SJM - Minutes silence vs Liverpool

335 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: SJM - Minutes silence vs Liverpool

by TBM » 10 Apr 2013 01:19

Just for the lols the club should say its a minutes silence for The 96 AND Maggie - the poor scouse scum won't know how to react :lol:

interestedobserver

by interestedobserver » 10 Apr 2013 02:35

theres no way I'd respect a minutes silence for Thatcher and it is a lovely reminder of how Madejski sees the club as an extension of his ego to suggest it.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Apr 2013 03:23

I would never intentionally ruin a minute's silence if the silence takes place very soon after a death. I believe this to be disrespectful, if not to the dead person then to myself. How can someone morally judge others, whilst celebrating a death?

Tbh if Liverpool fans want to honour the 96 then they should be classy and take the moral high-ground, raise flags or whatever if they want. Many from the Hillsborough disaster were children, I find celebrating a death in the name of a child pretty distasteful.

If I had died as a child through an accident, or even now, and someone had covered it up and this person subsequently dies I would not want my family or others celebrating this person's death in my name, I would consider it a dishonour.

Edit: I don't think a minute's silence is at all appropriate in this instance, but hope that those who did disagree with it would rise above it (excuse the cliche)

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 10 Apr 2013 07:28

SJM and Whelan showing their Tory roots ...only two to come out supporting a minute's silence ...the FA and Prem League wisely not supporting the idea....

SJM needs to put his personal political beliefs to one side ...hoping AZ tells him that it ain't going to happen

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Apr 2013 07:48

Liverpool have already held a minute's silence "for the upcoming anniversary of Hillsboro" at the Liverpool v West Ham game

So why another?

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 10 Apr 2013 08:26

Ideal
BenReadingFC SJM has opened a huge shitty can of worms with this shit.
RFC should ditch their plans of a silence for either The 96

Honestly I am so tired of hearing the constant harping on about these damn 96, I would applaud if JM were to set fire to one of these "Justice 96" shirts and piss all over it, these people have long since worn out any patience people may have had to listen to their cause, and besides their own fans squished those people to death because they were too eager to get in, so they have to accept some of the blame themselves.

I think you'll find that, after 23 years of not being listened to, and draining the patience of people like you who thought it was all their own fault so why don't they just oxf*rd off and go away and shut up, it turns out none of it was their fault and that that was all a cover up. But let's just say you are right - put your money where your mouth is. Drive up to Anfield. Buy a Justice shirt. Piss on it next to the Hillsborough memorial. Just dont wear a Reading shirt when you do it.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 10 Apr 2013 08:42

Cannot believe the moronic, ill informed comments from some posters on here - presumably those too young to know what Thatcher did for this country.

If it wasn't for her, then I doubt there would be a Great Britain today as we know it. Sacrifices had to be made and industrial England/Scotland was always going to suffer if we wanted to save ourselves.

If the only way to save the patient is to lop off a leg, then you do it.

However I don't agree with a minutes silcence.

And I don't want a minutes silence for Hillsborough either.

philM

by philM » 10 Apr 2013 09:01

Massive PR cock-up.

We've got "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" topping all the download charts and heading to be next weekend's number one, people being arrested at parties celebrating her death, and a massive polarised discussion/argument going on all over the UK and we send SJM into the spotlight.

First he says Thatcher deserves a minutes silence for the "brilliant" things she did despite "the Poll Tax and so on". She was a "colossus in terms of the world stage that deserves respect from the whole nation". Does he even realise he's winding up a lot of people up by telling them off there.

Then the club change the message and say the silence is for Hillsborough.

Liverpool fans now suspect they are being ambushed by a vindictive old-school Tory bastard.

Shit kicks off.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 10 Apr 2013 09:04

It's nice to know that even in these days of slick PR Media machines and Sky hyperbole, you can still rely on good old bumblebollocks Madejski to put the cat amongst the pigeons in his usual loose cannon manner.

I'm going to miss him when he finally disappears.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 10 Apr 2013 09:05

Ideal
BenReadingFC SJM has opened a huge shitty can of worms with this shit.
RFC should ditch their plans of a silence for either The 96

Honestly I am so tired of hearing the constant harping on about these damn 96, I would applaud if JM were to set fire to one of these "Justice 96" shirts and piss all over it, these people have long since worn out any patience people may have had to listen to their cause, and besides their own fans squished those people to death because they were too eager to get in, so they have to accept some of the blame themselves.

Attn lurking Liverpool fans.

Ideal is our resident Norwegian extremist. Slightly to the right of Anders Breivik. You'll find him somewhere in Norway.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 10 Apr 2013 09:12

Anyone who would choose to disrupt any minutes silence is an absolute twat IMHO.

I would be pretty pissed off to have to sit through 90 minutes of scousers celebrating the death of an 87 year old woman with altzheimers on Saturday. If they really want celebrate that, they can crack on with it in their own town amongst like minded morons.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Apr 2013 09:21

Ideal
Divvy YNWA

Most pathetic song in football these days. Song itself is mediocre, gets cringeworthy when they sing it in a football stadium.
It's like some team singing Justin Bieber songs 30 years down the road.

least they have a unique song

philM

by philM » 10 Apr 2013 09:28

Schards#2 Anyone who would choose to disrupt any minutes silence is an absolute twat IMHO.

Anyone who expects a minutes silence in the middle of the biggest national shouting match we've had for years is surely the more absolute twat?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 10 Apr 2013 09:32

philM
Schards#2 Anyone who would choose to disrupt any minutes silence is an absolute twat IMHO.

Anyone who expects a minutes silence in the middle of the biggest national shouting match we've had for years is surely the more absolute twat?

I don't think it's a good idea as, clearly, it won't be respected by everyone but I would never dream of disrupting a minute silence that many felt was justified, whatever my opinions of the subject.

retro royal

by retro royal » 10 Apr 2013 09:34

I thought we had already agreed for a minutes silence before she died as this is the nearest anniversary to Hillsborough.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 10 Apr 2013 10:09

A minutes silence for our brief (again) tenure in the Premier League is probably more apt !

Thatcher was a divisive and controversial PM who stripted and sold off most of this countries assets, for which todays generation are in part paying the price.

EG Coal,Gas, Electric imports from the former Easten block (theres irony for you).

Nationalised public transport which is overpriced and inefficient

A bunch of rich Bankers who almost bankrupted the country

A self centred society and no more "community" spirt

The list is quite frankly endless.....

The Liverpool fans will have a field day.........

Reading West

by Reading West » 10 Apr 2013 10:12

Talk sport confirmed three will be a minute silence this sat........ For Hillsbough SJM can have his private minute silence for thatcher at the same time.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Apr 2013 10:14

Britian now >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Britain in 1979

To be honest I think you should all just say thank you.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Apr 2013 10:21

There will be a minute's silence - quite rightly - for Hillsbrough

Under no circumstances should the club "hijack" this as also a minute's silence for Mrs Thatcher

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Apr 2013 10:23

This is all about SJM putting his foot in it isn't it? If it is true that a minute's silence for the Hillsborough anniversary was planned anyway, SJM has put his size 12 in and muddied the water when a little forethought would have been more appropriate.

335 posts