really like White Hart Lane.

Went to Liverpool Street for about 11ish and had breakfast there and had quite a few pints around that area. Then about 1 went to the Irish bar near to White Hart Lane tube station. Was really weird inside and around there, felt like it was a community event, not a pre-football drinking venue. Was the food nice in there?

Annoying when football grounds don't serve alcohol at half time too.

The match itself was OK I thought, Reading had a few really good chances towards the end to even it to 2-2 but the way Tottenham dominated was scary, they were in total control.

All this Jobi abuse is harsh in the way it's so vocal. Is it simply as he's playing badly, if that's the case then I think the fans booing him and cheering when he was taken off (like the idiot behind me was doing at a stupid volume), they should all re-consider as it's not going to help at all.

Agree 100% about the lack of atmosphere in the ground and at the Irish Club. As for the food it looked OK but My sons and I had burger & chips and the burgers were still frozen in the middle! Result was expected but we were disappointed that the day out was not what we thought it would be.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 02 Jan 2013 14:56

Feds - 8 MOTM
Gunter - 6.5
Pearce - 7.5
Mariappa - 7.5
Harte - 7 would have got 6.5 if it wasn't for his free-kick.
Leigertwood - 6 good defensively but poor going forward/passing. No point trying to win the ball if you're just going give it straight back to them. Also at fault for their first goal.
Karacan - 6 went missing, chasing shadows tbf. Looked exhausted.
Guthrie - 6.5 good vision, shame the rest of the team aren't on his level. Would have put Jobi through many times if Jobi was a bit faster.
Kebe - 7
McAnuff - 6 was up against Kyle Walker so didn't expect much from him
Pog - 7.5 strong, thick, solid, tight....

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 02 Jan 2013 15:24

West_Reading
semtex1871 Legs clearly at fault for Spurs first goal....was supposed to be marking Dawson but just stood still.....Legs woeful yet again :cry:

No he wasn't. Were you at the game?

Yeah I was there....me and my mate were sat in the upper tier, row 16, seats 269 & 270. Where were you?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jan 2013 18:06

pea Lol @ Ian Royal's ratings, we beat West Ham and keep a clean sheet and he criticises every single one of our players, we throw away a lead and lose 3-1 against Tottenham and he is full of praise :|

:| I didn't criticise all of our players. I noted areas for improvement on some but generally gave better than average ratings for virtually all. And I praised the effort, performance and result. And Spurs are a much better team than West Ham, so I took that into account in my review of the spurs game.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 02 Jan 2013 20:22

Ian Royal
pea Lol @ Ian Royal's ratings, we beat West Ham and keep a clean sheet and he criticises every single one of our players, we throw away a lead and lose 3-1 against Tottenham and he is full of praise :|

:| I didn't criticise all of our players. I noted areas for improvement on some but generally gave better than average ratings for virtually all. And I praised the effort, performance and result. And Spurs are a much better team than West Ham, so I took that into account in my review of the spurs game.

No you did, I read it back a second time to see if there were any you didn't criticise in some way and there weren't, but I assumed its just the way you watch the game. Clearly you were just having a grumpy day ;)

Not a criticism, would rather an honest assessment than the rest of the manic depressive kneejerks on here.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 02 Jan 2013 20:29

North Somerset Royal
bobby1413 The atmosphere was terrible, one of the worst i've encountered at a premier league game which was a bit of a shame as I really like White Hart Lane.

Went to Liverpool Street for about 11ish and had breakfast there and had quite a few pints around that area. Then about 1 went to the Irish bar near to White Hart Lane tube station. Was really weird inside and around there, felt like it was a community event, not a pre-football drinking venue. Was the food nice in there?

Annoying when football grounds don't serve alcohol at half time too.

The match itself was OK I thought, Reading had a few really good chances towards the end to even it to 2-2 but the way Tottenham dominated was scary, they were in total control.

All this Jobi abuse is harsh in the way it's so vocal. Is it simply as he's playing badly, if that's the case then I think the fans booing him and cheering when he was taken off (like the idiot behind me was doing at a stupid volume), they should all re-consider as it's not going to help at all.

Agree 100% about the lack of atmosphere in the ground and at the Irish Club. As for the food it looked OK but My sons and I had burger & chips and the burgers were still frozen in the middle! Result was expected but we were disappointed that the day out was not what we thought it would be.

you went to white hart lane tube station?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 02 Jan 2013 20:31

I meant train station!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Jan 2013 21:38

semtex1871
West_Reading
semtex1871 Legs clearly at fault for Spurs first goal....was supposed to be marking Dawson but just stood still.....Legs woeful yet again :cry:

No he wasn't. Were you at the game?

Yeah I was there....me and my mate were sat in the upper tier, row 16, seats 269 & 270. Where were you?

So you were the moaning tw@ts p1ssing everyone off? Small world!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jan 2013 22:15

pea
Ian Royal

No you did, I read it back a second time to see if there were any you didn't criticise in some way and there weren't, but I assumed its just the way you watch the game. Clearly you were just having a grumpy day ;)

Not a criticism, would rather an honest assessment than the rest of the manic depressive kneejerks on here.

I wasn't having a grumpy day in the slightest. If you think that a summary of the good and bad for each player is criticising that's mad. How can you put together a rating unless you consider both. Hardly a surprise that a team struggling to stay off the foot of the table don't have flawless performances or play brilliantly to win.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 02 Jan 2013 22:26

MmmMonsterMunch
semtex1871

So you were the moaning tw@ts p1ssing everyone off? Small world!

Wasn't there really, I get all my football opinions off of MOTD!!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Jan 2013 22:28

LOL I know. I doubt the person behind me yesterday could even use a keyboard TBH.

Warfield North Stand

by Warfield North Stand » 02 Jan 2013 22:29

How anyone thought Ledge was good is beyond me. Was he better than he has been? Yes, but that's not hard.

He did break up play but his 1st touch is so appauling that he nearly gives it back every time just trying to control it. He did rake a couple of long passes but so what? Premiership standard midfielders are supposed to be able to do that more than once in 4 months. Lennon and co repeatably went past him like he was standing still and he seemed to spend most of the match trying to explain his way out of his latest cock up to his fellow players. In short, he is a liability.