BFTG Wigan

314 posts
VOR

Re: BFTG Wigan

by VOR » 23 Feb 2013 19:49

windermere_royal One word says it all GUTLESS.
totally inept in all departments to let fellow relegation canditates walk all over us.
not a single outfield player can come out of this with any credit, 5 being the highest I will give any of them.
but don`t get me started on Brians tactics, 4-5-1 in a must win game resulted in a frustrated Pog getting a red card.
and WTF has Pearce done wrong???

I feared before KO we may have left too much on the pitch at Old Trafford. Most of those who played then were off the pace today.

When we started 4-4-2 every week we couldn't buy a win but this may just have been the sort of game where it was needed

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Feb 2013 19:49

Shards#2 wrote: I think the manager and the team are entitled to some slack.

Are you f***ing serious? We have missed a big opportunity today because the manager and the team he put out under performed from the 1st minute, and that is putting it mildly.

There minds must have been elsewhere.... if you give it a go and go down fighting you know you have tried your best.

Today was a whimper, rating as the 2nd worst performance by a Reading team I have seen at the Mad Stad.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 23 Feb 2013 19:51

The Real Sandhurst Royal

Are you f***ing serious? We have missed a big opportunity today because the manager and the team he put out under performed from the 1st minute, and that is putting it mildly.

There minds must have been elsewhere.... if you give it a go and go down fighting you know you have tried your best.

Today was a whimper, rating as the 2nd worst performance by a Reading team I have seen at the Mad Stad.

That last sentence opens up quite a multiple choice quiz. I'll start with Reading 0 Watford 2 last season

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 23 Feb 2013 19:51

RoyalBlue Incidentally, which of our January signings is of a similar quality to Scharner?

Hammond, McDermott and co take note!

Kelly?

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 23 Feb 2013 19:52

howser I read with a wee smile that McDermott says they won't appeal Pogs red card, "we've got players to come in and they will be hungry" have I missed something did we sign someone in the window that hasn't been announced yet ?? Church no way good enough, Hunt two foot midget, Blackman unproven third division player, we so use these transfer windows to the best of our ability ..............................Premier experienced players we were promised and as usual that turned out to be a load of bollox as well !!

Again Kelly ?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Feb 2013 19:54

The Real Sandhurst Royal

:shock:

Really? Did you miss the first couple of seasons we played at the Mad Stad?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Feb 2013 19:56

Oh and the east stand getting on Scharners back after he fouled Jem just fired him up. He literally ran the game after that incident. Was even playing upfront at the end!

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Feb 2013 19:58

No, Next question please?

Jacko_Lantern

by Jacko_Lantern » 23 Feb 2013 20:00

Serious, our midfield and defence today was an absolute disgrace.

Our back 4 were seriously poor. Mariappa is usually decent but was not in the game at all today and saw no passion with him and he didn't get stuck in, Morrison was fantastic at the start of the season but seems to have got into the habit of constantly passing back to Federici instead of playing the ball forward, Grandpa Harte was nowhere to be seen marking-wise and a usually good player seemed to be not focussed today at all and Kelly was ok but again, never really got stuck in.

Midfield were a disgrace. Why the f*ck would BM take off Akpan? I know he made some poor mistakes but he is easily one of our best players and 100% PL standard, Karacan is a waste of space- runs everywhere but never wins the ball, Mcanuff and Ledge are absolute boll*cks- heard the other day they played in the same team as youths... maybe they were influenced to be poor as sh*t at a young age and Kebe had some good runs but became more and more lazy throught the game.

Our strikers are decent. Pog shouldn't get the cr@p he gets, Alfie is an excellent player but we expect too much of him- hes not going to be our saviour every week! Hut also is okay. Without the service of midfield what do you expect?

We should have come out with determination, passion and an attitude that was the realisation that we had to win. We had none of those. Pathetic.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Feb 2013 20:03

Surprised by alot of the comments here. I thought most of the team was largely ok, not great but not awful for the first 40. We were well in it and i'd say slightly on top. That said, Karacan needs to try and play a simple pass every now and again rather a killer ball EVERY time and Pog made a mistake.

The real blame lies with Morrison who was atrocious. For me that was the worst performance by a Reading player this season. Constantly out of position, crap with the ball at his feet and constantly putting the players around him under pressure. I like the guy, and acknowledge that he's played well in the past, but that performance was unforgivable.

Mariappa, Harte and Kelly did very well for my money. Only once we went 4-3-2 and they lost all protection on the wings did they look weak. Only criticism would be that they didn't babysit Morrison.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Feb 2013 20:04

The Real Sandhurst Royal

In that case even more of a :shock: that that is the second worst you say you've seen.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 23 Feb 2013 20:06

Lol @ all the mongs booing Figeroa for being fouled.

