Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Buyout

by winchester_royal » 07 Oct 2013 13:58

Who Moved The Goalposts? I think there is something to it. I bumped into an ex-employee of RFC on Saturday who saw someone still very high up at the club at a charity function last week (they still get on well with each other) - he practically confirmed that AZ is off and a new buyer is being sought PDQ. Said some other interesting things as well.

Stop being a tease and spill.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 07 Oct 2013 14:06

Cobi
Who Moved The Goalposts?
SPARTA RFC refusing to comment - http://t.co/UmTk2EgQh7

I would have thought they'd end the rumours straight away if they were nonsense. Maybe there is something in this.

I think there is something to it. I bumped into an ex-employee of RFC on Saturday who saw someone still very high up at the club at a charity function last week (they still get on well with each other) - he practically confirmed that AZ is off and a new buyer is being sought PDQ. Said some other interesting things as well.

When I saw the dreaded "administration" word mentioned above, it is a deep concern. Can the parachute payment cheques really just be made out to another enterprise? Don't they belong to the club?

There's supposed to be some "Arabs" (friend's description who works at the hotel) looking at buying the hotel off of SJM. Maybe they're interested in the club too.

For £15m if true. It doesn't really affect the football club though.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 07 Oct 2013 14:18

Hmm, I gotta bit of trouble...

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 07 Oct 2013 14:24

Uncanny is more than just looks.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Oct 2013 14:37

Can someone PM me when the meltdown begins. I want to be involved.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Oct 2013 14:46

Cant believe Anton gave Drenthe and POG long term deals on big wages. He will drop us right in it if he oxf*rd off

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Oct 2013 14:46

The whole thing was dodgy from the start anyway

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 07 Oct 2013 14:50

If only things posted on Twitter were actually true.

Let me guess, the kids at @SpaccerFC_News made up the news first.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 07 Oct 2013 14:52

LoyalRoyal22 The whole thing was dodgy from the start anyway

How, exactly?

The deal went through the intended checks and was approved, so everything is above board.

G'La

by G'La » 07 Oct 2013 15:00

Article from the local rag...

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... er-6150616

Reading 'comfortable' amid Zingarevich takeover speculation
7 Oct 2013 13:47

The Russian was due to complete the purchase of the club from Sir John Madejski by the end of last month.
Share on print Share on email
Anton Zingarevich has yet to complete his takeover of Reading FC. Anton Zingarevich has yet to complete his takeover of Reading FC.

Reading continue to say they are comfortable with how Anton Zingarevich's takeover is progressing amid speculation he is looking to sell his 51 per cent share.

The Russian, through his Thames Sport Investment (TSI) company, was due to complete the purchase of the club from Sir John Madejski by the end of last month.

He missed the deadline to buy the remaining 49 per cent, however, sparking fears he was struggling to put together the necessary funds, thought to be in the region of £25 million.

Reading have insisted, however, that there is no cause for concern and that Zingarevich and Madejski are both 'comfortable' with the situation.

That continues to be the line, despite speculation that Zingarevich is in talks with a Middle Eastern consortium about selling his share.

The Russian is currently abroad following the birth of his first child and has not been to a game since the friendly with Oman on September 7.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Oct 2013 15:01

G'La Article from the local rag...

The Russian was due to complete the purchase of the club from Sir John Madejski by the end of last month.
Anton Zingarevich has yet to complete his takeover of Reading FC. Anton Zingarevich has yet to complete his takeover of Reading FC.

Reading continue to say they are comfortable with how Anton Zingarevich's takeover is progressing amid speculation he is looking to sell his 51 per cent share.

The Russian, through his Thames Sport Investment (TSI) company, was due to complete the purchase of the club from Sir John Madejski by the end of last month.

He missed the deadline to buy the remaining 49 per cent, however, sparking fears he was struggling to put together the necessary funds, thought to be in the region of £25 million.

Reading have insisted, however, that there is no cause for concern and that Zingarevich and Madejski are both 'comfortable' with the situation.

That continues to be the line, despite speculation that Zingarevich is in talks with a Middle Eastern consortium about selling his share.

The Russian is currently abroad following the birth of his first child and has not been to a game since the friendly with Oman on September 7.

PANIC!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Oct 2013 15:21

Chill Winston.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 07 Oct 2013 15:41

LoyalRoyalFan If only things posted on Twitter were actually true.

Let me guess, the kids at @SpaccerFC_News made up the news first.

Then you guess wrong. It first appeared 'unreliably' on footy rumours, then the sun ran with it and then ssn, then the local press (cronicle and post). The club declined to comment.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Oct 2013 15:49

floyd__streete
"I've heard".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 07 Oct 2013 16:39

G'La Article from the local rag...

"Continues to be the line" suggests the club don't want to refute the rumour Anton is looking to sell, rather than buy. Good opportunity to pooh-pooh not taken.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Oct 2013 17:05

2 world wars, 1 world cup I've done several large business transactions for my business and despite being completely in the money and all above board thee have almost always been issues and delays. Anyone who's ever bought a house for example will know this. To start speculating just because we didn't sign promised players and the takeover hasnt happened yet is daft. Things this big take time and will stumble.

I'm just glad we have Sir John to look after matters.

The one saving grace is that if it does all go tits up the club apologists here will look even more bloody stupid on HNA than they already do so not all will be lost.

Just a comment about large business transactions.
At about £25 million or whatever it is this is not a massive deal for a business with proven income streams for many years with an income guarantee of £12.5 million over a 4-year period from the Sky money alone.

Also it is now almost 2 years since this all started and football clubs are not very complicated businesses so I don't buy into the idea that there can be major issues.
IIRC it took a while for the Football League to ratify that Anton was a fit and proper person and it strikes me that everything may not be exactly kosher with his business affairs-that comment may also be true of our JM with so much overseas company involvement and known massive losses (speculative comment made on alleged information) in recent times so it may not all be down to Anton.

From afar it looks as though JM may have made a bit of a hash of this sale and for the long term future of our club maybe a wealthy Arab owner would be more advantageous than a Russian with unknown assets-somebody like the Man City owner would be handy.

kevan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by kevan » 07 Oct 2013 17:14

SJM clearly had to sell at a bargain price at the time of the original deal. With the economy and the fortunes of the club better than at the time of the deal he may well be keen to renegotiate if the opportunity comes along. Similarly if Anton bought us as an investment he may be able to turn the club over at a profit to owners with deeper pockets.

Still think this is most likely an unsubstantiated rumour but if not there are opportunities as well as risks.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 07 Oct 2013 17:56

I'm currently having a beer - Kilkenny FTR - half a mile down the road from the Royal palace in Scabby Dabby. A couple more and I may waddled up, knock on the door and as His Shakiness: "Mansour, me old mucker, the Nobbers want to know if one of your bruvs is going to splosh the dosh in Royal Berkshire?"

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 07 Oct 2013 18:22

Dick Habbin's hairdo I'm currently having a beer - Kilkenny FTR - half a mile down the road from the Royal palace in Scabby Dabby. A couple more and I may waddled up, knock on the door and as His Shakiness: "Mansour, me old mucker, the Nobbers want to know if one of your bruvs is going to splosh the dosh in Royal Berkshire?"

Makesure you empasise the 'Royal' part of Berkshire - and the clubs nickname is the 'Royals' - they like that kinda stuff...

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Oct 2013 18:28

I posted about a takeover from a Saudi Group on the 26th Sept. But one of the moderators deleted the thread. :|

8684 posts