FAO Pitch Invading twats

322 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: FAO Pitch Invading twats

by loyalroyal4life » 04 May 2014 00:21

I blame Kingsley, he started jumping up and down towards the end!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 May 2014 01:05

From the comments on the Guardian match report... It's 5Live's fault:

"Right, this is what happened. I was watching the TV stream and listening to the radio, and can explain. It was really quite comical if you're not a Reading fan.

The Reading game finished. The fans knew Brighton were leading, and heading for the playoffs. A lot of people were anxiously listening to radios. The BBC 5 Live presenter said: "Now let's go to the City ground". We then hear the commentator at the City Ground saying excitedly: "...where the match has finished, 2-2!"

The Reading fans went wild, thinking Forest had equalised. News spread across the Madejski.
What they didn't know was that the Forest commentator was joined in mid-sentence, and was referring to the Reading result at the Madejski...!

Those listening to radios quickly realised, but all the others were still leaping around and running on the pitch, and were well beyond calming down until the result flashed up on the big screen.

Oh dear! I have many Reading friends, incidentally, and feel sorry for them. But as crossed wires go, it was pretty funny."

TheWhisper

by TheWhisper » 04 May 2014 07:55

Royal Ginger Thanks to the Football League show for their merciful choice not to show the ridiculous pitch invasion.

+1

TheWhisper

by TheWhisper » 04 May 2014 07:58

To be honest with you I didn't know there was supposed to be a lap of appreciation.
Might have been an idea to mention it on here http://www.readingfc.co.uk/documents/rfc-gttg-burnley154-1521570.pdf?dm_i=1W2T,2F96S,C2UJ9D,8T397,1

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 04 May 2014 08:08

Pitch invasions are for getting promoted, not for finishing more than 20 points behind the top two.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 04 May 2014 08:08

harry
MmmMonsterMunch Why did you feel the need to get on the pitch at all? Had we won something or am I 'misinformed'?

We won 7th! Everyone else has been falling over themselves to get it, but we did it!

:lol:

I drunkenly ran on the pitch, I don't know what everyone else's motivation was but I was celebrating the end of this awful season and getting to go away to Brentford and Fulham next year.

I'm truly sorry for all those who missed the 'lap of honour' and now have another thing to worry about when caring what other clubs and people think of us.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 May 2014 08:31

genome From the comments on the Guardian match report... It's 5Live's fault:

"Right, this is what happened. I was watching the TV stream and listening to the radio, and can explain. It was really quite comical if you're not a Reading fan.

The Reading game finished. The fans knew Brighton were leading, and heading for the playoffs. A lot of people were anxiously listening to radios. The BBC 5 Live presenter said: "Now let's go to the City ground". We then hear the commentator at the City Ground saying excitedly: "...where the match has finished, 2-2!"

The Reading fans went wild, thinking Forest had equalised. News spread across the Madejski.
What they didn't know was that the Forest commentator was joined in mid-sentence, and was referring to the Reading result at the Madejski...!

Those listening to radios quickly realised, but all the others were still leaping around and running on the pitch, and were well beyond calming down until the result flashed up on the big screen.

Oh dear! I have many Reading friends, incidentally, and feel sorry for them. But as crossed wires go, it was pretty funny."

This.

I met simon Thomas - the sky sports man in walkabout last night. He said the same - it wa when they transferred live to the other game the feed got cut off and taken out of context

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 May 2014 09:09

akranes To the16,000 that decided to skip the lap of appreciation.

Go oxf*rd yourselves.

Er, why?

I clap and cheer them all season during games and immediately after. With the pitch invasion it was clearly going to be ages before they came back out. As it took nearly an hour to drive to the ground before KO we all knew it would be even worse getting back, and it was.

Brighton's stadium was over half empty 5 mins before FT in their final game last season, in comparison we did pretty well.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 04 May 2014 09:51

What a bunch of embarrassing bell ends. We were checking on the Brighton score constantly and when the bell ends invaded the pitch we thought 'what the oxf*rd are they doing? We are now celebrating being out of the playoffs???', we automatically looked at sky sports behind us and it was still 1-2 Brighton.