How dare he be fouled!!!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Feb 2013 20:06

A bit of perspective:

1-We have done fantastically well in the last few weeks and generally at home so a defeat ike this was statistically always going to happen
2- 451 was completely reasonable and exactly what I'd expect. We been there and tried the 442 start and it just DID NOT WORK. 451 to keep it tough with the option of going 442 if not performing is what we have learnt is the best way. It's ludicrous to start knee jerking and calling for 442 in hindsight just because we lost !
3- yes they were better than us and deserved their goal, but we have to admit the second goal, whilst a good goal with awful defending from us was just unlucky. It was unlucky to get hit with two goals just before half time. It was even more unlucky to concede so early on in the second half. And then have Pog get understandably frustrated and lose him too. Sometimes in football the luck doesn't stack up.
4- were still in with a shout of survival if everyone just keeps their heads. We ARE a good side

Having said that Brian MUST NOW REALISE that

- PEARCE. MUST. START.

Other choices options are debatable I.e. Karacan, legs, Jobi, guthrie etc but Pearce starting is an absolute no brainer.

If that's all we learn from today then today will have been worth it.

The 3-0 defeat doesn't bother me.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Feb 2013 20:07

The Real Sandhurst Royal

Not a regular then.

It's a miracle we have an opportunity. We are the worst team/squad in the division by a street and today it showed. For the past month or so we've been getting results in spite of that.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 23 Feb 2013 20:07

The Real Sandhurst Royal

If it was worse that Bristol Rovers in 1999, Scunthorpe in 2000 and the trio of 3-0 defeats over xmas 2003 (Palace and Wimbledon at home) then I absolutely pity the lot of you that went.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Feb 2013 20:08

Jacko_Lantern
Midfield were a disgrace. Why the f*ck would BM take off Akpan? I know he made some poor mistakes but he is easily one of our best players and 100% PL standard, Karacan is a waste of space- runs everywhere but never wins the ball, Mcanuff and Ledge are absolute boll*cks- heard the other day they played in the same team as youths... maybe they were influenced to be poor as sh*t at a young age and Kebe had some good runs but became more and more lazy throught the game.

Wow.

Good games from Akpan for Reading- about 2? Sunderland at home, a good half today, and a good pass against Chelsea.

Good games from each of Kebe, McAnuff, Legs, Karacan- upwards of 50 apiece. I mean Legs for example, 87 league matches for us, in 80 of those he's been absolute quality. Thought he was better than Akpan today even.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Feb 2013 20:09

Jacko_Lantern
Midfield were a disgrace. Why the f*ck would BM take off Akpan?.

I agree, a VERY odd decision. Th only player who looked like he was going to do something and he did create chances the whole time by winning balls, having runs, having a go. As far as I'm concerned taking him off lost us the game. One of the poorest decisions I've seen Brian make in his whole time here. Sorry Brian, you screwed this up big time.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Feb 2013 20:10

SCIAG
Jacko_Lantern

Wow.

Good games from Akpan for Reading- about 2? Sunderland at home, a good half today, and a good pass against Chelsea.

Good games from each of Kebe, McAnuff, Legs, Karacan- upwards of 50 apiece. I mean Legs for example, 87 league matches for us, in 80 of those he's been absolute quality. Thought he was better than Akpan today even.

Wow? What's that in percentages? There's your wow. Akpan has done FAR more than the odd pass. What about header assists- today another example of a brilliant header at the far post knocking it back to ?who? who should have done better. Akpan is going to be a star.

JayRoyal

by JayRoyal » 23 Feb 2013 20:11

Slept through this after staying up all night and my alarm deciding it'd turn itself off (although was probably me in zombie mode)

First I see this, then I see I've lost my £1400 Accumulator on one game

not sure which one to be more gutted about :/

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 23 Feb 2013 20:15

Where do I start
Firstly we were at home against a side who have not won in the league this year, second from bottom of the league.
That tells me that an early goal would probably knock their confidence and we could push on from there!

So Brian Why Oh Why play a 4-5-1 formation inviting them to come at us.
I can understand playing this formation against the Man U's etc. But this was the team 2nd to ffin bottom!

Apart from Feds,(who probably stopped us from another Bristol Rovers type result) Kelly, Akpan and Marriapa the rest were absolutely dreadful.

What Karacan brings to the team I have no Idea. The one midfielder who was playing well (Akpan) was taken off. :shock:
Morrisson (Who I have really rated) had a mare!

I cannot recall one shot on target. Their keeper had nothing to do and will not have an easier game

I'm a big fan of Brian but he got it badly wrong today.
Wigan were made to look like Barcelona by our inept game plan. That's down to the management I am afraid.

314 posts