Re: The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

by Lacoste » 24 Nov 2013 11:13

Bump :?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 24 Nov 2013 11:41

Lacoste Bump :?

yea we drew away from home. an absolute disgrace , and if the ref had done what he is paid to do we would have had a chance to win from the spot

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 24 Nov 2013 11:46

windermere_royal

yea we drew away from home. an absolute disgrace , and if the ref had done what he is paid to do we would have had a chance to win from the spot

If Adkins did what he was paid to do then we'd have a frontline capable of getting a shot on target.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Nov 2013 11:46

windermere_royal

but the football is rubbish.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 24 Nov 2013 18:30

Big Foot
windermere_royal

If Adkins did what he was paid to do then we'd have a frontline capable of getting a shot .

corrected for you

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 24 Nov 2013 18:30

windermere_royal

these things even themselves out - v Yeovil we should not have had a penalty, and ALF should have had a yellow card

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Nov 2013 20:25

Big Foot If Adkins did what he was paid to do then we'd have a frontline capable of getting a shot on target.

Pathetic comment. The strikers aren't a problem. Name me three better strikers than Pogrebnyak, Le Fondre and Sharp at any other club in the Championship?

Our problem is our lack of creativity. We give these strikers next to nothing!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Nov 2013 10:48

SPARTA
Big Foot If Adkins did what he was paid to do then we'd have a frontline capable of getting a shot on target.

Pathetic comment. The strikers aren't a problem. Name me three better strikers than Pogrebnyak, Le Fondre and Sharp at any other club in the Championship?

QPR - Charlie Austin, Tom Carroll & Bobby Zamora
Burnley - Sam Vokes & Danny Ings (no loanees unlike Reading/QPR)

Anymore for anymore?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 25 Nov 2013 11:22

Big Foot
SPARTA

Anymore for anymore?

Cringe. Tom Carroll is a midfielder.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Nov 2013 11:52

Adkins OUT

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Nov 2013 11:52

Big Foot
SPARTA

Anymore for anymore?

Pog, Le Fondre, Sharp, Blackman, HRK, Roberts, Samuel, Uwgu...

Look at some of the other teams in the league,

Blackburn - Rhodes, King, Rochina & Campbell
Bournemouth - Grabban, Pitman, Thomas, McQuoid, Rantie
Brighton - Ulloa, Hoskins, Barnes, Mackail-Smith & Lita
Burnley - Vokes & Ings
Charlton - Kermorgant & Church
Derby - Russell, Martin, Ward, Bennett & Sammon
Forest - Henderson, Mackie, Miller, Cox, Derbyshire, Tudgay & Paterson
Huddersfield - Vaughan, Stead & Paterson
Leeds - McCormack, Blackstock, Varney, Smith, Hunt & Poleon.
QPR - Austin, Johnson, Zamora, Chevanton, Shariff & Hitchcock [Carroll is a midfielder]
Sheffield Watford - Deeney, Forestieri, Fabbrini, Acuna, Ikpeazu & Mensah
Wednesday - Wickham, Fryatt & Nuhiu
Wigan - Holt, McManaman & Fortune

All front lines capable of scoring decent numbers at this level.

I'd rate Burnley and Wednesday's first team partnerships above ours, and probably the rest of the league, but depth is a worry for them. I think Forest have the best strength and depth in the league.

Blackburn, Brighton, Derby, Leeds, Wigan, Watford on par with us, QPR better if Zamora and Johnson could stay fit [couple of promising young players coming through in Hitchcock and Shariff - see Ugwu/Samuel or Ikpeazu/Mensah].

Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Charlton aren't that far behind.

Our wingers/attacking midfield is where we should excel. If we could get our squad fit.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 25 Nov 2013 12:31

You missed out Best at Blackburn.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 25 Nov 2013 12:33

It should be noted how we haven't had much luck with injuries. We've signed the best full back in the league, but he's only been fit 50% of the time and is out for a while, we've paid a fair chunk of money for an international midfielder who wasn't close to being match fit at the start of the season due to a previous injury and as soon as he was approaching full fitness we lost him for 2 months. We brought in a guy on high wages who was supposed to be the centre of our attacking play this season, but he's been injured/woefully unfit for the majority of the season. We spent most of the end of last season developing a midfield axis based around Karacan, who then gets another long term injury just as he was starting to come into some form. Not to mention that in Roberts and Leigertwood we have two players that are taking up a large portion of our wage budget and haven't even come close to being fit enough to be involved. Our Uefa Cup winning leading striker was desperately trying to force himself a move so barely turned up to our first half a dozen games of the season.

Teams with this ^ kind of luck don't go on mega runs of form. It would be unfair on Adkins to judge him until he has at least 90% of his squad fighting fit.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 25 Nov 2013 12:41

I happen to believe that Adkins is a good manager and we're lucky to have him in charge. I also believe that he will walk sooner rather than later.

I was so positive after the Fulham away game last season, the way we looked like we were starting to play good football with Anton in the background saying how strong we were going to be for the next campaign, and then in the summer, the first three players we bought.

It then appeared to hit a brick wall, no sign of this passing and exciting football and seemingly, Adkins unhappy at the players which came in initially.

What happened? Were players purchased behind his back? Did money run out? Was he lied to?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Nov 2013 12:43

We'll never know.

My personal opinion/gut feeling is that this is not the squad Adkins wanted, and that our playing style has suffered as we have adjusted to the demands of the Championship without the personnel the gaffer would like to have seen in place.

I just have a funny feeling this isn't going to end well, and I don't think Nigel is to blame (like I didn't think Brian was to blame for the lack of funds/investment in the side).

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Nov 2013 12:47

Lacoste You missed out Best at Blackburn.

Yeah, I did. Perhaps I should have researched it rather than jotting down what came to mind.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 25 Nov 2013 12:58

Sanguine We'll never know.

My personal opinion/gut feeling is that this is not the squad Adkins wanted, and that our playing style has suffered as we have adjusted to the demands of the Championship without the personnel the gaffer would like to have seen in place.

I just have a funny feeling this isn't going to end well, and I don't think Nigel is to blame (like I didn't think Brian was to blame for the lack of funds/investment in the side).

BM - has got Leeds playing decent football and has integrated the Youth players well.

If you don't play well then shouldn't we give others a run in the Team who haven't had a chance to prove themselves - we have a big squad?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Nov 2013 13:36

Can't we just swallow our pride and bring Brian back?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Nov 2013 14:18

Maguire Can't we just swallow our pride and bring Brian back?

Pretty much this.

361 posts