After the match and even this morning I've been asked by several Burnley fans staying in the hotel what were we doing invading the pitch.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 04 May 2014 09:59

St Pauli

I drunkenly ran on the pitch, I don't know what everyone else's motivation was but I was celebrating the end of this awful season and getting to go away to Brentford and Fulham next year.

A small point but how very clever seeing as how Fulham's relegation wasn't confirmed until a couple of hours later!

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 May 2014 10:00

:lol: at people really taking to heart the embarrassment

The post above clearly explains BBC 5 live fùcked up and caused some people to get the wrong end of the stick... I find it as harmlessly funny as I'm sure most other non-Royals do.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 04 May 2014 10:22

[quote="akranes".... the 16,000 that decided to skip the lap of appreciation.

Go oxf*rd yourselves.[/quote]

Sorry for skipping it, only I had a 3 and a half hour drive home

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 May 2014 10:41

Chris Kamara trying his hardest to not laugh at us on GOS.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 May 2014 10:45

St Pauli
harry
MmmMonsterMunch Why did you feel the need to get on the pitch at all? Had we won something or am I 'misinformed'?

We won 7th! Everyone else has been falling over themselves to get it, but we did it!

I'm truly sorry for all those who missed the 'lap of honour' and now have another thing to worry about when caring what other clubs and people think of us.

Normally I'd agree but not this time, you let yourselves and the club down.

We most likely be fined for that as well, which given the potential financial shit the club look to be in this summer really isn't helpful no matter what the size of the fine may or may not be.

Incidentally some of your fellow pitch invaders appeared to care a great deal about what others thought of them. Given the pathetic way they tried to confront the Burnley fans for having the temerity to, quite rightly, piss themselves laughing at you.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 04 May 2014 10:53

You're right Sandman.

I've let the club down, I've let Reading fans down, but most of all, I've let myself down.

Won't someone please think of the finances!?!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 May 2014 10:57

Love the way people say "Oh well everyone else did it so thought I might as well" :lol:

Engage brain perhaps? Nah fcuk that!

I still do not get why people even thought it was appropriate. We've not fcuking won anything!!! Well done a team just down from the Prem with the 2nd highest wage bill in the division may have just scraped into the play offs.

Winning the league = fair enough
Staying up at the death = fair enough
Winning a play off semi final with a late goal = possibly.

I feel sorry for the players most of all. I bet quite a few of them were thinking the fans knew something the bench didn't.

I don't care what other people think anyway - I thought it was ridiculous & it p1ssed me off. If it was the likes of Jobi's / Ledge's / McCarthy's etc last game for us then I find it a real shame that people couldn't give them a proper send off. Many people thought the players wouldn't come back out after in case it turned nasty as it would take ages to get all the fans off the pitch.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 May 2014 10:58

MmmMonsterMunch Well done you utter idiots. Not only got the players hopes up but ruined the lap of honour for those of us that knew Brighton were winning. D1ckheads the lot of you.

LOL at staying for the lap of (dis)honour. Was in the bus queue by the time the final whistle went in any case.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 May 2014 11:05

Just saying, don't get upset just because you've been called out on looking like an utter dick. If you'd invaded it and then got off once you'd realised fair enough, a pitch invasion for finishing 6th would actually have been quite funny as well, but staying on despite numerous pleas to f[u]ck off and then to confront the Burnley fans is just f[u]cking dumb.

Again, normally when it comes to 'jester hats', 'plastics' and 'atmosphere' I couldn't give a flying one what other clubs think but that was just stupid.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 04 May 2014 11:08

We did walk off when we found out the result, but I can't help but think everyone's taking this all too seriously, the result and failed campaign included.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 May 2014 11:11

floyd__streete
MmmMonsterMunch Well done you utter idiots. Not only got the players hopes up but ruined the lap of honour for those of us that knew Brighton were winning. D1ckheads the lot of you.

LOL at staying for the lap of (dis)honour. Was in the bus queue by the time the final whistle went in any case.

PLOLastic.

322 posts